Bob

Imperial Officers Mafia - Day Four

officersbanner.png

Day Four: End is Coming

img_0480.jpg

Captain Komec / jluck starred out the window into the emptiness of space.

img_0481.jpg

A killer approached from behind with a large gun.

"I can hear your approach." the Captain said.

img_0482.jpg

"If you think you'll be able to kill me, you have another thing coming." he said.

img_0483.jpg

But the Captain was shot and killed anyway.

img_0484.jpg

"Grand Moff Tarkin / LegoMonorailFan was a Loyalist but Captain Komec / jluck was a Traitor! Keep up the mediocre work." 

~~~

List of Characters (11):
thrawn.jpg
Grand Admiral Thrawn - Played by: mediumsnowman
piett.jpg
Admiral Piett - Played by: Sandy
motti.jpg
Admiral Motti - Played by: mostlytechnic
daala.jpg
Admiral Daala - Played by: Rider Raider
yularen.jpg
Admiral Yularen - Played by: KotZ
veers.jpg
General Veers - Played by: fhomess
shelby.jpg
Admiral Shelby - Played by: Forresto
greer.jpg
Admiral Greer - Played by: Tariq j 
dellus.jpg
Colonel Dellus - Played by: LegoRacer1
needa.jpg
Captain Needa - Played by: Khscarymovie4
fenton.jpg
Captain Fenton - Played by: Peanuts

Gone but not forgotten:
isard.jpg
Director Isard - Played by: Kintobor (Loyalist)
ozzel.jpg
Admiral Ozzel - Played by: Actor Builder (Traitor)
jellico.jpg
Captain Jellico - Played by: Lady K (Traitor)
tarkin.jpg
Grand Moff Tarkin - Played by: LegoMonorailFan (Loyalist)
komec.jpg
Captain Komec - Played by: jluck (Traitor)

Reserves:

1) the imperial reporter

Rules:

1) Every player has received their own character. You are either a Loyalist or a Traitor. The town need to eliminate the scum and the scum need to outnumber the town. Any third party characters have their own win conditions. 

2) Every day you will be able to vote for a player. Voting should be done as so: Vote: Character (Player). Unvoting is to be done in the same fashion: Unvote: Character (Player). A majority vote is required to lynch a player. You must vote every day, or you'll receive some sort of devious punishment.

3) A game day will last 72 hours, but if a unanimous vote is acheived after the 48 hour mark and the day thread goes quiet, the day may end early to my discresion. You may not vote within the first 24 hours of the day. Once the day is over, you will have 24 hours to send in a night action if this applies to you. Nights will last at most 48 hours, but it usually won't and I'm just saying that so nobody faults me if I'm late. You may not talk about the game outside of the day thread.

4) The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5) You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6) You are encouraged to role-play in this game. I've provided a role for you to expand upon if you wish. With that being said, please try not to post out of character in the game thread. You may PM other players, but do so at your own risk.

7) If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances.

8) Don't edit your posts.

9) You must post in every day thread.

10) Try to be nice to your fellow players. It's a game on a LEGO forum.

11) Violation of your first rule will result in a 5-vote penalty and your second violation will result in your death!

I think as Lord Vader suggest we are getting closer. Again only one kill, and a assumed third party kill at that. Interesting to note. More thoughts soon. 

1 minute ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

I think as Lord Vader suggest we are getting closer. Again only one kill, and a assumed third party kill at that. Interesting to note. More thoughts soon. 

Wait, are we sure it's third-party and not the vig? If it's the vig, great job. So, let's guess one more scum, right, based off of percentages in past games?

Glad to see our vigilante once again showed great judgement! A shame we didn't do the same regarding the Grand Moff yesterday, but it is what it is. That leaves Grand Admiral Thrawn as top suspect.

4 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

I wonder why you assume that? It was a Scout Tropper yesterday and today, and yesterday everyone believed it was the vig. I don't see what's changed, considering they killed another traitor.

It's interesting that according to the holotapes, Captain Komec said "You have another thing coming" to the would-be killer. I wonder what it means, but without further information, I suppose it's pointless to speculate.

Either way, three traitors down and only two loyal Officers. Has there ever been a situation like this where we were going so strong on Day 4?

Excellent work to the Vig! It’s a shame about Tarkin, but looking back at his lynch, there a couple of votes that do stand out as sheepish, 

On 06/05/2018 at 10:25 PM, LegoRacer1 said:

I have sat back a bit to see what might happen. I did read through some of the past few days and Tarkin seems to have defended traitors. He was one he pushed for a no-vote on day 1, if I am not mistaken.

Vote: Grand Moff Tarkin (legomonorailfan)

Here Dellus decides to sit back and see what happens, he gives not concrete reasoning for voting for Tarkin other than saying what others had said before him.

On 06/05/2018 at 11:22 PM, Rider Raider said:

The speed on which we’ve come to a decision about the lynch worries me. I also find Tarkin the most suspicious, so I will Vote: Grand Moff Tarkin (legomonorailfan), but I feel like coming to a conclusion this early is robbing us of discussion.

This one really confuses me, Daala claims to be worried about the speed at which the lynch has formed yet he decides to vote anyway, and then says again the lynch is a bad idea, but chooses to keep his vote, plus he also gave no evidence for voting for Tarkin. 

Wow.  Another great night!  Too bad Tarkin was a loyalist.  I think we need to be careful about getting complacent despite our early successes.  I still have Thrawn at the top of my list, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was someone else who has so far eluded out focus.  I'll have to see if there's anything noteworthy we can pin on Komec, but he didn't contribute a ton.

Wow. 

Unfortunate about Tarkin, never felt convinced enough of his supposed scumminess to vote for him and I was right.

Komec is a bit of a shock. Will have to go through the last few days and see if he's said anything suspicious.

What a wild turn of events these past two nights have been.

Shame about Tarkin. The way he latched onto my uninformed defense of Ozzel seemed really scummy. 

Who I assume is our vig is on a roll - Komec was completely under my radar, I had him pegged for vanilla town. 

Since I obviously don’t want to lynch myself, if nobody comes up with any concrete information, I think Dellus or Fenton would be our best options for today.

3 hours ago, KotZ said:

Wait, are we sure it's third-party and not the vig? If it's the vig, great job. So, let's guess one more scum, right, based off of percentages in past games?

3 hours ago, Peanuts said:

Glad to see our vigilante once again showed great judgement! A shame we didn't do the same regarding the Grand Moff yesterday, but it is what it is. That leaves Grand Admiral Thrawn as top suspect.

I wonder why you assume that? It was a Scout Tropper yesterday and today, and yesterday everyone believed it was the vig. I don't see what's changed, considering they killed another traitor.

It's interesting that according to the holotapes, Captain Komec said "You have another thing coming" to the would-be killer. I wonder what it means, but without further information, I suppose it's pointless to speculate.

Either way, three traitors down and only two loyal Officers. Has there ever been a situation like this where we were going so strong on Day 4?

Mistake on my part, I usually consider any non scum killer a third party. Seems more likely a vig though. 

On 4/28/2018 at 1:39 PM, Bob said:

Vote Count:
Admiral Daala/Rider Raider - 1 (Lady K)
Grand Moff Tarkin/LegoMonorailFan - 2 (KotZ, LegoRacer1)
Captain Fenton/Peanuts - 2 (LegoMonorailFan, Khscarymovie4)
Colonel Dellus/LegoRacer - 3 (Forresto, Actor Builder, Tariq j)
Admiral Shelby/Forresto - 3 (Peanuts, mediumsnowman, Sandy)
Admiral Piett/Sandy - 2 (Kintobor, Rider Raider)
Admiral Yularen/KotZ - 1 (fhomess)
Admiral Komec/jluck - 6 (mostlytechnic, penalty)

Day One ends with a no-lynch! Please get your night actions to me as soon as possible! A day conclusion will be up shortly. 

On 5/3/2018 at 3:14 PM, Bob said:

Final Vote Count:
Admiral Ozzel/Actor Builder - 8 (mostlytechnic, KotZ, Forresto, jluck, Sandy, Tariq j, Peanuts, fhomess)
Admiral Piett/Sandy - 4 (LegoMonorailFan, Rider Raider, Lady K, mediumsnowman)
Admiral Daala/Rider Raider - 1 (Actor Builder)
Captain Jellico/Lady K - 1 (Khscarymovie4)
Colonel Dellus/LegoRacer1 - 5 (penalty)

The day has concluded with Admiral Ozzel / Actor Builder being lynched! A day conclusion will be up shortly! 

On 5/8/2018 at 12:02 PM, Bob said:

Vote Count: 
Grand Moff Tarkin / LegoMonorailFan - 7 (mediumsnowman, KotZ, Sandy, Peanuts, LegoRacer1, Tariq j, Rider Raider) 
Grand Admiral Thrawn / mediumsnowman - 3 (Khscarymovie4, Forresto, fhomess)
Admiral Shelby / Forresto - 1 (LegoMonorailFan)
Captain Fenton / Peanuts - 1 (jluck)
Colonel Dellus / LegoRacer1 - 1 (mostlytechnic)

The day has ended with the lynch of Grand Moff Tarkin / LegoMonorailFan! A day conclusion will be up shortly. Please get your night actions in! 

Here is the vote counts. Kormec joined in around middle of Ozzel lynch, I guess around then was when the scum thought Ozzel might be done for. Still pretty early. He voted for Fenton yesterday which makes me trust Fenton more today. Interesting to note he was not part of the lynch yesterday. Scum like to spread out votes so I would find it likely at least one voted in the Tarkin lynch. Thrawn still standing out for reasons said yesterday and he was part of the lynch mob. I suspect him the most.

3 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Like others, I disagree. At this point I am convinced there's no serial killer, and I doubt there's any 3rd party at all. Possibly some neutral-ish role like a survivor, but I sorta doubt it. 

35 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Wow. 

Unfortunate about Tarkin, never felt convinced enough of his supposed scumminess to vote for him and I was right.

Komec is a bit of a shock. Will have to go through the last few days and see if he's said anything suspicious.

What a wild turn of events these past two nights have been.

Komec was not very talkative, not like himself at all. I was suspecting he was vanilla town myself, and just not very engaged. Instead, he played a stealthy scum game and I'm glad the vig saw through it better than I did.

25 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Here is the vote counts. Kormec joined in around middle of Ozzel lynch, I guess around then was when the scum thought Ozzel might be done for. Still pretty early. He voted for Fenton yesterday which makes me trust Fenton more today. Interesting to note he was not part of the lynch yesterday. Scum like to spread out votes so I would find it likely at least one voted in the Tarkin lynch. Thrawn still standing out for reasons said yesterday and he was part of the lynch mob. I suspect him the most.

I think you're misinterpreting that - at the time Komec voted against Ozzel, Jellico had 5 votes on her. His vote was the 4th on Ozzel. I think it was an attempt to split the vote between them and (best case for scum) get another no-lynch. Or worst case, the traitors would have their votes spread between the two scummos and some would be able to brag about that later, whichever got lynched. 

Well, I’m just going to lay it all out on the table. My cryptic warning to the vig last night was because I am the Loyalist Blocker. 

I blocked Captain Fenton Night 1 on a hunch, mostly a stab in the dark. I blocked Admiral Motti Night 2 since I was pretty sure Ozzel was going to flip town. I attempted to block Captain Fenton again last night, but was unsuccessful. 

I am afraid my post worrying about gettin vigkilled clued the scum into my position as a PR and blocked me, which is why my action was unsuccessful. With apparently no scum kill last night they can then claim blocker and get me lynched, framing me as the scum killer. With likely 1 or maybe 2 scum left they must be getting desperate! 

Hopefully this blocking data helps us narrow down the last scum, and thrwart what I assume to be their nefarious plan to extend the game and get a town PR lynched by claiming first. 

1 hour ago, mediumsnowman said:

Well, I’m just going to lay it all out on the table. My cryptic warning to the vig last night was because I am the Loyalist Blocker. 

I blocked Captain Fenton Night 1 on a hunch, mostly a stab in the dark. I blocked Admiral Motti Night 2 since I was pretty sure Ozzel was going to flip town. I attempted to block Captain Fenton again last night, but was unsuccessful. 

I am afraid my post worrying about gettin vigkilled clued the scum into my position as a PR and blocked me, which is why my action was unsuccessful. With apparently no scum kill last night they can then claim blocker and get me lynched, framing me as the scum killer. With likely 1 or maybe 2 scum left they must be getting desperate! 

Hopefully this blocking data helps us narrow down the last scum, and thrwart what I assume to be their nefarious plan to extend the game and get a town PR lynched by claiming first. 

I think you did just help us catch a scum, yourself, unless there are two town blockers in this game. I am the loyalist town blocker. I blocked the late traitor Jellico on night 1 and was told I was successful, reason for that block was because he is an experienced officer and hard to read. Night 2 I blocked Piett, because her post about seeing what the day results in the morning struck me as scummy. This was also successful. Night 3 I blocked you, you were the most scummiest yesterday so it seemed logical, I was also successful. 

1 minute ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

I think you did just help us catch a scum, yourself, unless there are two town blockers in this game. I am the loyalist town blocker. I blocked the late traitor Jellico on night 1 and was told I was successful, reason for that block was because he is an experienced officer and hard to read. Night 2 I blocked Piett, because her post about seeing what the day results in the morning struck me as scummy. This was also successful. Night 3 I blocked you, you were the most scummiest yesterday so it seemed logical, I was also successful. 

Ding ding ding! Found the last scummo. You must be very desperate. Can we vote yet?

It all makes sense now. Needa has been sitting in the back all game and going with the flow - perfect place for scum to hide. He’s got to be very desperate now - desperate enough to counterclaim in the face of insurmountable odds. There was no scum kill last night because he was busy blocking me - perfect frame job. Except the scum didn’t anticipate me claiming first. Checkmate. Game over.

First of all, congratulations are in order towards the vigilante for ridding us of another scum! Not so much to celebrate with our voting yesterday, but we all knew the risks. It's my turn to offer an apology to our Grand Moff Tarkin, albeit posthumously.

Now, the case of the Two Blockers. I guessed something like this when I was informed that I was targeted by a blocker on Night 2. I later found out that it was indeed Needa. There was surprisingly no scum kill that night, although that could mean they got to convert someone.

It was I who indirectly instructed Needa to block Thrawn (although it was a logical choice anyway) to test his loyalty, and lo and behold - we have no scum kill.

So either Needa has been carefully slithering his way into the Town Block, or things are exactly as they seem and Thrawn is scum

The third option - that they're both town - is just absurd.

Well, I guess we've at least got something to talk about!

Thrawn: Fenton, Motti, Fenton

Needa: Jellico, Piett (confirmed), Thrawn (confirmed)

We had no scum kills on night 2 or 3.  Assuming for a moment that the scum killed Isard (or else we've got no scum kills at all)...

Thrawn, what was the reason that you chose to block Fenton a second time given the general consensus that Isard was a scum kill?

Needa, I assume you have a good explanation for why you didn't block Piett a second consecutive night.  Given that Piett isn't attacking you for it, I assume Piett is in agreement that was reasonable.

Do either of you have an explanation for the lack of a scum kill the past two nights?

3 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

Assuming you are town, I have a question: Why would you block me on night one? You said it's on a hunch, but you didn't express suspicion of me on Day One or Day Two. You followed me in voting for Admiral Shelby, and voiced suspicion of Motti, but it wasn't until Day 3, after the Ozzel lynch, that you became suspicious of me. So why block me and not Shelby or Motti?

1 hour ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

1 hour ago, mediumsnowman said:

Ding ding ding! Found the last scummo. You must be very desperate. Can we vote yet?

It all makes sense now. Needa has been sitting in the back all game and going with the flow - perfect place for scum to hide. He’s got to be very desperate now - desperate enough to counterclaim in the face of insurmountable odds. There was no scum kill last night because he was busy blocking me - perfect frame job. Except the scum didn’t anticipate me claiming first. Checkmate. Game over.

Thrawn's reply seems kind of desperate to me.

Seems like it's either Thrawn or Needa. Of the two, I'd rather lynch Thrawn, who has been the more suspicious one before. My grandmother always told me never to trust non-humans.

I don't like the prospect that the scum got to convert someone, as Piett suggested. I truly hope there's some other explanation.

As of right now my main suspicions lie with Thrawn, Needa, and due to his admitted  involvement Piett since this sudden information gives him a lpt of power topotentially manipulate the story, although I am less concerned by the latter.

I am not commited to either Thrawn or Needa yet. 

How many scum are left, just one? Or more? Do we have anyway of knowing? 

6 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

Komec was not very talkative, not like himself at all. I was suspecting he was vanilla town myself, and just not very engaged. Instead, he played a stealthy scum game and I'm glad the vig saw through it better than I did.

Upon review i'd agree, he played it well. If not for the vigilante suspecting and acting Komec likely would have eluded our grasp for some time with our attention more firmly on Thrawn and others now.

*To clarify. In my opinion Thrawn or Needa are the two current options for the lynch but I'm undecided as to which is scummy.

While I did hammer Thrawn yesterday towards the end I'm not so certain given new information.

7 minutes ago, Forresto said:

As of right now my main suspicions lie with Thrawn, Needa, and due to his admitted  involvement Piett since this sudden information gives him a lpt of power topotentially manipulate the story, although I am less concerned by the latter.

How many scum are left, just one? Or more? Do we have anyway of knowing? 

I was privately contacted by many people yesterday since my loyalty was pretty much proven by the traitors' voting pattern. So yes, I'm currently holding a lot of strings but I've also ensured that the info is not only in my hands only if I get killed or converted.

I haven't heard of an investigator yet. We might've lost one with Isard although she should've claimed to someone before the lynch if that was the case. Taking converting into consideration I would expect there to be one to three traitors left, but of course we have no way of knowing for sure.

8 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Upon review i'd agree, he played it well. If not for the vigilante suspecting and acting Komec likely would have eluded our grasp for some time with our attention more firmly on Thrawn and others now.

If it helps to confirm my honesty, I have been in contact with the vigilante and I knew they were going to target Komec before the night fell.

With my contacts I could've easily stopped the kill if I were scum, but because it happened we now have a solid town block going on. :wink:

6 minutes ago, Sandy said:

I was privately contacted by many people yesterday since my loyalty was pretty much proven by the traitors' voting pattern. So yes, I'm currently holding a lot of strings but I've also ensured that the info is not only in my hands only if I get killed or converted.

I haven't heard of an investigator yet. We might've lost one with Isard although she should've claimed to someone before the lynch if that was the case. Taking converting into consideration I would expect there to be one to three traitors left, but of course we have no way of knowing for sure.

I dont really suspect you that much, I just wanted to vocalize a healthy dose of cynicism. Your information may tip the balance of who gets lynched today and Komec's traitorous nature was rather unexpected.

Most evidence seems to point to your loyalty to the Empire so I consider you a low priority. 

Hopefully only one. The idea there could be three more traitors after three have been eliminated thus far is harrowing to the least. 

I suspected Thrawn yesterday too after he avoided voting for two scum, so I'm slightly inclined to sway towards him as scum.

2 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

This seems very desperate, and would a scum have a blocking and killing ability? I would imagine the kill is past down but it seems unlikely that he would have both.

2 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

This seems very desperate, and would a scum have a blocking and killing ability? I would imagine the kill is past down but it seems unlikely that he would have both.

It has happened before when scum get narrowed down to a few. The scum in these situations should be able to kill or convert every night despite their other abilities, otherwise it's not balanced. 

Not that I'm personally displeased by this situation, but I imagine the scum are getting desperate. :grin:

I’m leaning towards Needa being town and Thrawn being scum. Thrawn’s claim that the scum blocked him because he was a PR does not hold up, because Piett stated above that he indirectly told Needa to block Thrawn.

7 hours ago, fhomess said:

Well, I guess we've at least got something to talk about!

Thrawn: Fenton, Motti, Fenton

Needa: Jellico, Piett (confirmed), Thrawn (confirmed)

We had no scum kills on night 2 or 3.  Assuming for a moment that the scum killed Isard (or else we've got no scum kills at all)...

Thrawn, what was the reason that you chose to block Fenton a second time given the general consensus that Isard was a scum kill?

Needa, I assume you have a good explanation for why you didn't block Piett a second consecutive night.  Given that Piett isn't attacking you for it, I assume Piett is in agreement that was reasonable.

Do either of you have an explanation for the lack of a scum kill the past two nights?

Piett seemed townie to me as she went after the scum on day 2. I don't have an explanation for lack of scum night kills, could be the killers were killed during the night and there actions did not go in. 

For what it's worth.... (stating this as told to me, from the viewpoint that Thrawn is claiming town) Thrawn contacted me on day 3, since Ozzel flipping town made him assume I was townie. Said he'd blocked Fenton night 1 and me night 2, and told me he would block fenton again as we went into night 3. Told me day 4 he was blocked on that. So I can verify that he was stating this before announcing today. He asked me ahead of time about claiming publicly today, and I said sure, since there's likely only 1 or 2 scum left, so let's get some info out there and see what happens. 

First, I'm currently not assuming 2 scum left. Last night Komec could have had the scum kill ability and so Needa could be a scum blocker. So the scum having a block ability last night doesn't require there to STILL be 2 left. but there could be. 

Second, I'm not taking a side yet in the Thrawn/Needa battle. Both have possible tales at this point. So here's a thought - lynch one and have the vig take out the other. If there's only 1 scum left, we win. The only way it fails is if there's 2 scum left - in which case we've killed off a scum and lost the town blocker, but we're still ahead in numbers. Anyone see a flaw in my thinking here? I suppose if there's 2 scum left (or if the last scum gets to have kill AND block abilities, which would not be normal) they'd have a chance of blocking the vig, but it'd be slim. 

I'm gonna let the two conflicting tales percolate in the brain for a while.... 

Looking at voting history... (ignoring the mess of day 1 at this point)

Day 2, Thrawn voted for me, then Daala, then Piett. Needa voted for Daala and then put the 5th vote onto Jellico as that train was building. 

Day 3, Thrawn voted for Tarkin to start the day off and stayed there. Needa voted for Thrawn and stayed there. 

So would a theoretical scummy Needa vote for Jellico when there was a train building there? If they thought they could split the vote enough, it'd be a great move. But it also had the risk of lynching a teammate if the vote kept building. At that time, Komec hadn't voted yet and the other two known scum were voting for Daala, so splitting the vote up was still pretty doable. In fact, after Needa's vote, the next votes placed were Jellico voting Piett and then Komec voting Ozzel, which ended up building to his lynch. So I can buy the possibility of Needa being scum based on those voting patterns. But it also works if Needa was town. 

If I were scum, why would I stick my neck out by claiming first?

Lynch Needa today, and lynch me tomorrow if he flips town, which he won’t. I’m hesitant to offer myself up to the vig since I know I’m town, and if there’s another scum or heaven forbid a third party the block will be a very useful night action for the town to have. 

I blocked Fenton again Night 3 because his vote for Tarkin seemed very weak. I expressed this suspicion in PM to Admiral Motti - he can confirm that.