Sign in to follow this  
q_159

MOC: Empire State Building 1:400

Hi there,

last year I presented my Willis Tower here. Today I want to show you my newest MOC

[image]

Name: Empire State Building
Scale: 1:400
Height: 110cm + 3cm pedestal
Bricks: 17.000 (from which about the half are 1x1 trans-black plates and bricks)
Planning time: 2 months
Building time: 1 month

In the meantime I adapted the Willis Tower in scale from 1:410 to 1:400, so they fit together now :)

[image]

ESB - Looking up

[image]

ESB - Close Up W34th St. & 5th Ave

[image]

ESB - Looking up

[image]

ESB - Close Up Skydeck

Bigger photos, more photos, Work-in-Progress-Shots, ... are in my Flickr Album.

I hope you like my newest tower sm01.gif

If you want to see it in person, it is visible from now on to May 25th in Kaiserslautern, Germany (Dinopark). Then it will be on Comic Con Stuttgart on the first weekend of July. I hope to see you there :)

kind regards,
Sebastian

Edited by q_159
added "MOC" to title

Looks great, and the addition of "King Kong" on top is a nice touch!  That's also for sharing some of those WIP shots.  The pics against the sky sell it really well, too.  Great build!

20 hours ago, deraven said:

Looks great, and the addition of "King Kong" on top is a nice touch!  That's also for sharing some of those WIP shots.  The pics against the sky sell it really well, too.  Great build!

Thank you :-)

Absolutely amazing! Its so realistic its jaw-dropping. Thanks for linking to your Sears Tower build as well as somehow I missed seeing that. Incredible work converting these massive structures into a workable and super realistic looking scale for Lego. Truly masterful builds.

Wooooow! . q_159 I can not do anything else than to agree with the previous posters. Your other builds looks fantastic too.

Has anyone seen my jaw, I might have dropped it somewhere.

On 18.5.2018 at 6:50 PM, koalayummies said:

Absolutely amazing! Its so realistic its jaw-dropping. Thanks for linking to your Sears Tower build as well as somehow I missed seeing that. Incredible work converting these massive structures into a workable and super realistic looking scale for Lego. Truly masterful builds.

Thank you for your kind words :classic:

Making it look realistic was the major goal. It's the reason I do those "looking up" photos as you were standing right next to the original tower

On 19.5.2018 at 6:55 AM, Shiva said:

Wooooow! . q_159 I can not do anything else than to agree with the previous posters. Your other builds looks fantastic too.

Has anyone seen my jaw, I might have dropped it somewhere.

Thank you very much :classic: