JoeChu1980

[MOC] simplified full crouching AT-RT Another try May.27.2019

Hey! There ya go, This one is great! It looks sturdy and provides lots of poses.  I really like the way you got all the bricks to stick together in the hood area. 

On 12/4/2018 at 6:04 PM, Reaper said:

This is looking great! I'm really looking forward to the final version!

Thanks for your always enjoying :) , I plan to put this in recently factions activity of this forum, would you take part in that activity as well?

On 12/4/2018 at 11:39 PM, Smitty500 said:

Hey! There ya go, This one is great! It looks sturdy and provides lots of poses.  I really like the way you got all the bricks to stick together in the hood area. 

Thanks for your comment, and actually, I enjoy your AT-RT MOC as well, captures the shape very well, especially for the legs. Would you like to exchange instruction with me?

Hum... eventually, after finish all these AT-RT, I realized, too much focused on the function and so call self-balance, I had... and the spirit of that feeling was misaligned... I once saw a fan name "Rob" on brickfanatics, he posted a MOC one year ago, and that one also be a good, which I duplicated in LDD as well.

44396040100_403c534414_c.jpg

LEGO_Star_Wars_AT-RT_MOC_complete5.jpg

Edited by JoeChu1980

3 hours ago, JoeChu1980 said:

Thanks for your always enjoying :) , I plan to put this in recently factions activity of this forum, would you take part in that activity as well?

Thanks for your comment, and actually, I enjoy your AT-RT MOC as well, captures the shape very well, especially for the legs. Would you like to exchange instruction with me?

Hum... eventually, after finish all these AT-RT, I realized, too much focused on the function and so call self-balance, I had... and the spirit of that feeling was misaligned... I once saw a fan name "Rob" on brickfanatics, he posted a MOC one year ago, and that one also be a good, which I duplicated in LDD as well.

LEGO_Star_Wars_AT-RT_MOC_complete5.jpg

I'm still really confused about factions, and from what I'm seeing it is mainly for MOCs, and tbh I've never tried building MOCs, mainly because I don't have that that much random bricks and I'm more of a set/MOC collector, although I am planning to attempt some MOCs in the future.

For the AT RT, I really liked your version, and would invest some to my collection. The one you just showed seems to have nicely done angles but I'm not a fan of the back of plates or the feet. How about this one I saw on rebrickable, it looks pretty nice for me.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-1354/vikingos/at-rt-501st/#photos

On 12/7/2018 at 6:19 PM, Reaper said:

... not a fan of the back of plates or the feet...

Hello there, I finished the combination of mine and above ref. hope you enjoy.

On 1/16/2019 at 8:07 AM, midgetman214 said:

By far the best AT-RT ive seen, have you made any instructions for it? I'd love to get some of these for my LAAT!

Thank you for asking, recently I'm dedicating my free time in Factions event, may do with the instructions later.

This is a great AT-RT. I just completed JBB_777's republic gunship and think your AT-RT could fit inside. If instructions are too time consuming, are you able to take a few photos of the build partially disassembled to get an idea of how it comes together? I think it should be small enough to recreate by visual inspection. Very much appreciated

16 hours ago, Chef said:

This is a great AT-RT. I just completed JBB_777's republic gunship and think your AT-RT could fit inside. If instructions are too time consuming, are you able to take a few photos of the build partially disassembled to get an idea of how it comes together? I think it should be small enough to recreate by visual inspection. Very much appreciated

I have JBB_777's gunship too, due to the small size of the back of the LAAT I doubt it could fit anything really fit in it though. You're welcomed to have a try, I'd be interested in the results.

@Reaper @Smitty500 @Voodoo713 @midgetman214 @Chef

Dear friends, thanks for your asking and waiting, the instruction per the latest design had been made and updated link in the top of 1st post. You are welcome to try and share your further improvements.

And to dear Chef, I would like to say, Reaper is correct, I tried to simulate JBB_777's design, the shape is wonderful, but cabinet capacity is pretty limited, especially the rear door open size not allow such AT-RT deploying. But I think you could just store it inside :)

So I designed my own gunship as [MOC] MF scale Clone Wars Republic Gunship

Edited by JoeChu1980

1 hour ago, JoeChu1980 said:

@Reaper @Smitty500 @Voodoo713 @midgetman214 @Chef

Dear friends, thanks for your asking and waiting, the instruction per the latest design had been made and updated link in the top of 1st post. You are welcome to try and share your further improvements.

And to dear Chef, I would like to say, Reaper is correct, I tried to simulate JBB_777's design, the shape is wonderful, but cabinet capacity is pretty limited, especially the rear door open size not allow such AT-RT deploying. But I think you could just store it inside :)

So I designed my own gunship as [MOC] MF scale Clone Wars Republic Gunship

The instructions are great! Thanks for taking your time to make them :laugh:

I will definitly have a go at them in the future.

Edited by Reaper

These instructions are amazing, thanks for the effort! Yes I realized after that JBB_777's gunship only has a 4 stud wide rear opening. It'll be hard for any AT-RT to fit through there, but I hope yours can at least be stored inside.

I'm going to see if I can mod your build to get a minifig to stand on it, as I prefer not to take apart minifigs :p

1 hour ago, Chef said:

... to get a minifig to stand on it...

you are welcome to unfold those spoiler hidden contents, several revision I tried before, and some of them are for sitting or standing, if you like, ref. then :)

@JoeChu1980 Glad you like my version! I really enjoyed following the progress of your version. There were some great ideas in it right at the beginning and you managed to improve on them with every update! I really like the feet on your version, they look closer to the Clone Wars version of the walker than the smaller ones on my model but judging by the figures you are using with the walkers that's exactly what you are going for! Keep up the great work!