hello, i have just bought the porsche 911 gt3 kit brand new on 15-5-2018 to build for my grandson, will i need to do any mods to my kit when i build it, been reading some interesting points about the gears not working as they should. if i do what stage of the build do i need to make the changes, thanks for reading.

No, the set has been modified since the gear problem was known.

so the sets is correct now (must be)

so build it, play with it and enjoy it

LEGO acknowledged the error but never corrected it. To fix it swap step 267 and 269, they are a set of gears near the rear of the chassis.

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

LEGO acknowledged the error but never corrected it. To fix it swap step 267 and 269, they are a set of gears near the rear of the chassis.

Mmm.strange. i won this set in a contest. And that one was changed

I bought on last Chrtismas, and didn't had any problems, but didn't checked if something was changed.

14 hours ago, Techniccrack said:

Mmm.strange. i won this set in a contest. And that one was changed

Are you really sure about that? When I look at Brickset, I see that the most recent instructions still show the error. Like @LvdH mentioned, TLG never ackknowledged the issue.

17 hours ago, lotusteve said:

hello, i have just bought the porsche 911 gt3 kit brand new on 15-5-2018 to build for my grandson, will i need to do any mods to my kit when i build it, been reading some interesting points about the gears not working as they should. if i do what stage of the build do i need to make the changes, thanks for reading.

Hi,

Welcome to EB. You can check out my review. Halfway through the review there's a video showing how to fix the problem. It's this video btw:

Because if you don't change a thing, the model will still work obviously. Which is perfectly fine if you don't care about an error in the sequence. To be hones; when you cover up the engine, you will never notice :laugh:

38 minutes ago, Jim said:

Are you really sure about that? When I look at Brickset, I see that the most recent instructions still show the error. Like @LvdH mentioned, TLG never ackknowledged the issue.

Hi,

Welcome to EB. You can check out my review. Halfway through the review there's a video showing how to fix the problem. It's this video btw:

Thankyou for this.. Brilliant review, some cracking info and loved the read..

Edited by Jim
Removed video from quote

You asked the same question in the MODs and Improvements thread. So, same answer here:

If you want to stay close to the original and fix all issues, you could try the unofficial errata. You do need about 30 extra parts though.

If you want the most complete package of community mods, you could walk the pimp up my Porsche path, but that would require significantly more parts.

6 minutes ago, lotusteve said:

Thankyou for this.. Brilliant review, some cracking info and loved the read..

Cool. Glad to be of help.

(please be aware that it's better not to quote videos or images)

And you might want to checkout the custom stickers. In my opinion, the Porsche really needs these stickers.

Why weren't those provided in the set? They're not STAMPs and even if they were, you're not likely going to be taking the model apart. They really cheaped out with such an expensive set! :hmpf_bad:

7 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Why weren't those provided in the set? They're not STAMPs and even if they were, you're not likely going to be taking the model apart. They really cheaped out with such an expensive set! :hmpf_bad:

I don't know why they weren't included. Maybe because you need to apply them to multiple parts, but we have seen the same thing on the Heavy Lift chopper. Granted, those stickers have a liftarm between them, but you still need to apply them carefully.

23131449166_2575010d59_c.jpg

Every time I see a Porsche without stickers, I feel something is missing.

4 hours ago, Jim said:

And you might want to checkout the custom stickers. In my opinion, the Porsche really needs these stickers.

+100000000

20 hours ago, Jim said:

thanks jim, i would like to order a set of the version 1 stickers but cant seem to get in touch with the person, i have tried to send a pm to him but my account says iam only allowed to send 0 messages per day, properly because iam a new member on here.. hope you can help.... steve.