Norton74

[MOC] B-59 | Blacktron Armoured Personnel Carrier

Blacktron is back!

Hello from Italy! Tonight I share my latest build: a big, bad and totally black armoured personnel carrier.
It's based on U-59 Explosive Truck from Joe 90, a 1960s British science-fiction television series created by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson (the same producers of U.F.O.
It's called B-59 where B stands for Blacktron, in fact this six-wheel APC is the new and lethal groud vehicle of Blacktron. The little ATV on the right is based on the Amphicat, a six-wheel-drive, skid steer amphibious all-terrain vehicle manufactured in the '60s by Mobility Unlimited Inc. of Auburn Hills, Michigan. The Amphicat was also used by Moonbase Alpha personnel in the television series Space: 1999.

40207607310_4281c40b96_b.jpg

Back view and tank entrance.

41970283642_4cbf45c409_b.jpg

The interior with many details.

28141922908_df76d7a36c_b.jpg

This time thanks - to a friend of mine who is a pro-filmmaker - I produced a presentation video of the B-59. Below on YT.

I hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by!

B-59 on flickr.

On 5/12/2018 at 10:59 PM, bricksboy said:

Wow..the model and video are cool!

On 5/12/2018 at 11:40 PM, Space Police XVIII said:

Nice, I really like that drivers' cabin arrangement.  The little 6x6 is also neat.

On 5/13/2018 at 12:51 AM, LM71Blackbird said:

This is really cool and I want one! Fantastic looking model! Keep up the great work!

I'm terribly sorry about my delay in replying :blush: Thank you all for your kind words, I'm very glad you like the B-59!