Hello everyone,

I believe that it was @aminnich who asked what I would change on my old crop sprayer MOC had I built it as not a C-model. Well, several months later, here is the new Crop sprayer!

I changed several things. One, this uses independent suspension. 2, 4wd drivetrain. 3, 2 stage sprayer arms. 4, an actual hood. 5, TRACKS! Like the 42054 c model sprayer, this one has 2 power function operated by an M motor, lowering and opening the sprayer arms. Additionally, this model uses lots of system parts for detailing. Not like Mack-amount, but considerably more than anything I have built nonetheless. The arms are also huge. They stretch 1 meter from edge to edge. 

By the way, the old sprayer was based on the Amazon Pantera 4505. This is based on the Goldacres G8CT tracked variant. 

And of course, some more pictures:

2018-05-13-17-37-372018-05-13-17-48-182018-05-13-17-50-242018-05-13-17-42-24

That's all for today. I hope you enjoy the MOC. C&C is much appreciated!

BbBT

Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic

Oh, this is too cool! Great use of tracks; not sure I've seen a sprayer with them but it looks superb all the same, especially your take on the Claas Vista cab. Love it.

Cool model, much improved over the last. :thumbup: The tracks are a little unusual, but I have seen them before.

I was looking at the model, and I don't how much space there is inside, but it seems like you could make it RC...

10 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Oh, this is too cool! Great use of tracks; not sure I've seen a sprayer with them but it looks superb all the same, especially your take on the Claas Vista cab. Love it.

Thank you very much! The tracks were used because of the scale f the model. I actually did a prototype bogie with the bigger tracks, but it was totally out of proportion. Glad you like it!

8 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

Interesting use of tracks!! Good job on this MOC. 

Thank you!

8 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Nice work, seen these a couple times.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Cool model, much improved over the last. :thumbup: The tracks are a little unusual, but I have seen them before.

I was looking at the model, and I don't how much space there is inside, but it seems like you could make it RC...

Thanks, I'm glad you see the improvement. I understand why you would see the tracks as unusual, however, they were used for the reason outlined higher in this post. The original prototype was RC (i.e there is room) but when driving the tracks would slip off the bogies within a couple of seconds, which led to me scrapping that idea.

I love it!  It is nice to see you building something that has no Claas green on it :laugh: 

Keep up the great work!

Edited by aminnich

12 hours ago, aminnich said:

I love it!  It is nice to see you building something that has no Claas green on it :laugh: 

Keep up the great work!

Thank you! I think Claas green will take a break for now... it's time for grey and yellow :classic:

Cool MOC of a fascinating vehicle. I looked up the pictures of the « original » Goldacres and was striken by the large white wheels in the tracks. Out of curiosity, have you tried reproducing this?

6 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

Cool MOC of a fascinating vehicle. I looked up the pictures of the « original » Goldacres and was striken by the large white wheels in the tracks. Out of curiosity, have you tried reproducing this?

Thank you! I did take a look at reproducing those. To fit the scale, I thought 6x6 dishes would be optimal, but that's a somewhat minor detail being added, at the sacrifice of the working drivetrain. So in the end, I decided against reproducing those.40t gears were also an option, however ground clearance was the next element to go, since I have a limited number of tracks.

Thanks! Your answer also explains the ground clearance question. I think it is a bit low compared to the original, but now I understand why. I’m looking forward to your next creations ...

10 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Thank you! I did take a look at reproducing those. To fit the scale, I thought 6x6 dishes would be optimal, but that's a somewhat minor detail being added, at the sacrifice of the working drivetrain. So in the end, I decided against reproducing those.40t gears were also an option, however ground clearance was the next element to go, since I have a limited number of tracks.

also you can make bigger gears with older turntables like this :wink:

3 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Cool! Out of scale though :wink:

Sorry :sad: but thanks for compliment :classic:

Edited by I_Igor

Hi BrickbyBrickTechnic

we absolutley love this model! Could we start a conversation about us using it on the LEGO Technic Social Media channels? Please email us at socialmedia@lego.com!

Regards,

Pieter and the LEGO Technic team