It was a bright day in Proud Pontelli. There were no signs of warning as to the dramatic events to follow.

800x1200.jpg

Asma April, Pontelli's self-appointed Mayor, was taking a stroll while talking to Colonel Brickinson.

800x600.jpg

Asma: Colonel, tell me about the situation in my, erm, in our city.

Brickinson: The mood is not very good at this point in time, Ma'am.

640x963.jpg

Asma:  My mood is great. No reason for anyone to feel bad.

Brickinson: Well, the economy is not doing well, Ma'am. 
   The ban on pets has led to a small increase in our fur production but that was not sustainable. 
   With all of the cats absent, the mice population increased beyond imagination. The rodents have plundered our flour supplies.
   Bread prices have risen ridiculously. People are hungry.
   Many merchants are staying away from Pontelli now.
   And the army is not happy too.

Asma: I have increased our army. Again no reason to feel unhappy.

Brickinson: Well, the soldiers have not been paid. Look at the sourly faces of your personal guards, if you want proof.

800x1247.jpg

Asma: They should feel honoured to serve me. What is mere payment against this honour?

Brickinson: In any case, Pontelli's treasury is empty. We cannot invest in anything anymore. I hate to break it to you but we are broke,

Asma: Luckily, my modest Mayor muneration has allowed me to keep a few coins.

640x333.jpg

Asma: So, Brickinson, you are bringing no good news?

Brickinson: I am sorry, Ma'am.

640x1053.jpg

Asma: Well, you better should be.  
   I can see it now.
   This is your fault.
   You have been plotting against me.

Brickinson: I beg your pardon (notices something on the ground)

640x842.jpg

Asma (thinking): He is standing right next to the cliffside. Just a little push to get rid of my enemy - forever!

(raising her arms she starts to run towards Brickinson)

800x1247.jpg

Then things happen very fast. 

Brickinson bows to pick up what he has seen on the ground. 

640x601.jpg

... and Asma April stumbles over him... and her impulse catapults her over the side of the cliff!

640x1158.jpg

THUD

Brickinson looks up again, wondering what has just happened... the others stand shocked.

640x675.jpg

They go to the side to look...

800x1495.jpg

And then they realize that it is over.

640x584.jpg

Suddenly there is hope again in Pontelli.

In Free Pontelli.

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
Flickr references removed

Wonderful build and very amusing story! I shall be happy to see Pontelli out of the grasp of that witch! I love the brickbuild background, but the highlight is certainly the very well-executed and dramatic perspective of the tall cliffsides you have managed with the boat and soldiers at the bottom! Excellent!

Great custom torsos too!

Great story, and I'm very glad that Pontelli is rid of Asma! I love the forced perspective of the soldiers and ship at the bottom of the cliff, and great work with the expressions on the soldiers' faces at different stages of the story. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Professor Thaum said:

I now see how Eslandola makes money

Yes, apparently we grow it in the high hills. :pir-grin:

Ahahahahahaha!  Excellent build and hilarious story! At first I thought Asma would have it her way but then the unexpected happened. What an unfortunate turn of events on her behalf :grin:

What a hilarious story, and with a great build to go with it! The forced perspective is brilliantly done indeed. Well done! :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Suddenly there is hope again in Pontelli.

But is it? How can you tell she did not survive? :devil:

2 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

I now see how Eslandola makes money :thumbup:

By selling the organs of "accidental victims" on the black market? :pir-oh:

37 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

I'm very glad that Pontelli is rid of Asma!

Boo! She had such a charming character. I am sure she would have had a great future in the WTC. And maybe the story is not over...

2 hours ago, Drunknok said:

By selling the organs of "accidental victims" on the black market? :pir-oh:

plunk the mayor down the cliff, to recover her loot

3 hours ago, Drunknok said:
4 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I'm very glad that Pontelli is rid of Asma!

Boo! She had such a charming character. I am sure she would have had a great future in the WTC. And maybe the story is not over...

I said nothing of Asma's demise, but simply that I was glad Pontelli is rid of her. :wink:   I agree that it would be fun to see if her story continues. She does have a certain WTC quality to her. :pir-grin:

What an interesting turn of events. A nice build, but I keep coming back to those soldiers - top notch sticker/mod work!

Is it just me or was Asma a Minnie Driver look-alike.

So much to love. Nice scene and humourous story. Great use of the CMF flower. And those minis down at the beach, both the two soldiers as well as the palm tree, are marvellous. :-) 

On 10.5.2018 at 11:39 AM, Bregir said:

Wonderful build and very amusing story! I shall be happy to see Pontelli out of the grasp of that witch! I love the brickbuild background, but the highlight is certainly the very well-executed and dramatic perspective of the tall cliffsides you have managed with the boat and soldiers at the bottom! Excellent!

Great custom torsos too!

:sweet: Thanks. 

On 10.5.2018 at 2:05 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Lol ,excellent story and very clever built !!

:pir-sweet: Thank you.

On 10.5.2018 at 4:00 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Great story, and I'm very glad that Pontelli is rid of Asma! I love the forced perspective of the soldiers and ship at the bottom of the cliff, and great work with the expressions on the soldiers' faces at different stages of the story. :thumbup:

And I agree :pir_laugh2:

There have been some comments about Asma's money. Maybe it was not expressed clearly enough: Asma has robbed Pontelli of all their money.

That was what she called her "modest Mayor muneration". This should read "remuneration" but I wanted to have the alliteration. :pir-grin:

On 10.5.2018 at 4:35 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Ahahahahahaha!  Excellent build and hilarious story! At first I thought Asma would have it her way but then the unexpected happened. What an unfortunate turn of events on her behalf :grin:

Well, I don't feel too sorry...

On 10.5.2018 at 4:42 PM, Drunknok said:

What a hilarious story, and with a great build to go with it! The forced perspective is brilliantly done indeed. Well done! :thumbup:

But is it? How can you tell she did not survive? :devil:

I did not want to play this out too much, but on the picture towards the end you see a black speck on the beach which is bloody red underneath.

But let's see what will happen next in Pontelli :pir-grin:

On 10.5.2018 at 11:45 PM, Kwatchi said:

What an interesting turn of events. A nice build, but I keep coming back to those soldiers - top notch sticker/mod work!

Is it just me or was Asma a Minnie Driver look-alike.

Thanks. The custom torsos are actually printed. Worked out pretty good :pir-sweet:

I do not know what or who Minnie Driver is so any similarity is unintended.

On 14.5.2018 at 7:01 AM, Elostirion said:

So much to love. Nice scene and humourous story. Great use of the CMF flower. And those minis down at the beach, both the two soldiers as well as the palm tree, are marvellous. :-) 

Thanks.  

It is almost like Monty Python's "Well, tonight we take a look at some famous deaths..." :pir-laugh:

1 hour ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I did not want to play this out too much, but on the picture towards the end you see a black speck on the beach which is bloody red underneath.

I actually did not see the red under her "body", great detail! That pretty much settles it...

On 18.5.2018 at 8:38 PM, Drunknok said:

I actually did not see the red under her "body", great detail! That pretty much settles it...

Yepp :pir-grin: