Hi, I want to make some RC trucks, but I need some suspension pieces, and motors, I was looking at buying 9398, but I'm not sure if it's the best choice, I own both the CLAAS, and MB-Arocs, and a large amount of most standard parts, I was thinking of buying just the PF, portal hubs, and those ball joint frames + their connectors, but it ended up being about $110 CAD, and at that point I may as well buy the whole set, I personally would like to get a Buwizz instead of the IR, but It's about $196 CAD, so It's almost as expensive as a 9398, and I've heard not so good things about SBrick's android compatibility.

Thanks for your time. :classic:

I just want some suggestions, and try to figure out something from there, and I thought the best place to ask about the best way/best place to get trial truck parts would be the spot where there are so many awesome truck designers. :classic:

Just now, XtremeBuilder said:

I just want some suggestions, and try to figure out something from there, and I thought the best place to ask about the best way/best place to get trial truck parts would be the spot where there are so many awesome truck designers. :classic:

For a beginner, get 9398. It will give you a large supply of what you need.

Considering the RC/PF/Electrical parts make up a BIG part of the cost, of any set that has them.. 

AND their resale value stays high...  AND they are always in demand..

then no.. it's not surprising that it's often cheaper to buy a whole set, just for the electric parts

You can then either sell off the parts you don't want... or just add them to your spares

I recently picked up 2 x Tracked Racers, for AUD$90... (great deal, considering they were originally AUD$110ea in shops, barely 6 months ago)
Although we've had a bit of fun with them, I mainly grabbed it for the 4 motors, 2 ir, 2 remotes, and 2 battery boxes, I got to add to my collection
That's basically $10 per electric part, with all the other bits for free!

Keep an eye on Various for sale groups.. facebook marketplace/buy/swap/sell groups in your area..  

But just remember, that can be an expensive hobby.. esp if you want things like rare wheels/motors/shock absorbers, for truck trials...

I'm trying real hard on holding off for PF-2 until I get anymore stuff, not easy for me to do either since my RC part selection is quite sparse. 

19 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

holding off for PF-2

I originally had the same thought as you but then I came across too many good deals on sets with PF. And since I usually leave my models built up and displayed, I figured why not and took the plunge.  Now I would have them coming out my ears if I disassembled all my models. But when you see deals on Craigslist for misb retired Flagship sets at $100 to $150 off current BL pricing, one does not quibble about having too many, you shut up and buy them. :laugh:

I highly recommend set 42065 (The RC racer) It includes 2 M motors, battery pack and a remote. Comparing the price to the Power Functions box (8293) makes it pretty attractive for those parts alone, even if you don't use the other stuff in the box.

41 minutes ago, Frostbricks said:

I highly recommend set 42065 (The RC racer) It includes 2 M motors, battery pack and a remote. Comparing the price to the Power Functions box (8293) makes it pretty attractive for those parts alone, even if you don't use the other stuff in the box.

The thing is I already have one M & L motor, and 2 battery packs.  What I need is some IR, a servo, and at least one other L, or an XL(s), not to mention suspension/lifted drivetrain (is that the correct phrase?) parts, so going by what everyone else is saying, I think I'll get the 9398.

13 minutes ago, XtremeBuilder said:

What I need is some IR,

That's in there too (silly me should of listed it) but yeah, 9398 would be good if you can find it. The Servo motors are very useful and having the right steering hubs/portals is awesome for taking the weight of the Axles.

Not sure if any current set has the Servo motor in it, But pretty sure the new Rally Car (42077) has both the wheel hubs and suspension springs. (no motors though) and prolly a lot easier to find.

30 minutes ago, Frostbricks said:

That's in there too (silly me should of listed it) but yeah, 9398 would be good if you can find it. The Servo motors are very useful and having the right steering hubs/portals is awesome for taking the weight of the Axles.

Not sure if any current set has the Servo motor in it, But pretty sure the new Rally Car (42077) has both the wheel hubs and suspension springs. (no motors though) and prolly a lot easier to find.

I'll probably just get it off Bricklink, I just hope one closer to Canada becomes available, pretty much everything is in Europe.

Maybe consider the 42030. It is a bit pricey maybe but It contains all 4 motors and 2 ir receivers.

Servo Motors are quite expensive (Cheapest I could find is £23 on BL), you might be better off using an M-Motor and a clutch gear instead for steering.

Edited by Tarix819