Bob

Imperial Officers Mafia - Day Four

5 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

I’ll implore you to change your vote to Needa one last time. There’s still time to turn it around. It’s genius what he’s done - by counterclaiming and pretending not to care about surviving he’s bought himself an extra night to do whatever nefarious things he wants - including convert, as a worse case scenario. I’m town, the investigator told you so - I simply can’t be the Godfather. It doesn’t line up with the blocks and supposed kills I was stopped from performing. Lynch Needa and end this game now. Use your heads! Doesn’t something about this feel off? 

What feels off is how adamant you are about not getting lynched. Either you or Needa is lying. We have a nice numbers advantage, so that's the resource the town needs to use. Therefore, we lynch/kill both of you and be done with it. I see no way to prove which of you is lying, Therefore, I frankly don't care which is scum and which is loyal. Just eliminate both and then town probably wins tonight. 

You keep saying that you CAN'T be godfather because of block and kills. That's not true, sorry. Check this and see if there's any flaw in this scenario. You (Thrawn) as godfather. Lying about the blocks, which we can't prove you ever did. (possibly rolecopped/watched us to know it was safe claims) Komec and the others had the kills, which only one succeeded due to protection. Or the scum have conversion instead of kills. See? It's possible. 

Is that the most likely? not sure. That's a lot of ifs. It's also possible that Needa is the liar. But again, who cares? Just off with both yours heads and let Vader sort it out. :) 

If we're wrong, what's the worst case? If the scum only have kill ability, none. If the scum have both block and kill (either 2 scum left or 1 scum with both, which would be unusual), then they would have a CHANCE of blocking the vig, but then we would certainly lynch Needa tomorrow. 

If the scum have a convert, no problem since Needa dies. If they have convert AND block, they'd have a chance of blocking the vig and converting someone, but that's extremely slim. 

My biggest concern is how much you're concerned with saving yourself from lynch. Seems like that's more important than helping us win. And that's scummy. 

In case there are more scum and we don't win tonight I suspect Greer and Dellus the most. Though I find that a bit unlikely as 5 scum seems a little too high. This has been a fantastic town so far, best I have seen in a game yet. If there are more scum good luck tomorrow, if not then good job everybody. 

I’m adamant about surviving because if I die it means Needa gets to the night stage! We can’t risk letting him convert or whatever else he has up his scummy sleeve. All the evidence points to the fact that he’s lying, including the cop, and nobody cares! 

A big part of the case against me is the fact that Needa blocked me last night and there was no scum kill, right?

The problem is I was also investigated last night when I was supposed to be killing! If I were the Godfather, which I am not, wouldn’t the investigation have shown Dellus I was scum? 

The simplest explanation is the likely one, and that’s that the doctor stopped Komec from killing last night and Needa blocked me after I hinted at having a PR yesterday. Use your heads! Turn this around! We can’t let Needa get to the night stage. Vig kill me if you have to, but lynch Needa and end this game now. 

2 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

A big part of the case against me is the fact that Needa blocked me last night and there was no scum kill, right?

The problem is I was also investigated last night when I was supposed to be killing! If I were the Godfather, which I am not, wouldn’t the investigation have shown Dellus I was scum?

I'm pretty sure Godfathers didn't lose the passive ability in the past when they got the kill. Also, it is not unheard of that  the Godfather has the ability to convert. I think it's unusual in other mafia sites undercover operations, but it is standard procedure on Eurobricks in the Imperial Officer Academy, so it's likely the traitors would have a converting Godfather. That would explain why you would be so bent on surviving until the night, maybe you failed to use your conversion ability until now.

1 hour ago, mediumsnowman said:

I’m adamant about surviving because if I die it means Needa gets to the night stage! We can’t risk letting him convert or whatever else he has up his scummy sleeve. All the evidence points to the fact that he’s lying, including the cop, and nobody cares! 

Really? Because at this start of this day you didn’t think the night stage made much difference, it was only until people stared voting for you did you think it was suspicious.

22 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

If he’s town lynch me tomorrow. If I’m the last scum what difference will one extra night make? 

1 hour ago, mediumsnowman said:

The Godfather can show up as town or loyal.

2 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

The simplest explanation is the likely one, and that’s that the doctor stopped Komec from killing last night and Needa blocked me after I hinted at having a PR yesterday. Use your heads! Turn this around! We can’t let Needa get to the night stage. Vig kill me if you have to, but lynch Needa and end this game now. 

We do care.  That's why everyone is suggesting we also have the vig kill Needa.

I think the lack of a scum kill on an night you were blocked is a reasonable basis.  I think your efforts to keep Jellico and Ozzel from getting lynched on Day 2 are also reasonable basis.  I think the amount of desperation you're displaying is also reasonable basis.  The fact is, you're coming across as though your back is against the wall, not as someone who's approaching this from a position of strength.  With the casualties so far, I think we have some leeway to make a mistake here.

Your argument about showing up as scum if you were killing while the Godfather is mooted by the fact that you were blocked.  Even if the Godfather loses the passive ability when killing, you weren't killing.  I'm sorry if that's what you were supposed to be doing...

In prior games I've been in the situation of having my back to the corner about to be lynched, and was town the entire time and in that game we lost. 

That's my justifiction for voting Needa because I believe Dellus might be telling the truth. If he were lying it would do little but delay the inevitable end of the Mafia. 

On the other hand think about it this way, if Thrawn is scum then don't we by extension assume Dellus is as well?

That means we won't tonight.

I don't understand how this idea of a godfather came about. 

Do we have evidence thats even in play?

Look either way both Needa and Thrawn die today, with the day closing I just wanted to get that last bit out in case I don't survive the night.

3 minutes ago, Forresto said:

In prior games I've been in the situation of having my back to the corner about to be lynched, and was town the entire time and in that game we lost. 

That's my justifiction for voting Needa because I believe Dellus might be telling the truth. If he were lying it would do little but delay the inevitable end of the Mafia. 

On the other hand think about it this way, if Thrawn is scum then don't we by extension assume Dellus is as well?

That means we won't tonight.

All of what you've said is reasonable.

I'll say this, though... Dellus' approach to his role hasn't given me a lot of confidence in him.  The fact is, he withheld information on a known townie Day 3, but hasn't withheld it Day 4.  Heck... he even VOTED for Tarkin and tried to convince us Tarkin was tricking us.  What's different between Tarkin and Thrawn?  He also investigated a neutral and failed to share that info with the rest of us.  Tarkin didn't even seem to know he'd been investigated as town.  His claim that he didn't share about Tarkin because no one trusted him doesn't hold an ounce of water.  His claim came only after Piett said that he wasn't aware of a cop claim.

This is from the guy that investigated Tarkin as Town:

On 5/6/2018 at 2:25 PM, LegoRacer1 said:

I have sat back a bit to see what might happen. I did read through some of the past few days and Tarkin seems to have defended traitors. He was one he pushed for a no-vote on day 1, if I am not mistaken.

Vote: Grand Moff Tarkin (legomonorailfan)

And then in response to Motti about Tarkin:

On 5/6/2018 at 9:01 PM, LegoRacer1 said:

He could be trying to trick us. Also, I do not see your vote anywhere. Care to share why? There has to be someone you suspect, the only thing you have basically said is "not really sure Tarkin is a traditor" is different ways.

That's not a cop with a town result...

3 minutes ago, fhomess said:

All of what you've said is reasonable.

I'll say this, though... Dellus' approach to his role hasn't given me a lot of confidence in him.  The fact is, he withheld information on a known townie Day 3, but hasn't withheld it Day 4.  Heck... he even VOTED for Tarkin and tried to convince us Tarkin was tricking us.  What's different between Tarkin and Thrawn?  He also investigated a neutral and failed to share that info with the rest of us.  Tarkin didn't even seem to know he'd been investigated as town.  His claim that he didn't share about Tarkin because no one trusted him doesn't hold an ounce of water.  His claim came only after Piett said that he wasn't aware of a cop claim.

This is from the guy that investigated Tarkin as Town:

And then in response to Motti about Tarkin:

That's not a cop with a town result...

This is a good argument. When asked why he voted for Tarkin, Dellus had this to say:

12 hours ago, LegoRacer1 said:

Oh, sorry I missed that. This might sound odd but it was Tarkin. I dint want to say earlier because if he was Godfather I would be lynched right now, or dead for that matter. No one trusted me before, and if  I said he was town forget it.

Just saw this, and it makes sence.

Unvote:Captain Needa(Khscarymovie)

Vote:Grand Admiral Thrawn(mediumsnowman)

So he voted for someone he had a town result on because he was afraid to be lynched if that person was the Godfather. Whether he is town or scum, that's just not a helpful way to play. Townies should not suppress the truth because they are afraid to be lynched, that is what the scum is supposed to do.

On the other hand, why claim he investigated Tarkin if he's scum? He knows literally everyone other than Greer is town, so why pick the one he helped kill? I'm trying not to drink the WIFOM, but whether he is town or scum, I feel Dellus could have been more helpful to his team.

Could be inexperience. 

Could be malevolent. 

Either way we'll know tomorrow.

I don't think much else is going to happen today, the major players who chose to make claims have and there's no way Thrawn won't get lynched.

Unless we still want analyze what information we have.

I'm in no rush to end the day it just seems like most have made up their minds with little chance of change.

I’m sorry it has to come to this. Your minds are shut to seeing past what lies in front of you. I fought the good fight and put it all on the line, all in the service of our glorious Empire, and this is how my steadfast loyalty is rewarded.

I pray this madness ends with the death of Needa tonight. Beware the flying pumpkins and the death millers. 

I regret I have but one life to lay down for the good of the Empire and the Chiss Ascendency.

Thrawn out.

If you are loyal, it's been an honor.

If you are a traitor then we'll be sure to reunite you with any remaining rebel scum as quick as possible.

Vote Count:
Captain Needa / Khscarymovie4 - 2 (Forresto, mediumsnowman)
Grand Admiral Thrawn / mediumsnowman - 9 (Sandy, Peanuts, KotZ, Tariq j, Khscarymovie4, mostlytechnic, fhomess, Rider Raider, LegoRacer1)

The day has ended with the lynch of Grand Admiral Thrawn / mediumsnowman

img_0486.jpg

"You may lynch me, but you will never take my freedom!" the Chiss said.

Get those night actions in!