Raskolnikov

Constrictor II - Imperial Interdictor (w Instructions)

Hi all,

So I rebuilt my Imperial Interdictor MOC for the purpose of making instructions (with Legolijntje's help, as usual).

The Constrictor II is on the left:

kwJtJI1.jpg

It might not be the first Interdictor with instructions, heh, but it's probably the first playable one.

As you guys know from your own MOCs and rebrick projects, a lot goes into making a model that's ready for public consumption like an official set. I didn't consider the first Constrictor to be instructions-ready for a number of reasons that weren't really visible in pictures. For example, attaching and removing the large bottom panels is a huge hassle (the pins are hidden under portions of the deck); the handle can break mid-carrying, causing you to drop the ship (honestly, the worst thing a handle can do); it wobbled like a bobble-head on the stand, which was slightly off the center of mass; etc.

Anyway, the Constrictor II corrects those issues. It also has more usable interior volume, while adding gravity well generators that correspond to the exterior bulges. Overall, I didn't reinvent the wheel with the ship's exterior, despite the variety of official representations that came out after completing original design. But I did join some other designers by taking a crack at a bridge that looks more like the Rebels version, and I also made use of some new pieces to give it a generally sleeker exterior.

More pics on Flickr, of course: https://www.flickr.com/photos/raskolnikov268/41983476111/in/dateposted/

And a few more below:

S21XhdU.jpg?1

M9eSrga.jpg

6WqOb6W.jpg

cPAc41t.jpg

Btw, when I said improved the balance, I really meant it. The whole ship can balance on just four studs (note the orange 2x2 round bricks underneath the stand in the next pic).

XfcpPNP.jpg

You can also spin the ship around on the stand if it's on a smooth, flat surface. Not sure if Eurobricks can host a .gif or .gifv, but you can see me spinning the ship around and opening it up here: https://i.imgur.com/zjQW0QZ.gifv

Edit: Just made a video showing it. Looks like I can embed that:

Instructions available here: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-14601/raskolnikov/constrictor-ii-playable-interdictor-cruiser/

Thanks again for the great feedback on the original Constrictor and my other MOCs. Hope to see some of you Aggressor builders adding this to your fleet. At 4450 parts, should be a breeze (you can also move it and open it up a LOT easier, let me tell you).

Edited by Raskolnikov

Very nice and amazing how much interior you can fit in there. I may add to the list of down the road builds. Im about to start building the torso of your AT-AT. Keep up the good work you models are some of the best.

Finally! Very excited for this. Looks beautiful! I won't be buying instructions yet (I still have to finish getting your plus-sized AT-AT together before I commit to a new project), but I'm looking forward to this. Aggressor was a little too big for me to take on, but this is perfect. Thank you so much for doing this (and to Legolijntje of course for the instructions).

I didn’t realize you could perfect perfection.... :wub: Methinks I’ll be building this very soon. 

Awesome, I was waiting for this!

Only one problem, sellfy seems to redirect me to my own page whenever I click the link. I cannot get to a purchase page.
Going to this link works: https://sellfy.com/p/tzcT/
Great instructions! :wub:

Edited by Phoib

Beautiful shaping of the hull and bridge. The interior is rich and detailed despite the cramped space, good work!

Edited by TWRAddict

That's awesome!!! Damn, so many projects of yours now!!

What's the size of this beauty?

How does everyone handle buying the pieces for sets like these?

A quick play around with the piece buying software give a total cost of around £600 with approximately 50% being P&P. I wouldn't object to paying £300 for the pieces but the P&P pushes it over what is an acceptable cost for me.

Having built your AT-AT, I will definitely build this... it's more manageable than the 15,000+ ISD.

Great work as always! 

@stormtroopercaptain@Iperial_Fleet_Commander@Junior Shark@TWRAddict@Hunter003@danielwerner Thanks guys!

15 hours ago, DarthHank said:

Aggressor was a little too big for me to take on, but this is perfect. Thank you so much for doing this (and to Legolijntje of course for the instructions).

No problem, hope you enjoy it. And I totally understand that the Aggressor is not for everyone, so I am hoping this provides another option. Honestly, I just assumed the Aggressor was going to be like 7-8k parts... then Legolijntje built the digital model and it weighed in at a whopping 15k.

8 hours ago, Phoib said:

Awesome, I was waiting for this!

Only one problem, sellfy seems to redirect me to my own page whenever I click the link. I cannot get to a purchase page.
Going to this link works: https://sellfy.com/p/tzcT/
Great instructions! :wub:

Thanks! That's the second report I've had of Sellfy issues, so I'll keep an eye on it. The link from the rebrickable page should be the same, so I haven't been able to identify what the issue is. Nevermind, I screwed it up. Legolijntje fixed it :)

7 hours ago, Theo van Vroenhoven said:

I had the honor to test build this model and must say it was a great pleasure!
Everything is well thought out and fits perfectly.
Congratulations to @Raskolnikov for yet another great MOC!

Yep, thanks for that dude!

7 hours ago, vded said:

That's awesome!!! Damn, so many projects of yours now!!

What's the size of this beauty?

Thanks, I believe it's about 22.5 inches (~57 cm) long, not counting the antennae things on the front. And it weighs about 7.5 lbs (~3.5 kg).

6 hours ago, Csaba said:

A quick play around with the piece buying software give a total cost of around £600 with approximately 50% being P&P. I wouldn't object to paying £300 for the pieces but the P&P pushes it over what is an acceptable cost for me.

Turning tricks, selling kidneys, etc. You know how it is.

1 hour ago, Davenocheese said:

Having built your AT-AT, I will definitely build this... it's more manageable than the 15,000+ ISD.

Great work as always! 

Thanks, looking forward to seeing it!

Edited by Raskolnikov

2 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Thanks! That's the second report I've had of Sellfy issues, so I'll keep an eye on it. The link from the rebrickable page should be the same, so I haven't been able to identify what the issue is.

That's because I fixed the rebrickable link ;)

1 minute ago, legolijntje said:

That's because I fixed the rebrickable link ;)

Yeah, just checked my email lol. My bad.

Getting pieces to build this and hope to buy the instructions soon!

Found a seller that had like 99% of the parts

How much did this cost you as the price I found was around 600 AUD

Would that be a good deal?

2 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

How much did this cost you as the price I found was around 600 AUD

Yeah, that sounds pretty good honestly. I've been thinking it's around $600 US usually.

Also saving for the bricks, by going through my collection, I went down to 146 missing lots. Just did a Pick a Brick order, hope to do the rest next week.

Do you have any interest of making Clone Wars era mocs? Would love to see an Acclamator or Invisible Hand made by you.

Impressive build! Well done. You captured the outside in detail and the interior is really well put together.

On 5/9/2018 at 6:58 PM, Csaba said:

Use rebrickable and they will find sellers for you and you can compare the price then

Also really nice build! What are you going to tackle next? May I suggest the eclipse?

Page 253, the brick construct doesn't connect to anything? The gray stone in front is placed 1 brick ahead, and doesn't seem to connect either.