Bob

Imperial Officers Mafia - Conclusion

On 5/12/2018 at 4:07 PM, mostlytechnic said:

Oh, jluck - was the not voting day 1 and overall posting very little (at least compared to what I remember of old games with you) deliberate? It gave me a town read on you from the beginning because I assumed a scum wouldn't dare to get vote penalties and be SO absent at the beginning. I assumed it was because you were town and had real life interferring with playing. 

Um, the not able to confirm his claims thing just made it even more possible that he was scum. It opened up more possibilities that he was scum, since they could have tracked/blocked people and come up with more possible "safe" lies that way, since any consideration of him being scum had to include him being godfather, and therefore could NOT have been blocking on night 1 

Funny you ask that. I’d been noticing when I was town I tended to write off disengaged players since scum have more to play for. I didn’t go into this game with that mindset, but once I realized my real-world commitments would limit me, I embraced it. I even tried to hint at the thought that inactives are not usually scum. 

Bob, as always thanks!

1 hour ago, jluck said:

Funny you ask that. I’d been noticing when I was town I tended to write off disengaged players since scum have more to play for. I didn’t go into this game with that mindset, but once I realized my real-world commitments would limit me, I embraced it. I even tried to hint at the thought that inactives are not usually scum. 

Bob, as always thanks!

Clever strategy. 

Typically that's how most seem to go but from now on I think people will be a bit more vigilant.

On 5/13/2018 at 12:39 AM, mediumsnowman said:

I know she was protected, so the kill would fail, but why wouldn’t the watcher see jluck targeting her?

I figured that jluck was targeted as dead by that point, so the action would've failed already doubly, but perhaps that is an oversight by me. In Peanuts' result message I put that he saw Sandy target herself only. 

On 5/12/2018 at 3:53 PM, Forresto said:

Between Thrawn and Ozzel I'm realizing I need to trust my gut more in these games.

I'll make sure to be extra scummy next time I'm town >:)

Feedback Time: 
tarkin.jpg
Grand Moff Tarkin - Played by: LegoMonorailFan

Feedback: You gave up a bit too early while you were defending yourself. You were a vanilla town in the early game, so I suppose it’s not much of a loss particularly when you reveal a scum. It’s a shame the investigator didn’t come to your aid, but more on that later. Sign up for the sequel! Tarkin survived, technically. Reprise your role!
thrawn.jpg
Grand Admiral Thrawn - Played by: mediumsnowman

Feedback: You played very well on Day Four, never giving up. It was a very tough position to be put in, the entire scum team wiped out by day four. You had the investigator on your side for awhile, but that didn’t change anything. Great job! Come back for the sequel! You just can’t be Thrawn!
isard.jpg
Director Isard - Played by: Kintobor

Feedback: Unfortunately you were metagamed, but I hope you signup for the sequel whenever that may be! You just can’t be Isard, as she’s dead. 
piett.jpg
Admiral Piett - Played by: Sandy

Feedback: Welcome back to mafia! I’m glad you weren’t metagamed on Night One, but I suppose it’s because most of the players never played with you. You did an excellent job bringing the town together. Come back and play Piett in the sequel! 
motti.jpg
Admiral Motti - Played by: mostlytechnic

Feedback: You were very solidly town this time. If I were in the game I would’ve called you out on it. Well done though! Motti needs to be in the sequel, so make sure you sign up! 
daala.jpg
Admiral Daala - Played by: Rider Raider

Feedback: I’m glad Tarkin/LMF wasn’t killed at night, because then you would’ve killed yourself the next morning as you were the lover character. I hope you sign up for the sequel so you can reprise the role of Daala! 
ozzel.jpg
Admiral Ozzel - Played by: Actor Builder

Feedback: I’m really sorry I screwed you over Day Two again. Claiming vig was a really ballsy move at the end of the day. I don’t know if fhomess would’ve killed you that night or not. If he said earlier in the thread I missed it, but perhaps he can say so/repeat it. If I let you live it would’ve been brilliant if you were targeted by fhomess and Lady K tracked you. Good on you for keeping up a defense all Day Two but sadly you were a bit metagamed I think. Unfortunately Ozzel can’t be in the sequel, but I hope you will be!
yularen.jpg
Admiral Yularen - Played by: KotZ

Feedback: You played solidly town most of the game, I’d say. Unfortunately since I haven’t played in like a year and a half or more I can’t remember your town game, but you were very middle of the road, which is good for vanilla. Hope you come back to reprise your character!
veers.jpg
General Veers - Played by: fhomess

Feedback: One of the best vigilantes in recent history I’d say. I think you were a huge factor in winning this for the town. I don’t remember which of my games you referred to in which you said you were a bad vig, but I’d say you’ve made up for it! Definitely come back and be Veers again. 
shelby.jpg
Admiral Shelby - Played by: Forresto

Feedback: I think you might’ve been the fifth member of the scum team! I’m only kidding, but the entire game, at least the early part a lot of the town suspected you heavily, and if I remember right you didn’t vote for mediumsnowman on the last day, but that could just be my bad memory. Must’ve been because you turned up late, but I hope you come back and be Shelby again! 
greer.jpg
Admiral Greer - Played by: Tariq j 

Feedback: Excellent work surviving until the end as Mace Windu! You were investigated on Night Two but the investigator elected to do nothing with that information until Day Four. Glad people didn’t suspect anything considering you had his light-up head from the 2005 CTT! Unfortunately Greer won’t be in the sequel, but you’ll have to come back and play a disguised Yoda. Just kidding, but please come back for the sequel! 
dellus.jpg
Colonel Dellus - Played by: LegoRacer1

Feedback: Oh no...I think this was your first time as investigator. I was very disappointed that you let LMF get lynched on Day Three even though you investigated him as town. I know it’s difficult for an investigator to reach out to a townie to start a block, but usually the investigator doesn’t stumble on The Godfather. You did with mediumsnowman, and defended him at first, but reversed course. All in all, good for your second game (I believe) but your investigator skills need some work. But please come back and reprise Dellus in the sequel! 
needa.jpg
Captain Needa - Played by: Khscarymovie4

Feedback: Great job as the blocker! Solid town work as well. Glad you connected up with Sandy to work up a plan with her. Come back to play Needa before he gets choked by Vader in ESB! 
komec.jpg
Captain Komec - Played by: jluck

Feedback: I was genuinely surprised when fhomess targeted you. You were doing a really good job flying under the radar, appearing as an apathetic townie. If I was in the game, I wouldn’t have suspected anything, but as you know from Party Lines Mafia and others, my scumdar needs serious work. You can’t be Komec again, but you can definitely be someone else in the sequel!
fenton.jpg
Captain Fenton - Played by: Peanuts

Feedback: Great job as the watcher! I don’t think I’ve included a watcher in my games for awhile. I’ve included some fun roles in previous games, like the “puncher” that def played in Main Street Mafia and the Tree Stump that someone played in Excalibur 2 Mafia (I forget who, I think Scouts) Play Fenton again in the sequel! 
jellico.jpg
Captain Jellico - Played by: Lady K

Feedback: Solid scum work! A little surprised that you were killed Night Two, but only slightly surprised. I know you were suspected even as far back as Day One, but I thought you had cleared it up. Unfortunately fhomess’ scumdar was excellent this game. Come back for the sequel! 

Fun fact: Shelby and Jellico are both Star Trek TNG characters. Shelby is the commander from The Best of Both Worlds, and Jellico is the Captain that takes over the Enterprise when Picard is captured by Cardassians. 

Not sure where Komec, Fenton, Dellus, and Greer came from. 

The sequel will come if nobody hosts a game in the next couple of weeks or so. Or after someone hosts a game!

Looking forward to the sequel! I'll definitely be onboard if the time permits. :classic: 

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll be on the lookout for the next game. :sweet:.....  and the game after that.....and the one after that.......

Thanks, Bob, for providing feedback on all of us. I know it takes a bit of extra work but it really helps us all get a sense of where we can improve.  I'm not sure if I would've killed AB or not had the lynch been nullified.  Most likely I would have, and I wouldn't have expected a scum tracker.  That likely would've gotten me killed Night 3.

Thanks for the feedback, Bob! I'll definitely be around for the sequel, unless something major gets in the way.

47 minutes ago, fhomess said:

Thanks, Bob, for providing feedback on all of us. I know it takes a bit of extra work but it really helps us all get a sense of where we can improve.  I'm not sure if I would've killed AB or not had the lynch been nullified.  Most likely I would have, and I wouldn't have expected a scum tracker.  That likely would've gotten me killed Night 3.

But the scum team had already tracked you on night one and learned you did nothing, so I doubt they would have tracked you again, right? But it would have given Lady K another day to live, and maybe claim tracker. I thought that was a pretty good idea, I wonder how the day would have played out if the lynch had settled on Lady K and teh scum team had gone through with the tracker claim plan.

11 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

But the scum team had already tracked you on night one and learned you did nothing, so I doubt they would have tracked you again, right? But it would have given Lady K another day to live, and maybe claim tracker. I thought that was a pretty good idea, I wonder how the day would have played out if the lynch had settled on Lady K and teh scum team had gone through with the tracker claim plan.

Ah yes... I was thinking Watcher... where they'd watch AB and learn that I targeted him.

Hilariously any sequel would feature the same sets/locations. In the future when I’m reunited with my collection I’ll try my hand at a mystery again I think, even though it’s been years since I’ve hosted one. 

Thanks for the feedback Bob, definitely want to come back and play the next game! I remember the good ol’ light up figures... until the batteries wore down :grin:

6 hours ago, Peanuts said:

Thanks for the feedback, Bob! I'll definitely be around for the sequel, unless something major gets in the way.

Actually I was blocked night one.  My plan was definitely to claim tracker if the lynch had turned my way.  Then I would use the truth that I was blocked on my night one action hoping the blocker would then be convinced of my townie role.  Alas, my suspected scumminess got me taken out.

1 hour ago, Lady K said:

Actually I was blocked night one.  My plan was definitely to claim tracker if the lynch had turned my way.  Then I would use the truth that I was blocked on my night one action hoping the blocker would then be convinced of my townie role.  Alas, my suspected scumminess got me taken out.

It's been mentioned before in other games, but you always come across scummy, even when you're town. At least to me.

Thanks for the feedback Bob! Also thank you for the fantastic game. I am definitely down for any sequel, I was also unaware that Needa was a real character in Star Wars tell your feedback.

8 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Thanks for the feedback Bob! Also thank you for the fantastic game. I am definitely down for any sequel, I was also unaware that Needa was a real character in Star Wars tell your feedback.

He’s the guy in ESB that gets choked by Vader for losing the Aluminum Falcon, so your character doesn’t have the brightest future. 

Absolutely would be down to reprise Shelby! 

Who else would lead the Imperial charge against the Borg? (I could have sworn she was also later a smarmy Admiral in DS9 but apparently not, weird. Maybe there was another Blonde haired Woman who was an Admiral in DS9?) 

Very fun game though thanks for hosting Bob!

Edited by Forresto