Didumos69

[MOC] Greyhound 4WD RC Buggy /w instructions - Improved rim-hub connection

1 hour ago, Didumos69 said:

In the end I think the Greyhound comes into full bloom on a bumpy surface where it can maintain high speed, where it tilts in turns and where you can see the suspension in full action. The name Greyhound is actually quite apt.

Exactly, it perfect moves when even one wheel has a firm grip. Great model, too bad that don't have 4 L-motors (so far)!

5 hours ago, technic_addict said:

How are instructions coming alongĀ :grin:

3 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

@technic_addictĀ I was thinking the same thing!

:blush: sorry to disappoint you guys. I have been occupied with the release of the Bugatti and its new parts the past few weeks, as you may have noticed. I still have the goal to finish instructions before summer holidays, which is in 4 weeks.

On 6/26/2018 at 11:01 AM, Didumos69 said:

I don't mind at all. Please show us the end result when you're finished!

First Test ...Ā :wink:

42440603774_70fb721f89_n.jpgDSC_0391-01 by Tilo Endler, auf Flickr

Edited by metulskie8

Hello. It is connected to the test both. I am afraid that it may be too heavy overall. I also had to extend the stern with a stud. Now the front must be added and the interior. I will probably omit the powered fake engine.

6 hours ago, metulskie8 said:

Hello. It is connected to the test both. I am afraid that it may be too heavy overall. I also had to extend the stern with a stud. Now the front must be added and the interior. I will probably omit the powered fake engine.

I have some fear about the weight too, but skipping the fake engine will help. Looking forward to seeing it driveĀ :thumbup:

Another week, another update :laugh:

Now Greyhound can crawl over some serious obstacles thanks to planetary gear reduction inside wheels!

I try to make some photo review with all changes I make, and share it with you, guys, as soon as possible. :sweet:

Hi, I've been heavily inspired with your creation (especially usage of triangles) and wanted to make something more compact, lightweight and extremely fast. So I did. Generally mechanically it's all the same but in smaller version with 2 rc buggy motors (rwd)Ā and single buwizz.

(It still need a bodywork improvement because it was built during two evenings).

20180706_232944.jpg

22 hours ago, SilenWin said:

Now Greyhound can crawl over some serious obstaclesļ»æ thanks to planetary gear reduction inside wheels!

Cool! I'm looking forward to seeing how you did that. I might even try it myself.

8 hours ago, Ctan said:

Hi, I've been heavily inspired with your creation (especiallyļ»æ usage of triangles) and wanted to make something more compact, lightweight and extremelyļ»æ fast. So I did. Generally mechanically it's all the same but in smaller version with 2ļ»æ rc buggy motors (rwd)Ā and single buwizz.

Nice buggy! I'm glad to have provided some inspiration. I think my next RC model will be small too.

This is such an amazing creation. Iā€™m not good with lxf so worked extra hard and think managdĀ to get 80% of the total design, but not the finesse particularly the internal parts. In any case, I needed to build it twice to get an acceptable outcome. On both occasions, 4 Lego L motors the first time and 2 buggy motors rear only this 2nd time, power cuts off after short runs. 2 buwizz on each model, both same problem, using IOS Buwizz app (digger)Ā for controlling the 2 Buwizz units. Keen to continue wit Buwizz app if possible. Any advice/help you or anyone can offer? Thanks very much!

Edited by yeoda
Spelling errors

This is for sure one of the most impressiv MOC's I have seen.

I checks my Part Stock and found 80%, so I have started to build :wink:

But I found it very difficult to build from the LDD File, is there a Instruction available ?

Ā 

regrads, Stefan

On 7/9/2018 at 2:03 PM, yeoda said:

On both occasions, 4 Lego L motors the first time and 2 buggy motors rear only this 2nd time, power cuts off after short runs. 2 buwizz on each model, both same problem, using IOS Buwizz app (digger)Ā for controlling the 2 Buwizz units. Keen to continue wit Buwizz app if possible. Any advice/help you or anyone can offer? Thanks very much!

I abandoned the IOS BuWizz app, because it disconnects all the time. For me it works fine with Android BuWizz app on my phone, but only on first connection. On a second connection it takes many attempts to connect to both BuWizz's, so I power off the BuWizz's instead to setup a 'first' connection again. If this doesn't help you, you could try asking in the dedicated BuWizz thread.

On 8/23/2018 at 3:06 AM, Doomer said:

Really impressive build~!

Will build it~!

On 8/25/2018 at 12:30 PM, Belair58 said:

This is for sure one of the most impressiv MOC's I have seen.

Thanks!

On 8/25/2018 at 12:30 PM, Belair58 said:

But I found it very difficult to build from the LDD File, is there a Instruction available ?

I was hoping to find time for making photo instructions before the holiday season, but I didn't. During the summer I'm too much occupied with other things, like camping with my family and cycling in the mountains. I sure will be making instructions, but probably not before the 1st of October.

I wonder if build this on regular lego BB instead of BuWizz - will buggy be quick and powerfull?

@Didumos69Hi again! Itā€™s been a while but you mentioned you might be making some instructions for this MOC maybe making them available in October. Is this still on the books for us. ThanksĀ 

On 5/11/2018 at 11:08 PM, Didumos69 said:

didļ»æ not have that problem sinceĀ I use the Brickcontroller app. It has a little lagļ»æ, which makes it slightly harder to control, but I'm really enjoying it now.ļ»æ

This is fantastic design! Thank you @Didumos69Ā 

Ā 

Iā€™ve search on internet but could not find this app, would you share a bit more information about it?

On 6/25/2018 at 12:15 PM, Ctan said:

Performanceļ»æ is pretty cool! It work well on single Sbrick (1ļ»æ1ļ»æ,8 V) - front ļ»æL's on single output with polarity switch, back L's and servoĀ each on separateĀ output. After an hour of very intensive playing voltageĀ drops to 10 V and performance was just ļ»æok. As far as I saw SilenWin's video my version is a bit faster and have more power. All in all build is totally awesļ»æļ»æome! Thanks again for sharing your hard work!ļ»æļ»æ

This looks awesome!Ā 

Ā 

@CtanĀ Would you please share your power supply configuration with SBrick? Iā€™m tired of Legoā€™s limitations and want to try new and more efficient (andĀ more cheap) solutions :)

On 8/27/2018 at 12:49 AM, Didumos69 said:

I was hoping to find time for making photo instructions beforeļ»æ the holiday season, but I didn't. During the summer I'm tļ»æoo much occupied with other things, like camping with my family and cycling in the mountains. I sure will be making inļ»æstructions, but probably not before the 1st of October.ļ»æļ»æ

and.. weā€™re still waiting for the photo-sequence instructions @Didumos69 ???

Edited by Mehmet T

Excellent, I really feel that this is as good as it gets in Lego technic of the current age.Ā 

Unfortunately nowhere near as good as proper RC models but we cannot get any further until lego releases any newer motors; or we makeĀ can illegal rc cars >:)

On 10/1/2018 at 10:42 PM, AFOLegofan66 said:

@Didumos69Hi again! Itā€™s been a while but you mentioned you might be making some instructions for this MOC maybe making them available in October. Is this still on the books for us. ThanksĀ 

On 10/3/2018 at 9:47 PM, Mehmet T said:

and.. weā€™re still waiting for the photo-sequence instructions @Didumos69 ???

Yes. I'm slowly waking up from my Summer break and this will be the first thing I will start working on.

On 10/3/2018 at 9:47 PM, Mehmet T said:

Iā€™ve search on internet but could not find this app, would you share a bit more information about it?

It's here.

On 10/5/2018 at 8:13 AM, MattL600 said:

Excellent, I really feel that this is as good as it gets in Lego technic of the current age.Ā 

Thanks!

Btw, Stud.io 2.0 makes very nice photorealistic renders :wink:.

800x450.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

Hello,Ā 

I am new in lego technic world and someone can tell me where i can find partlist to greyhound? It will facilitate building.Ā 

Thanks