Garmadon

[TSotEP] 10 - Calm Seas (with Monsters in them...)

40413932022_767a54870d_c.jpg

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9

Episode 10 - you are here.

Well, despite the Corries' optimism throughout the "light breeze" they had gone through, by the time it was over everyone was force to admit the obvious fact - they were entirely lost.  The good news was that it didn't make much of a difference, because the waters had become so calm and the wind mostly died out, so they were hardly going anywhere anyways, so they had plenty of time to think up a plan and find out where they were.

Sea%20Monsters%20%281%29.JPG

After a while, though, the calm started to weigh down the spirits of the whole crew.  They were, in short, in the dumps, the blues, and the doldrums all in one.

Suddenly, an eye appeared out of the blue, the dumps, and the doldrums (sorry, just the blue...)

Sea%20Monsters%20%282%29.JPG

Everyone was a bit startled, and the Major jumped up into the rigging and insisted on staying there until the thing was gone.

Sea%20Monsters%20%284%29.JPG

And by the way, if you happen to be wondering about the hole in the sail, that was what happened when Sergeant Salt had fired his pistol through the sail in the excess of his delight in episode nine.  But I digress...

Colonel Greybeard: Dash me buttons, now what is this?!  Have you ever seen anything like it?

Before anyone could say anything, though, the sea erupted, with eyes and tentacles everywhere.

Sea%20Monsters%20%283%29.JPG

One of the monster's many tentacles grabbed onto a private's musket.  Everything was tense silence for a moment as nobody moved a muscle...

Sea%20Monsters%20%288%29.JPG

(Except for Lieutenant Stick, who had grabbed the boom for dear life as soon as the first tentacle appeared, and didn't make another motion throughout the whole ordeal - except that his teeth were chattering violently the whole time, though he would never admit it afterwards.)

Sea%20Monsters%20%287%29.JPG

Suddenly Ensign Silvers, who had been smiling the whole time, leapt up and took the musket from the private.

Sea%20Monsters%20%2811%29.JPG

With a quick and surreptitious movement he swapped the musket for his umbrella in half a split second, and the tentacle, apparently happy with its gains, took the umbrella and returned to the sea.

Sea%20Monsters%20%2812%29.JPG

Everyone cheered as the monster returned to the deep, and Colonel Greybeard instantly decided to promote the Ensign to a captain then and there.  

Sea%20Monsters%20%2813%29.JPG

In the excitement nobody had noticed that the Major's horse had disappeared, but the Major mourned for it for three days afterwards...

To be continued...

Another build from me for this storyline before I hand it back over the Captain B next week.  If the pictures aren't the greatest, well, I was still trying to figure out this camera here :laugh:  I think I've got it fairly mastered by now after a couple other photography sessions, though :grin:

Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome as always!

Cool continuation of the story, and a funny read once again! The horse is gone? Seems like the WTC is not alone in its appreciation of this type of delicacies. :pir-grin:

The "monster effect" is surprisingly impressive for so little parts used, well done. :thumbup:

Very humorous, love the hole in the sail and the disappearance of the horse too! :pir-laugh:

And nobody had noticed the missing horse .... Now the sea monsters are eating horesmeat as well .... 

Very good build and quite humorous story to match.  I will have to remember your hole for future cannon fodder.  Was it simply made with a cigarette?

On 5/12/2018 at 1:13 PM, Drunknok said:

Cool continuation of the story, and a funny read once again! The horse is gone? Seems like the WTC is not alone in its appreciation of this type of delicacies. :pir-grin:

The "monster effect" is surprisingly impressive for so little parts used, well done. :thumbup:

Yes, apparently not :grin:  I must admit that you guys' inspired that, :laugh:  Thank you!

On 5/12/2018 at 7:19 PM, Kai NRG said:

Very humorous, love the hole in the sail and the disappearance of the horse too! :pir-laugh:

Thanks Kai! :pir-classic:

On 5/13/2018 at 2:06 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

And nobody had noticed the missing horse .... Now the sea monsters are eating horesmeat as well .... 

Very good build and quite humorous story to match.  I will have to remember your hole for future cannon fodder.  Was it simply made with a cigarette?

:pir-grin: Thanks man!  Well, it was a match, but as a matter of fact, that just put the flame shaped burn there - I had to put it out before I got a hole in the sail lest the whole thing should go up in flames.  So then I just went and poked a hole through the middle of the burnt part :pir-laugh: