LM71Blackbird

[COR - FB] Timber Plantation, Quinnsville

Large Timber Plantation

28244184458_512dc23f4d_b.jpgQV9.1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

After spending quite a large amount of time in the Quinnsville public records building, Richard Brickford decided to plan a trip to a nearby lumber camp. After finding someone to take him there he was throughly amazed at how these minifigs could fell such large trees! While there he learned that the wood harvested here would go on to be processed further into wood that could be used for shipbuilding.

40309888480_da034a06be_c.jpgQV9.2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

It was a relatively small camp with only tents set up for the lumberjacks, but that is because they have to move as they cut their way through the forest.

28244184028_dbdae99b03_c.jpgQV9.3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Dear Governor Cooke,

Today I visited one of the lumber camps that provide the shipyards with their timbers. It was a marvelous experience watching the massive trees get felled by such small axes. The shipyards are very grateful for the steady supply of wood though. I will be visiting the docks before long, and will give you a status update of what their operating procedures are and the state of trading activity.

In service to her Majesty,

Richard Brickford,

Royal Surveyor of Quinnsville

So after a short hiatus from posting developments in Quinnsville, I'm back with a large timber plantation! This was pretty fun to build, but the terrain was not! C&C are welcome and appreciated and thanks for looking! More builds to come!

Edited by LM71Blackbird

My first reaction? "Wow!" :wub:

While it must have been hard to build, the resulting MOC is simply stunning. The overall scene looks like a real forest - the variety of trees and undergrowth is great, and the different coloured plates on the ground work wonders too. The workers camp fits in perfectly (the tent builds are nice, as is the campfire), the stack of wood is a great addition. And that falling tree... :thumbup:

A lovely build, and another great addition to Quinnsville!

9 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

A really nice one

great minifig posing... and well done for the falling tree

Thank you! Glad you like the tree!

5 hours ago, Drunknok said:

My first reaction? "Wow!" :wub:

While it must have been hard to build, the resulting MOC is simply stunning. The overall scene looks like a real forest - the variety of trees and undergrowth is great, and the different coloured plates on the ground work wonders too. The workers camp fits in perfectly (the tent builds are nice, as is the campfire), the stack of wood is a great addition. And that falling tree... :thumbup:

A lovely build, and another great addition to Quinnsville!

Thanks! The part that took the longest was all the different colored plates for the uneven terrain! The falling tree was something that I had to add to it! I'm glad it all turned out good though!

I love the whole scene! The greens work well and the textures.  The felling is a great addition.  Could you give a breakdown for me on the tents?

A really nice forest scene, the different tree types work well with contrasting heights and foliage and all the different greens blend well together. The tents are especially good as well. Nice work!

5 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I love the whole scene! The greens work well and the textures.  The felling is a great addition.  Could you give a breakdown for me on the tents?

Thanks! Here's a break down for you! Just let me know if not's broken down enough for you.

Spoiler

42242918422_1d4d815f17.jpgtent 1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

42242918692_b1cec47e28.jpgtent 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

A really nice forest scene, the different tree types work well with contrasting heights and foliage and all the different greens blend well together. The tents are especially good as well. Nice work!

Thank you! I'm glad it turned out, it was pretty tiresome to build up the terrain that way!