Sign in to follow this  
leafan

Filling out my collection & eBay

Hi everyone,

So after having recently come out of my dark ages, I have been reinforcing my army with Castle themed Lego with lots from eBay.

I've come across some great finds but I have noticed a disturbing trend of fakes appearing lately.

I fear that my latest purchase may partially fall into this category, as you can see here:

https://imgur.com/a/RG19fmJ

It's a little disheartening when that happens, but hey...at least my boy can freely destroy them :)

Has anybody else experienced similar? Seems like a lot of bother to report and send the items back.

P.S. I presume that the 'centaur' bodies were never produced by Lego? The upper torso attaches to them. My ones are clearly fake.

Edited by leafan
Typo

Yeah i suppose that's an important distinction, because you can't fake what was never produced (the centaur), but there's some torso's without the Lego name on the neck stud, and I've never seen that on an official Lego piece :(

P.S. - I feel like I should add a picture, since I look like a creepy-silhouette right now :)

Edited by leafan

They look like customs...if you can call 'em that. More like random mish-mashes of parts and a Brickforge (?) Centaur. No fakes as far as I can see, but a few more angles of the figs wouldn't hurt.

The centaur body is made by Bickforge, one of several aftermarket sellers who's parts are designed to be used with Lego. That print on the centaur is known as Courser, and is not currently available in that body color. Count yourself lucky to have it.

The torso with the wave symbol is this one, which someone obviously changed out the arms.

19 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

They look like customs...if you can call 'em that. More like random mish-mashes of parts and a Brickforge (?) Centaur. No fakes as far as I can see, but a few more angles of the figs wouldn't hurt.

Here's a couple more:

https://imgur.com/a/YykLHAF

First one shows what I believe to be one of the fakes, without the Lego name, against a real one.

18 hours ago, gedren_y said:

The centaur body is made by Bickforge, one of several aftermarket sellers who's parts are designed to be used with Lego. That print on the centaur is known as Courser, and is not currently available in that body color. Count yourself lucky to have it.

The torso with the wave symbol is this one, which someone obviously changed out the arms.

Ah ok, I'd never heard of Brickforge until now, thank you.

I guess in summary, it's not a big deal until I spend a lot. This one was only about £22 so what's that in dollars? $30ish? You win some you lose some - it's just not the first time it's happened.

6 hours ago, leafan said:

Here's a couple more:

https://imgur.com/a/YykLHAF

First one shows what I believe to be one of the fakes, without the Lego name, against a real one.

The one on the left appears to be a fake, but I'm not 100% sure. Sometimes the "Battle-pack" type sets that are made in China don't have a mark on the neck like regular figures do and that torso did come in the 2014 pack. I'll check mine in a bit and I'll let you know if it has the marking. Otherwise, it's a fake.

My battle pack ones have all had the logo on the neck.

I'd confront the seller, if they described them as LEGO.