Image result for lego leicester square minifigure

The votes are counted and soon I'll be packing my bags to see the excellent vehicle for my adventure!

Congratulations @kritch, it has been decided that your vehicle is the finest for my journey. 

41778027101_02ce4bc0d5_b.jpg

If you kindly message Peppermint_M your address I shall travel to you forthwith!

Never fear other entrants. There are still hats to be handed over. @Sci-FiFleetAdmiral(2nd place), @Extrarius (3rd place), also @Dorino, @Space Police XVIII and @Bricknave (Joint 4th) you each have your choice of hat for your profile. Just let us know here in the thread which one you wish to have.

tag-tophat.png tag-tanhelm.png tag-jthat.png tag-bowler.png

Well done everyone and thank you for your many wonderful entries, it was certainly not an easy choice for anyone voting. Keep your eyes open for more adventures and contests here in Action and Adventure themes. tag-lester.png

Congratulations Kritch, the Black Crow was a great entry and a truly worthy winner! :thumbup:

Awesome contest Peppermint! Thank you so much for hosting this great competition! :thumbup:

I would like the pith helmet please. 

I loved participating in this, it was a blast, and I hope you do another contest like this one soon. :sweet:

Long live Johnny Thunder!

Well, that wasn't too surprising, was it? :wink: Congratulations to kritch (awesome work, man!) and the other winners, and thanks everyone for participating! Thanks Peppermint_M for hosting!

@Peppermint_M So, my doppelganger "Extrarius" won 3rd place? Nice one! :laugh: You're not the first moderator to get my name wrong, though. Ecclesiastes featured me on frontpage as "Exentrius". I also remember someone called me "Exeterius". I tried to get a personalized printed brick at LEGO World Utrecht last year, but they misspelled it as "Extetrius"... People, stop putting extra letters in my name! 

E-X-E-T-R-I-U-S ... and put it under my avatar please. :laugh:

Bravo Kritch! The Black Crow is quite the smashing automobile!

14 hours ago, Sci-FiFleetAdmiral said:

Long live Johnny Thunder!

I strongly second the notion, which is why I would very much like to have Johnny Thunder's Aussie hat (third in the row)!

Thank you Peppermint_M for hosting a contest fit for Adventurers on a Pharaoh's Quest! I hope there will be more to come, whether they involve jeeps, planes, or ancient ruins galore!

Thank you everyone who voted for me, I'm so happy :pir-sweet: 

Thank you Peppermint_M for running the competition, I don't usually build cars and it was fun challenge to try something new.

and well done to everyone else who collected a fancy hat,

Here's to more Johnny Thunder (and Achu) themed competitions

3 hours ago, kritch said:

Thank you everyone who voted for me, I'm so happy :pir-sweet: 

Thank you Peppermint_M for running the competition, I don't usually build cars and it was fun challenge to try something new.

and well done to everyone else who collected a fancy hat,

Here's to more Johnny Thunder (and Achu) themed competitions

Lester is pretty pleased to be travelling in that nice car.

I want to thank everyone who participated, who voted and who just came and took a browse at all the MOCs members have been posting. I absolutely love those who embraced the story aspect and added their own little bit of flavour to their entry text. 

Not only does it make me happy to see builds in my favourite theme, it reminds me that people do value this little subforum and that the work I put in is appreciated.

So, Thank You All. 

Keep an eye out for more contests in the future. 

Congratulations to winners! And big thank You to all people who voted for me :)

It was first contest for me and it was very exciting watching new entries, comments, and finally watching voting topic. 

There's one question to participants (and not only) from me. I noticed that some of You posted Your entries very close to ending. Was it because it took You that much time? Was it because You were "watching carefully" to measure level of "rivals"? Or maybe that's how its usually here on Eurobricks? At some point i was even worried that there wouldn't be enough entries. Just wondering

Thanks again! Great contest!

Edited by Dorino

19 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

I absolutely love those who embraced the story aspect and added their own little bit of flavour to their entry text. 

I'm tempted to do more builds revolving around Lester, Johnny Thunder and OC Samuel Eon now. :classic:

4 hours ago, Dorino said:

I noticed that some of You posted Your entries very close to ending. Was it because it took You that much time? Was it because You were "watching carefully" to measure level of "rivals"? Or maybe that's how its usually here on Eurobricks?

Although I think it's mostly due to procrastination, I'm sure there is a clear advantage in revealing them late. You will be more fresh in the memory and topic index once voting begins. And, as you have said, you have a more clear idea of the level of your rivals.

Top-notch entries that are posted early can be an incentive to up the ante even further, creating a more interesting competition, but might also have the opposite effect if the quality displayed is completely out of reach of other's capabilities.

What I wonder about: how much does good photography influence voting? Can you objectively appreciate a model regardless of how it's presented?

11 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

Although I think it's mostly due to procrastination, I'm sure there is a clear advantage in revealing them late. You will be more fresh in the memory and topic index once voting begins. And, as you have said, you have a more clear idea of the level of your rivals.

Yes, that's what i was thinking. Topics of last few entries were still active even around voting time, ill keep that in mind next time i take part in contest :classic:

14 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

What I wonder about: how much does good photography influence voting? Can you objectively appreciate a model regardless of how it's presented?

It reminded me another thing! Being new to contests, i completely focused on doing just the vehicle, i later realised that I could have included little diorama, add some action, some flavour text to it. 

These are the things i learned from this contest, thanks for answers @Exetrius :classic:

8 hours ago, Exetrius said:

I'm tempted to do more builds revolving around Lester, Johnny Thunder and OC Samuel Eon now.

Oh please do!

I want to start an Adventurer's club and the more the merrier yes?

Congratulations to all the winners, and great job to everyone who participated - there were lots of fantastic entries! Seeing all of them really makes me want to try my hand at some Adventurer builds now.

A big thanks to @Peppermint_M for running this contest too, I wish I could have participated, but unfortunately, I didn't have the time. Hopefully next time though!