Klee Corner

Hello guys and welcome to “Klee Corner”, (technically) my eighth modular building, packing a whopping 4480 pieces. Coming from “A Summer in Tuscany”, with its bright yellow and orange colours screaming “look at me”, its follow-up had to do something entirely different. Therefore, instead of a 48×32 baseplate, I chose the classic 32×32 (hadn't done a 32×32 modular since Sweets & Co., over a year ago!) and decided to cram it with details to (near) insanity levels.

Without further ado…

40365579320_aafcf0601c_b.jpg

Klee Corner marks many personal “firsts” in my modular history: First model with three buildings (plus on a single 32x32 baseplate), first curved façade, first alleyway that crosses an entire model through and first building narrower than 8 studs. I'll walk you through my model in a little extra detail.

This model packs a big number of colours in the Lego inventory 29 out of 41 solid colours and 11 out of 15 transparent colours, making a total of 40 different colours!

The Blue and Curved Buildings:

27301189437_02a31a1c35_b.jpg

This is the narrowest house I've ever built, at just 6 studs wide! Inevitably, it is difficult for it to have a prominent silhouette to mark a staple in the skyline, but it definitely helps to add variety to an otherwise rather monotonous skyline. As it is skinnier, I placed it further in front of the composition, to make it draw a little more attention. The inspiration for this building comes mostly from Bilbao, a city in the Basque Country, north of the Iberian Peninsula, where they've placed bold metal boxes, full of windows to modernise the old city centre.

Wonder where the name “Klee Corner” comes from? From Paul Klee, of course, the famous Swiss painter. His and many other artist's interpretation of the world lend themselves right here. It's quite funny, as the ground floor for this (the red box) remains from the first sessions of building, but the top part has had close to ten different iterations. The last one is absolutely perfect and does everything I hoped it would.

Interior-wise, these two buildings work together, as I didn't think possible any way of making the curved façade actually modular (detachable and duplicable). This creative decision makes the two share all five interiors.

Bottom Floor:

41451682654_f4e2b88823_b.jpg

The metal-enclosed box is similar to one to be found in “The Little Owl Restaurant”, in New York City.

40365775950_9a0a2e6a59_b.jpg

In such bold ground floor, there could be nothing less than a bustling pizzeria! Overlook Magic Shop – or any building, as in modular land, everything's possible! - through the windowed section as you wait for your pizza to come. The tiling is particularly interesting, and I managed to sneak details such as plants, drawers, napkin servers and overhanging lights.

Middle Floor:

42126720612_1f67a58dc9_b.jpg

The middle floor and top floors can be accessed through the white door next to the red box (the blue building's door, per say). These two floors encompass a night lounge bar only for select ABS humanoids to go. Drinks are served in weirdly-coloured bottles, as light comes through in shades of orange and yellow through the windows.

Top Floor:

42172980371_8fbcf91989_b.jpg

In the most intimate nights, the piano is an element that needs to be present. Its sinuous curves invite all clients to walk up the spiral staircase to hear the pianist magically craft long chord progressions and fugacious staccatos.

The Brownish/Reddish/Greenish/Yellowish Buildings

Yes, the easiest name to remember, right!? The façade of this building tries to improve Detective's Office’s (I'll leave that to your judgement) blue building, adding it extra texture, colours and (hopefully) life.

Bottom Floor:

41451886104_2368617e92_b.jpg

Houses the oldest pharmacy in town dating as far back as 1932. It even preserves the old tile mosaic on its outer façade and the tenths of glass bottles in which they kept serums and medicines. They say Ole Kirk Kristiansen used to shop for medicine here. I love the flooring here, by the way.

Middle and Top Floors:

42126862612_875969bd0b_b.jpg

Ever wondered where they made ordinary object before our world became a disposable polluted sphere? One of the practically lost jobs was making and selling umbrellas, and my little modular town couldn't go without one, could it? Due to the way the walls are built (extremely parts heavy, by the way! This building has more pieces than the other two together!), the interior is very crammed and doesn't allow for much detail, but it nevertheless is a cool little area. Pink umbrella… I wonder who might want to buy one of those… Erm… Hagrid?

Some extra images:

28300353328_d368cbb914_b.jpg

More awesome pictures to be found on my Flickr, with some really cool ones from awkward angles and such.

Hope you've enjoyed Klee Corner, as well as reading through what I've written about it. Have a very nice day, wherever on Earth you might be!

Pau

Edited by paupadros

Whelp, this is brilliant. :thumbup:

Any chance of an .lfx? I'm curious to see how you pulled off that curve in the center building. Really nice, by the way - one of the most original designs I've ever seen in here.

I assume all of the "printed" tiles on the pharmacy are actually custom decals?

57 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

Whelp, this is brilliant. :thumbup:

Any chance of an .lxf? I'm curious to see how you pulled off that curve in the center building. Really nice, by the way - one of the most original designs I've ever seen in here.

I assume all of the "printed" tiles on the pharmacy are actually custom decals?

Thank you so so much! There's a very thin line between original and plain trash, so I'm glad you like it! If you send a personal message with your mail, I can perfectly send over the file, but the curve is done using flex tubes with clips sticking out and Erling bricks stacked one on top another then. Yes, the pharmacy is done with custom tiles. Can you figure out in which language it's written in?

50 minutes ago, Jimbricked said:

I can't stop taking my eyes off that piano (as I am a self-taught pianist). WONDERFUL

Thanks! It took a bit of fiddling to get it perfectly aligned. I was really angry when I wouldn't connect due to a half a plate gap! I love the look of pianos and admire people who have the ability to play them brilliantly, so again, thank you!

Incredibly unique and colorful MOC. Your continuous exploration of facade texture is one of a kind and results in a very definitive style. I really like the combination of the three buildings here. That last image of this with several of your other MOCs is really awesome; one of the most lively and joyous city blocks around! Great buildings!

On 17/5/2018 at 8:51 PM, koalayummies said:

Incredibly unique and colorful MOC. Your continuous exploration of facade texture is one of a kind and results in a very definitive style. I really like the combination of the three buildings here. That last image of this with several of your other MOCs is really awesome; one of the most lively and joyous city blocks around! Great buildings!

Thanks a lot koalayummies! You must certainly know very well that finding new and interesting ways of making a façade without repeating too much what one has done so far, is definitely challenging. Therefore, exploring newer and more advanced façades is kind of a must, rather than an extra thing. I was fearful that the combination would look a little bit too cluttered, but I think that by placing the highest point of the curved building right by the blue one I cleared out some space which makes it look calmer and overall cleaner, while interesting and colourful! It must be something unconscious as I don't stick to the style I tend to do on purpose. Anyway, thanks a bunch, even more coming from such talanted builder!

Btw, I think your last modular (Arsenal Block) was terribly overlooked...

Edited by paupadros

Wow, a real feast for the eyes. :sweet: 

This looks really stunning. The first thing that hits you when looking at this moc is your trademark use of bold bright colours and all the wonderful ways you've used the textures of different bricks to create the patterns on the facade. You seem to have a real knack for combining all these colours and textured bricks in your mocs without any of them ever clashing. :thumbup:

I especially like the colourful centre building. The shaping of this is fantastic and I love how the white and blue sloped bricks on the roof line, sweep around and lead your eye down to the pharmacy building on the right. This looks even more effective on some of the other pics on your flickr page too.

And just when I thought it couldn't get any better I saw the interior shots. I can't believe the amount of detail you've managed to squeeze in to a 32 x 32 model. I really like the grand piano and the pizza restaurant but think my favourite is the lounge room. It looks very chilled out and relaxed in there and that fish tank is really cool.

This is an amazing and inspiring moc. It's instantly recognisable as one of your designs yet it is quite different to your others as well. I think this is one of your best yet. It hooks amazing in the shot alongside your other modulars. 

Your renders and image presentation is also second to none. :classic:

Edited by Bricked1980

I feel really bad, I think I should take some aspirine... 

Man, that's I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E!!! Mind blown! Speechless. *huh* You made my day, @paupadros, I'm considering this to be my all time favorite modular! :wub_drool: There are everything you could search in a modular: NPU's, angles, techniques (and what techniques!), color scheme, taste, classical @paupadros craziness :wink:... I fell in love with this modular... Seriously!! :grin_wub: Apologies for my over exciteness, guys, but I think after seeing this jaw-dropping modular, you will give (at least almost) reason... The piano is very well done as well! And this looks so amazing with Sweets & Co. Keep it up!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by LegoModularFan

28 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

Wow, a real feast for the eyes. :sweet: 

This looks really stunning. The first thing that hits you when looking at this moc is your trademark use of bold bright colours and all the wonderful ways you've used the textures of different bricks to create the patterns on the facade. You seem to have a real knack for combining all these colours and textured bricks in your mocs without any of them ever clashing. :thumbup:

Thanks a lot for such kind comment! I guess I just can't help wanting to have so many colours and shapes (in this model there are 40 different Lego colours). As you most likely know, inspiration is key, and for this one, it was lots of Art Nouveau (mostly the one around Barcelona), Friedrich Hundertwasser's buildings and more modern architectures just sprinkled about (a little bit of New York, a little bit of Bilbao, a little bit of Berlin...). When your inspiration is bewideringly daring; crazy buildings generally, their spirtit crosses right through you. In the end, it flows naturally, not sure why.

42 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

I especially like the colourful centre building. The shaping of this is fantastic and I love how the white and blue sloped bricks on the roof line, sweep around and lead your eye down to the pharmacy building on the right. This looks even more effective on some of the other pics on your flickr page too.

Yes, this effect you're talking about I discussed with a relative of mine. Initially, the focal point of the curved building, aka the tip, the highest point was in the blue stripe (formed a sort of an inverted "U" with centre on the blue stripe. The problem was that the blue stripe was partially hidden behind the Pharmacy building, making the shorter Pharmacy seem the main building of the complex. Moving the tip right next to the skinniest building solved two issues and incidentally created the effect you mention.

1. The point wouldn't be covered by any other building.
  2. The point would create interaction between the curved and the blue building, inexistant before moving the tip.
  3. It generated a sloping section, which naturally leads the eye to the rooftop of the Pharmacy building.

49 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

And just when I thought it couldn't get any better I saw the interior shots. I can't believe the amount of detail you've managed to squeeze into a 32 x 32 model. I really like the grand piano and the pizza restaurant but think my favourite is the lounge room. It looks very chilled out and relaxed in there and that fish tank is really cool.

Thanks a lot! Interiors are clearly not my biggest strength, but working on smaller rooms I think has helped me improve. The tiling on the Pharmacy is pretty cool.

51 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

This is an amazing and inspiring moc. It's instantly recognisable as one of your designs yet it is quite different to your others as well. I think this is one of your best yet. It hooks amazing in the shot alongside your other modulars. 

Your renders and image presentation is also second to none. :classic:

That's always the aim! Making something new and different, but yet recogisable enough. I really like this model. The "Modular Buildings" album I have on my Flickr showcases a thing I've been wanting to achieve. I think my first five: Magic Shop, Italian Villa, The Iron Horse, Old Ben's Gallery and Sweets & Co. mark an era. Full width models, clear lines (OBG is my least favourite though), and overall charming models. Then Piazza San Marco for me is a hiatus. PSM and another modular I didn't make a topic for: Casa Vicens (a real building you should totally look up). In A Summer in Tuscany and now with Klee Corner, I tried to go back to the first five, but adding layers and layers and layers of ideas above the older's lines.

5 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

I feel really bad, I think I should take some aspirine... 

Man, that's I-N-C-E-D-I-B-L-E!!! Mind blown! Speechless. *huh* You made my day, @paupadros, I'm considering this to be my all time favorite modular! :wub_drool: There are everything you could search in a modular: NPU's, angles, techniques (and what techniques!), color scheme, taste, classical @paupadros craziness :wink:... I fell in love with this modular... Seriously!! :grin_wub: Apologies for my over exciteness but I think after seeing this jaw-dropping modular, you will give (at least almost) reason... The piano is very well done as well! And this looks so amazing with Sweets & Co.

I'm also speechless. This comment is just the best! All time favourite modular? Those are major major words, man! Remember? This was the modular I was talking about when I said "a 32x32 with more modern motifs sprinkled about". When I started building that curve, I, for some reason knew it was going to be special. Sometimes, when building I just sit and think. What would be the dumbest thing a model could have? A clown face up top? No! Dumber! A rainbow curved façade! That's what I'm going for! Anyway, about all those things usual about my modulars: weird angles, blindingly stupid colour schemes, it's just plain old true; I'm weird and my buildings tend to be weird (although I try to give them structural logic, say a structure which won't detract from all the dumbness atop). I was also surprised how good it looked next to S&C, as models with so many buildings tend to fade away in the distance, like AS does. Now go collect your jaw, we wouldn't want you to need to call a doctor overnight...

15 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

Keep it up!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Not sure I will be able to...

Hello guys! I thought you might be interested in knowing I wrote a little article about Klee Corner for HispaBrick's amazing 10th anniversary, in total their 30th, edition. I hope some of you guys find it remotely interesting, as I took the time to add fun anecdotes, indepth information about inspiration and LDD draftwork of previous design and such. In case you're interested you can find it here:

http://www.hispabrickmagazine.com/sites/default/files/Descargas/HBM030_ENG.pdf

Of course, comments on the model itself are very much welcome!

Thanks!

Edited by paupadros
Curse you spelling!

7 hours ago, paupadros said:

Hello guys! I thought you might be interested in knowing I wrote a little article about Klee Corner for HispaBrick's amazing 10th anniversary, in total their 30th, edition. I hope some of you guys find it remotely interseting, as I took the time to add fun anecdotes, indepth information about inspiration and LDD draftwork of previous design and such. In case you're interested you can find it here:

Thanks so much for sharing this here and of course taking the time to write it! I didn't have time to read the whole article but it looks like a real tutorial!  And what makes me the most happy is that it's about this awe-inspiring one of my all time favorite modulars... :wub:

On 23/5/2018 at 11:43 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Thanks so much for sharing this here and of course taking the time to write it! I didn't have time to read the whole article but it looks like a real tutorial!  And what makes me the most happy is that it's about this awe-inspiring one of my all time favorite modulars... :wub:

No problem! I had a real blast writing it! Besides, I've mentioned here and there inspiration, but I believe that that article really showcases what I thought it would end up looking when I began making it. There's a sketch I drew at 2AM there, which is not at all like the finished model. Then there's so many iterations the design went through. I think it's a fun read if you have the interest and time. Translating was utterly painful, though. :hmpf_bad:

Write back saying whether you liked it or not. :wink:

Edited by paupadros

14 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Beautiful masterpiece! :wub:

Thanks a billion! Took a lot of mastering to get properly right. It does mean a lot that a very avid poster like you likes it!

33 minutes ago, AlexanderM said:

Absolutely stunning and incredible :classic:

Big thanks :wink: I remember you commented on A Summer in Tuscany a little while ago. Very much glad you like it!

Time flies friends... I wanted to post the other images I did for this model two weeks ago but have been immensely busy and didn't even have time to remember it! Thankfully, my brain's not entirely numb yet so although I've remembered it late, I feel it's still somehow rellevant. In exchange for my dumbness, I'll briefly comment on them.

27301189437_02a31a1c35_b.jpgKlee Corner: Curved Building by Pau Padrós, en Flickr

Just remembered this picture was already posted :head_back:   /\

This image show really well how I placed the 6-wide ble building a little bit further in front for it not to sink in the overall appearance of the model. On pages 73 and 74 of HispaBrick Magazine 30, you can see better how I built the curved façade and the windows so they wouldn't collide inside the building. I really like how you can see the reflection of the brightly-coloured little monster on the dark blue wall :purrr:

40365622200_f5eba002ed_b.jpgKlee Corner: Yellowish Building by Pau Padrós, en Flickr

The building over to the right eats up a big bunch of the piece count of this model. I mean, for a 32x32, 4480 pieces is just stupidly massive. I mean , I think this small building has more pieces than the curved and the blue one together, which is just ridiculous to think about.

41451682654_f4e2b88823_b.jpgKlee Corner: Pavement by Pau Padrós, en Flickr

I really like this image. No-one really commented on this part of the build (maybe the curve was just too distracting!), but I really love it, the red boxy mirrored section. Has a very straight forward design which just works, sometimes, simpler is better! By the way, can you guess which language the "Farmàcia" sign is written in?

40365673980_ba0a24f8a6_b.jpgKlee Corner: Rooftops by Pau Padrós, en Flickr

Here again, there are three different roof designs. Two (the ones on either sides) are fairly similar, complex and quasi-barroque. The middle one on the other hand, is again simple but does the effect nicely, it sweeps the eye down to the building to the right nicely.

42126481512_35bb155369_b.jpgKlee Corner: Side by Pau Padrós, en Flickr

What is the same element I always tend to place as a "signature" in Lego bricks? Look for it on the floor. It's also on ASIT, PSM and S&C! :tongue:

42126556892_a02b849884_b.jpgKlee Corner: Middle Rooftop by Pau Padrós, en Flickr

Helter skelter!

Edited by paupadros

The new images are really great. I especially like the different roof designs and the way the sloped roof on the middle building kind of sweeps around. That's one of my favourite features of the whole model and these new pictures (especially the last one) show it perfectly. :classic:

Edited by Bricked1980

3 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

The new images are really great. I especially like the different roof designs and the way the sloped roof on the middle building kind of sweeps around. That's one of my favourite features of the whole model and these new pictures (especially the last one) show it perfectly. :classic:

Thanks! The middle building's roof shape is also my favourite element of the model. Have you spotted a teeny tiny little detail? In the first image (which, by the way, I've just noticed I'd already posted :wacko: whooops!) the curve isn't all the time continuous eg. concave, a long curve around a single radius, where the flame yellow and lime sections join, the curve changes direction (the radius of it would be OUTSIDE the façade rather than inside. To say it easily, the curve has a little bump :laugh:.

52 minutes ago, paupadros said:

What is the same element I always tend to place as a "signature" in Lego bricks? Look for it on the floor. It's also on ASIT, PSM and S&C! :tongue:

Have you spotted that /\ ?

PD: I liked your previous avatar better :wink:

19 hours ago, paupadros said:

I've just noticed I'd already posted :wacko: whooops!) the curve isn't all the time continuous eg. concave, a long curve around a single radius, where the flame yellow and lime sections join, the curve changes direction (the radius of it would be OUTSIDE the façade rather than inside. To say it easily, the curve has a little bump :laugh:.

Hadn't spotted until you mentioned it but I think I see what you mean. :classic:

19 hours ago, paupadros said:

PD: I liked your previous avatar better :wink:

I was fed up with the same minifig image grinning back at me every time I logged in to EB, hence the reason I switched my avatar. :laugh: I was thinking I might switch it back again though.

On 6/20/2018 at 4:33 PM, paupadros said:

Thanks! The middle building's roof shape is also my favourite element of the model. Have you spotted a teeny tiny little detail? In the first image (which, by the way, I've just noticed I'd already posted :wacko: whooops!) the curve isn't all the time continuous eg. concave, a long curve around a single radius, where the flame yellow and lime sections join, the curve changes direction (the radius of it would be OUTSIDE the façade rather than inside. To say it easily, the curve has a little bump :laugh:.

I spotted this tiny detail which was the reason this modular became one of my all time favorites! :blush: 

On 6/20/2018 at 3:38 PM, paupadros said:

Haha! You're the best! :laugh_hard: That's something I haven't noticed before... 

On 6/21/2018 at 12:17 PM, Bricked1980 said:

Hadn't spotted until you mentioned it but I think I see what you mean. :classic:

10 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

I spotted this tiny detail which was the reason this modular became one of my all time favorites! :blush: 

I wrote this explanation on a picture tag, I'll just copy-paste it here: The bump here looks nice, but it was kind of an accident. In order to place the flex tube that has clips that form the headlight brick pillars, I needed to have some extra clips that would stick the flex tube itself to the base. When you have to connect two flex tubes, there's a space where the façade just goes straight for two bricks (the gap this leaves is fairly noticable in another picture of the blue stripe). Basically, I placed the clips that would hold the flex tube, then realised the flex tube itself would have a concave shape. At first I thought that wouldn't be an issue, but... No. All of the elements: the 1x1 clips that sandwich the 1x1 Technic bricks, the windows and the roof protrued from the façade, they come out of it. Where it is concave, these protruding elements collide, that's why there's no 1x1 cheese slope on the top nor 1x1 clips between windows :D. There is, though the top 1x2 cheese slope, as I placed it half a brick behind kind of tucked away somehow.

Also, in ASIT or in S&C I had flower pots decorating the windows, but for this one, aside from the shaping and colouring, I felt there was not much interest, not much interest, to be found on the middle floors. That worked as such in a way :purrr:

On 6/21/2018 at 12:17 PM, Bricked1980 said:

I was fed up with the same minifig image grinning back at me every time I logged in to EB, hence the reason I switched my avatar. :laugh: I was thinking I might switch it back again though.

It wasn't bad, but this one gives a much more charming feel to your posts :laugh:

10 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Haha! You're the best! :laugh_hard: That's something I haven't noticed before... 

It's something I thought of while travelling. Heck, if painters sign their works, wouldn't it be great if Lego sets had just a couple of pieces on the side which would indicate who designed it. Therefore we wouldn't need Designer videos to know (although I love the insights!). For each designer, a distinguishable signature. So I put it there always, a sand blue rat with its cheese next to it :wink:

@paupadros You have certainly developed a very unique building style. Honestly, I'm starting to find your building too colorful and too detailed for my taste. All the tiny details seem to get lost, and I really need to have several views at buildings to really appreciate it all.

My favourite is the narrow dark blue building, specifically the large window cowering the facade. It's a great way to open up a tiny space.

I'm intrigued to see in more detail how the curved wall is built. While I like the texture and colours, together they look crowded. I'd go for one or the other. For some reason you're pushing the limits on how much intricate detailing can be included on the building. I know building digitally gives you more freedom in parts use. Never the less, there's always some inspiring detail to be found in your MOCs.

On 6/27/2018 at 2:11 PM, Redhead1982 said:

@paupadros You have certainly developed a very unique building style. Honestly, I'm starting to find your building too colorful and too detailed for my taste. All the tiny details seem to get lost, and I really need to have several views at buildings to really appreciate it all.

My favourite is the narrow dark blue building, specifically the large window cowering the facade. It's a great way to open up a tiny space.

I'm intrigued to see in more detail how the curved wall is built. While I like the texture and colours, together they look crowded. I'd go for one or the other. For some reason you're pushing the limits on how much intricate detailing can be included on the building. I know building digitally gives you more freedom in parts use. Never the less, there's always some inspiring detail to be found in your MOCs.

Very interesting comment, @Redhead1982! Certainly not everything can be of everyone's taste, which is a good thing! I love opinion and discussion. I completely understand your point. I'm always trying to conceive bigger, grander concepts: curved façades, tilting roofs, plus my (more than probable) overuse of colour and the fact I used the back of the headlight bricks for extra texturing may be a little too much. I would agree that smaller details get diluted in the general picture with so much else going on, but I prefer a big bold impactful image over a very lovingly crafted model but that doesn't have that "WOW!" or that "UGH... What's that" factor. I've found my style can arouse a little bit of a disapproval reaction at first. A little bit of a shock if I may, but I always try to make a solid model with tons of awesome details that if you happen to enjoy, better! :laugh:

I also really like how the blue windows peek over to the left of the model. It gives a little bit of rest to the eye and has a newyorkish feel I really like. In fact, it's based on the old townhouses in Bilbao, Spain. There, they've put metal windowed sections where an old house was, in order not to hide it. I think it's an act of honesty in architecture which isn't that common. It's also the less overdecorated area of the model, so that's why you might be fonder of that part rather than others. You're entirly right, building digitally allows for more freedom for parts usage and more importantly for cheap experimenting. I've sometimes tried 4-5 different façades and have chosen a single one. It allows me to be more picky and in a way, forge my style.

I know this model might be a little bit crowded, but it's just how it turned out to be for three reasons. 1. My style is very much that way :look: 2. It was very inspired by Art Nouveau and Friedrich Hundertwasser's architecture. Which is inspired by Gaudí's (a clear favourite of mine) but in "Lego-friendly" colours. 3. I decided to make it a straight modular (not a corner). If it were a corner, it would've probably looked less cramped, but that's not the effect I was striving for.

As you might've seen, I love pushing limits, because... if you can push them, why wouldn't you? About the curved façade, the only way I conceived possible was it not being (entirely) modular. The façade is done using flex tubes and clips around it to hold the posts. The floors follow the wall's shape, they don't poke out of it. There's a picture on page 73 of the article I wrote for HispaBrick Magazine. I think it's pretty interesting to see the progression of this MOC: http://www.hispabrickmagazine.com/sites/default/files/Descargas/HBM030_ENG.pdf

Have a nice day! Pau :classic: 

Edited by paupadros