Didumos69

[MOC] Greyhound 4WD RC Buggy /w instructions - Improved rim-hub connection

1 hour ago, technic_addict said:

should be done today a colour scheme I have not seen built yet.....I think.

You're making me curious, but if I remember correctly, something with yellow and black?

1 hour ago, technic_addict said:

Curious as to why you added an extra spring to each rear wheel?  Is there a benefit? Is it the look of the higher back end stance?  Can you provide additional pictures please?

I did it because it had a bit "saggy bottom " for my liking :sweet: will take some pics

Here is my version of your Greyhound.  I had to redesign in a few places to accommodate the yellow (or lack of) pieces.  It is just as solid so no worries there.  I just realized one of the mirrors is rotated out of position :blush:

Pics are not the best but I don't have time to do my normal set up.

I haven't driven it yet, but I am sure it will be awesome.  When the time is right, I will try and get a video of it with the Class 1 unlimited with buggy motors mod.

1280x960.jpg

1280x1112.jpg

2 hours ago, technic_addict said:

When the time is right, I will try and get a video of it with the Class 1 unlimited with buggy motors mod.

That would be really cool! Thanks for sharing the pictures, the yellow and black make a very nice color combo!

16 hours ago, technic_addict said:

Here is my version of your Greyhound.  I had to redesign in a few places to accommodate the yellow (or lack of) pieces.  It is just as solid so no worries there.  I just realized one of the mirrors is rotated out of position :blush:

Pics are not the best but I don't have time to do my normal set up.

I haven't driven it yet, but I am sure it will be awesome.  When the time is right, I will try and get a video of it with the Class 1 unlimited with buggy motors mod.

1280x960.jpg

1280x1112.jpg

tyres!!!!!! ;)

Is there any chance that this magnificent vehicle can be built in Lime and Dark Blue combination without swapping too many pieces? I tried changing colors in stud.io but several of them are not available in those colors, and I don't know how will changing them affect the overall rigidity.

Edited by pagicence

4 hours ago, Polo-Freak said:

My Version :sweet:

Looks lowered, angry and blacked :thumbup::laugh:

On 2/22/2019 at 6:45 PM, gregorski904 said:

what about now 

46453784244_f7b16ac40b.jpg

I've seen quite some people building this model without pulling the inner race tire trick, for instance when they use third party tires. However, without the inner race tires, the wheels get very sloppy, while this model was intended to bring sloppyness to an absolute minimum. Or, in cases like @gregorski904, people used the Porsche rims to avoid sloppyness, but also that does not seem ideal. So I did a little more research in attaching the 15038 rims to the large turntables. I found a robust solution which works without the inner tire and which does not rely on the outer tire to fill the gap between the rim and the turntable. With this new approach the rim already sits tight against the turntable. This new approach is also form-locked, where the previous solution was friction-locked.

I will update the instructions in the near future and will provide mod-instructions for people that want to incorporate this in an existing build. For early adopters here is the Stud.io-file and here is a photo sequence showing how the wheel hubs can be built.

800x450.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

On 2/14/2019 at 2:00 AM, BusterHaus said:

I hope that guy gets something very nasty at some point...:damn:

Obviously no one gets a share of those sales, that guy is selling mixed Lego/Lepin packs and reselling paid instructions. I managed to have my things taken down a couple of months ago by contacting the provider but it's there again, this time with generic images so I have no proof for the take down request. Sorry @Didumos69 for the off topic.

41 minutes ago, kbalage said:

I hope that guy gets something very nasty at some point...:damn:

Obviously no one gets a share of those sales, that guy is selling mixed Lego/Lepin packs and reselling paid instructions. I managed to have my things taken down a couple of months ago by contacting the provider but it's there again, this time with generic images so I have no proof for the take down request. Sorry @Didumos69 for the off topic.

Members who have their IP stolen should come together and hire a lawyer on their behalf to send an official complaint and to have everything removed.  It may work it may not, but TLG has won some cases of infringement.

Edited by technic_addict

On 3/13/2019 at 10:26 AM, Didumos69 said:

I will update the instructions in the near future and will provide mod-instructions for people that want to incorporate this in an existing build.

I updated the Rebrickable entries for the white / blue version and the orange version with the improved rim-hub connection. I added a yellow bush as a quiet memory of the yellow 3L lever in the wheel cover. It felt so naked without it :wink:.

960x540.jpg960x540.jpg

960x540.jpg960x540.jpg

I also made mod-instructions for existing builds. This is what goes in...

960x540.jpg

and this is what comes out...

960x540.jpg

I finally found the time and managed to complete this magnificent car. It's truly a masterpiece and I enjoyed building it. I went for a black/red colour scheme and the improved rims.

Greyhound_1.jpg 

Greyhound_2.jpg

Edited by Woodstock89
Added images from URL

On 3/28/2019 at 3:37 AM, Woodstock89 said:

I finally found the time and managed to complete this magnificent car. It's truly a masterpiece and I enjoyed building it. I went for a black/red colour scheme and the improved rims.

Cool color scheme! Very nice to see how you followed the original exactly, without compromises :wink:. And I'm happy to see someone implementing the new rims :thumbup:.

Edited by Didumos69

Thanks, it was a very rewarding build! I am only wondering about the purpose of two axle pin connectors attached to the seats. Do they serve any purpose or are they just residuals of previous designs/versions?

Screenshot%202019-04-01%20at%2000.42.54.

5 hours ago, Woodstock89 said:

I am only wondering about the purpose of two axle pin connectors attached to the seats. Do they serve any purpose or are they just residuals of previous designs/versions?

Good question. When I carry the model around, I usually grab it by the side to lift it. When I do that, I somehow always put my thumb behind this 5L liftarm in the side (the lumbar support) of the seat, which would then easily detach. I reckoned others would have the same issue, so I added these blue pins just to prevent the lumbar supports from coming loose.