Sign in to follow this  
minifigminute

Question about sharing links

Hey gang,

I was hoping for some guidance related to posting links to stuff like Youtube and Instagram. My son and I have got a little social experiment thing where we film unbagging, slap some graphics around it, and post it to youtube. I figured it's a fun way to expand our addiction to minifigs AND give him some understanding of basic video and image manipulation tools :)

That said, is there a particular board that's a good place for sharing that sort of thing? It's kind of pointless to do something like that unless you're going to share it.

Thanks in advance,

dp

Posting them on youtube is sharing them. If youtube users want to search for them and watch them they can.

But posting a new thread here or to other lego fan sites each time you open a collectable minifigure is going to get very tedious very quickly, especially if they are out of date. One video per figure seems complete overkill as it is, but then updating everyone each time you do one is going too far in my view. Personally, I don't see what they add to the existing pictorial reviews already published here (or elsewhere), or the many video reviews of the complete series already published on youtube. I certainly wouldn't sit through 16 lots of 2 1/2  minute videos per series, when much of it is repetition or irrelevant, considering others managed to review the whole series in about 15 minutes and do it a month ago. Spreading it out over a month or more having to go back for the next installment each time, forget it. With other video reviews I can watch the whole series review in one go. Looking at what you have published, you managed to do only 11 from series 17, so you are not even completist. If anyone was interested they would still have to use someone else's review anyway, so might as well just do that in the first place.

Opening a CMF is not a rare event. If you want to video it and share it on youtube, that's fine. But just like all the LEGO shop haul videos, or unboxing videos, or opening my bricklink order videos and so on, they aren't really newsworthy and updates about it don't really belong here.

If you are inclined to share them here maybe "Brick Flicks & Comics" is what you are looking for, maybe. But if it is just one figure per video I would put them in one thread otherwise it will look like you are just spamming the boards. I am thinking if it is just for a single series, you could make a thread for each new series. 

@samurai-turtle, I dig the idea of one thread to rule them all, thanks! Maybe I can give that a try.... didn't really know that was "a thing" :)

@MAB, thanks for the insights. Yeah, I've been wondering about the format a bit. We didn't really think of it as a "review" series, but more of a way to share the "oooooooh..... let's see what we got!" aspect followed by a goofy after scene. May not work out in the end (but we're walking away with a lot of minis for sure!) Regarding the completist point, we do have a lot of series 17 to hit, but we wanted to jump to series 18 as soon as we got those. The thinking was that ultimately, we'll start really mixing it up, so each episode might be some completely different series. Out of curiosity, (sorry if this is a dumb question) what is a "CMF"?

Thanks again for the feedback y'all :)

20 minutes ago, minifigminute said:

We didn't really think of it as a "review" series, but more of a way to share the "oooooooh..... let's see what we got!" aspect followed by a goofy after scene.

In that case, they probably shouldn't go here at all. I don't think anyone really cares about hauls or what I got type videos. If there is some brick animation type stuff in the videos, then have a single thread in the "flicks" section.

23 minutes ago, minifigminute said:

Out of curiosity, (sorry if this is a dumb question) what is a "CMF"?

Collectable MiniFigure.

@minifigminute Please don't post "package opening" videos in Brick Flicks & Comics. That's not really what it is for. Video Reviews are fine in the proper forum for  the set, but just a "look what I got" video is not something that people are interested about here. We have various "what did you buy today" thread for each forum and you can post in those topics what you got, but you should contact the moderator of the individual forum to ask about an unboxing video. Eurobricks is not a platform for click-bait to your YouTube channel.

Thank you.