Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR-FB1] Hydrological Harvesting

Type: Large Factory

Argentia, while mostly dry and baron, was home to a small lake on the north side of the Island. Today, Agnes and Mordo hiked out to the far reaches, where a new factory had been set up.

27270259407_3355234e03_z.jpgHydrological Harvesting by North White, on Flickr

A large crane helped unload the railcar, next to the side of the factory.

42094435472_3c07f9e707_z.jpgHydrological Harvesting by North White, on Flickr

The factory had a hand cranked Brickimedes screw to pump water into the factory. 

28268718008_c166ef3e0c_z.jpgHydrological Harvesting by North White, on Flickr

Inside, the water was boiled and put into bottles, fresh from the bottle factory down the road. 

27270260237_572c0a7206_z.jpgHydrological Harvesting by North White, on Flickr

And so, the WTC continued to make money by exploiting the world's resources. 

FIN

So, I'm back after a long hiatus, involving finals, mono, organizing, and cleaning. Hope you enjoyed this factory, and the continued efforts of the WTC to become your overlords  be productive members of the Brick Seas. :classic: 

Great build Mesabi and good to have the other half of our WTC overlords you back! :snicker:  Nicely detailed MOC and good job on the terrain!

Edited by LM71Blackbird

Lovely addition to Mesabi Landing both in terms of build and story!

The vegetation near the lake seems to be a bit stronger than in other areas of Argentia, which is a nice touch. The scenery is well built, I like the crane and especially the pump. The factories front is also nicely detailed!

Overall a really good build, well done! :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Inside, the water was boiled and put into bottles, fresh from the bottle factory down the road.

Do you mean the one down the road in Jameston? :tongue:

We need one in Mesabi Landing, just saying...

Nice build! Glad you're back, I can empathise with your exam situation.

For some reason the WTC always have a box of explosives around? Perhaps to quickly destroy the factory and any completely legal evidence?

2 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

For some reason the WTC always have a box of explosives around?

It is for fishing. Obviously. :pir-grin:

On 5/15/2018 at 11:07 PM, LM71Blackbird said:

Great build Mesabi and good to have the other half of our WTC overlords you back! :snicker:  Nicely detailed MOC and good job on the terrain!

Thanks Blackbird!

On 5/16/2018 at 1:31 AM, Drunknok said:

Lovely addition to Mesabi Landing both in terms of build and story!

The vegetation near the lake seems to be a bit stronger than in other areas of Argentia, which is a nice touch. The scenery is well built, I like the crane and especially the pump. The factories front is also nicely detailed!

Thanks Drunknok! I had the building built in my dorm back in college, and it was sitting on my desk for about a month. It was nice to have a bit more greenery on Argentia for once.

On 5/16/2018 at 1:31 AM, Drunknok said:

Do you mean the one down the road in Jameston? :tongue:

We need one in Mesabi Landing, just saying...

gah! My Bad. I totally forgot that the bottle factory was a part of Jameston, not Mesabi Landing. Guess I'll have to build one in Mesabi Landing :classic:

On 5/16/2018 at 2:35 AM, Spud The Viking said:

Nice build! Glad you're back, I can empathise with your exam situation.

For some reason the WTC always have a box of explosives around? Perhaps to quickly destroy the factory and any completely legal evidence?

Well, At least my undergraduate is done. On to Law School where things are even harder! :pir-grin:

As to the explosives... better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it! :pir-laugh:

20 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I doubt that water would be safe to drink :look: :grin:

That's why I included a boiling stage. And besides, whats the worst thing that could happen other than Cholera, worms, and a stray fish in your bottle? :pir-laugh: