Fabulous, I ordered that grey hood piece yesterday to improve my Ideas set - looking at this has inspired me further. Love it. 

Great!  Definitely the best I've seen at this scale.  Nice job on the different versions, and fitting in the essential interior details as well.  NPU on those blade pieces for the windshield pillars, too!  :sweet:

What's the cable over the front wheel arch? We're debating it elsewhere. So far - Chewed flex tube, non-purist twisty tie, lighting wire...?

7 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

That's outstanding! Best minifig scale DeLorean I've seen so far.

I most heartily agree, as I particularly dig the usage of those blade pieces framing the edges of the windshield!

Outstanding DeLorean @PriorMarcus:thumbup: :smug:

13 hours ago, jp-30 said:

What's the cable over the front wheel arch? We're debating it elsewhere. So far - Chewed flex tube, non-purist twisty tie, lighting wire...?

It's a non-purist jewlery wire I'm afraid. I did debate taking it off for the photos but decided to keep it included. The model just doesn't look complete, to my eyes, without it. 

Out of interest, where is it you've been debating it? @jp-30

Edited by PriorMarcus

Awesome!

How does the wheels's mecanism work for the ep II version ?

12 hours ago, PriorMarcus said:

It's a non-purist jewlery wire I'm afraid. I did debate taking it off for the photos but decided to keep it included. The model just doesn't look complete, to my eyes, without it. 

Out of interest, where is it you've been debating it? @jp-30

New Zealand Lego Fandom facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/547588398957356/permalink/567556036960592/

nice work. unfortunately like lego one this doesn't have a windscreen too ;)

Edited by MOMAtteo79

Do the hinge doors still open with the blade pieces so close to the side mirror 1 x 1 slope?

Also there might be potential to improve the angles on the back with a 1x 2 hinge brick and a 4 x 2 wedge plate left/right in black and then some red 1 x 1 tiles on top as the original time machine had like 3 capacitors in that rear window.
The exhausts as well, maybe try this:
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=30603#T=C
with some slope grills

EDIT: Do the minifigs still fit in there? Seems you have shrunk the ceiling between windscreen and back to 3 studs long (some other MOCs have 4 there and that long slope that holds the door penetrates quite a bit into where the seats would be.

Edited by CorporalDwayneBricks
more questions about build

4 hours ago, CorporalDwayneBricks said:

Do the hinge doors still open with the blade pieces so close to the side mirror 1 x 1 slope?

Also there might be potential to improve the angles on the back with a 1x 2 hinge brick and a 4 x 2 wedge plate left/right in black and then some red 1 x 1 tiles on top as the original time machine had like 3 capacitors in that rear window.
The exhausts as well, maybe try this:
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=30603#T=C
with some slope grills

EDIT: Do the minifigs still fit in there? Seems you have shrunk the ceiling between windscreen and back to 3 studs long (some other MOCs have 4 there and that long slope that holds the door penetrates quite a bit into where the seats would be.

The doors do still open, yep. Sometimes the blade piece will be pushed up out of place if your not careful but that's easy enough to fix. 

Minifigs do fit inside, yes. I'll have to take a couple of extra pics to show that off. 

I did think about using that piece to add some detail to the exhaust, as it's something other builders have done, but after examing the film and replica models there's actually very little texture of them. 

I'll have to look into your suggestion for the red capacitors. 

This is the best Back to the Future Delorean MOC I have ever seen! You need to post this on lego ideas. It is so much more accurate than the official lego one. I would love to see a parts list and instructions for this amazing model. :D