Raskolnikov

Constrictor II - Imperial Interdictor (w Instructions)

17 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

@PhoibAh, good catch! Yeah, you can just swap that jumper with the 1x2 tile next to it.

Yeah, I did that. One other small problem (I will search the exact page tomorrow) concerning to two vertical 1x6 tile under a 1x6 plate that doesn't fit (it's in the wall of the back chamber), but the major one... for the life of me I cannot attach the bottom panel, page 379. The technic pins are too strict, I can't move them at all within the short space.

2 hours ago, Phoib said:

Yeah, I did that. One other small problem (I will search the exact page tomorrow) concerning to two vertical 1x6 tile under a 1x6 plate that doesn't fit (it's in the wall of the back chamber), but the major one... for the life of me I cannot attach the bottom panel, page 379. The technic pins are too strict, I can't move them at all within the short space. 

If you find the tiles, let me know. I'll look as well. The Constrictor's been built a few times, but we're definitely interested in that kind of feedback.

On the bottom panels, I'm guessing you didn't start with the Aggressor? It's probably much more headache-inducing in that regard :) Either way, I'd just recommend giving it another go, using a screwdriver preferably. I don't have a video for the Constrictor panels, but the Aggressor bottom panel video may help illustrate how to use a screwdriver to push in those pins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roItWo6iRhk&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Raskolnikov

I assume he is referring to the pages 90 & 97 - step 13

the main problem for me was the connection of the large beams to the centerline with the dbg hinges - page 178

once I connected the beams I noticed that the front section of the model would actually bend down - the technic bricks wouldn`t line up perfectly on my build, so I moved the hinges little up front and shifted the parts around

20180805_120105-small.jpg

10 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

On the bottom panels, I'm guessing you didn't start with the Aggressor? It's probably much more headache-inducing in that regard :)

I actually laughed out loud when I read this.....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

18 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

If you find the tiles, let me know. I'll look as well. The Constrictor's been built a few times, but we're definitely interested in that kind of feedback.

On the bottom panels, I'm guessing you didn't start with the Aggressor? It's probably much more headache-inducing in that regard :) Either way, I'd just recommend giving it another go, using a screwdriver preferably. I don't have a video for the Constrictor panels, but the Aggressor bottom panel video may help illustrate how to use a screwdriver to push in those pins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roItWo6iRhk&feature=youtu.be

Thanks, that video helped enough. For the Constrictor, you need to build a small platform to have it rest on, I found 1 brick 2 plates construction high on the back of the bridge works. Note that for the Constrictor, the open ends should not point up, but 90 degrees to the side, otherwise the hinges of the upper panel are in the way. The main difficulty really is that you don't have space to see, there is too much detail of the superstructure in the way. 

I am already looking forward to the other half :tongue:

Other than that, fun build :classic:

10 hours ago, Kehtooni said:

I assume he is referring to the pages 90 & 97 - step 13

Correct, the 1x6 plate under the 1x6 tile just popped out for me. It also looks good without it.

@Phoib Awesome, hope you enjoyed it, and glad the video helped.

And yeah, it can be a bit tough to see the pins. I also don't actually turn the Constrictor vertical to attach the bottom panels, I just hold them under the ship. The main takeaway from the vid is just that it helps a lot to carefully orient the pins, then use some kind of tool. The Aggressor goes vertical for panel attachment because the larger panels flex so much when held horizontally, making it really hard to push in the pins (although at least one builder did it horizontally using pillows for bracing, if I remember correctly).

@Kehtooni I'll check on pages 90 and 97, but it's looking as intended to me. It's normal for there to be a bit of resistance fitting those walls into place---which isn't something you'd run into in an official set, but they should fit with just a smidgen of force. I'll also check on that hinge near the front, although it also looks OK to me. The one you added does seem to fit pretty well, though, so it could be a good idea to strengthen it.

correct, you`ll need a little force to push everything into the right place - especially the outside beams need a little "help"

this is what I ended up with

I first tried to do it as instructed, but as I wrote earlier, the front will bend down

20180830_134633-smaller.jpg.7ff4aef3cd3a2c90cfc59c430138c562.jpg

only problem with this solution: there is no solid connection to the center, but its actually sturdy enough and the bottom panels will do the rest ;)

On 5/9/2018 at 11:02 PM, Raskolnikov said:

Thanks, I believe it's about 22.5 inches (~57 cm) long, not counting the antennae things on the front. And it weighs about 7.5 lbs (~3.5 kg).

Amazing MOC!

Can you advise on the height & width as well? Would like to know how much cabinet space I need for this model. Thanks!

Hey @Raskolnikov and/or @legolijntje,

I just bought the instructions and started to collect the parts. Thanks to you both for making the model available!

I have a question about the Technic bricks 1x14 (8 pieces) and 1x16 in LBG (11 pieces).
I do not have these in those quantities. But I do have some in DBG.

Does it matter if those will be 'mixed' in the build? I now have 6 LBG 1x14's en 2 DBG 1x14's (total of 8 pieces) and 7 LBG 1x16's en 4 DBG 1x16's (total of 11 pieces).

Thanx in advance!

Kind regards.

PS @legolijntje a response in Dutch is no problem! :classic:

On 5/19/2019 at 2:01 PM, base_1 said:

Does it matter if those will be 'mixed' in the build?

Should be fine. Most of the technic beams are in the frame, and they're mostly covered up. Some are partially visible when the ship is opened up for the interior, but either color probably looks fine.

Thanx @Raskolnikov!

Just Brinklinked the missing pieces (I own 40%) so I will be building soon with my son!

Is there anything particular you want me to check during building?

I just finished building this model - I highly recommend it and well done Raskolnikov on producing such a well designed and good looking MOC!

If anyone wants to see videos of this model I've published a series of videos for this build, video 3 in the series is where I complete the model: 

I have also published several photos of the completed model on my Flickr: 

Enjoy!

Edited by lenzie