Space Police XVIII

what's a why-wing? never heard of it. it sounds dumb

I like the chunky and compact look! 

Cheers!~

That's not only adorable looking, but even kinda cool for a small Classic Shuttlecraft! I really dig both its boxy, compact design and predominant usage of grey over blue! :thumbup: :classic:

3 hours ago, Space Police XVIII said:

optional astromech attachment:

Oh dear. :distressed: :head_back:

That's a fun little build.  My favorite part is the astromech.  What does the pilot of this little space truck do with the stick of cockpit glass in her hand?

I like this bulky little Classic Spacecraft! The engine design is a good one, I might borrow it sometime...

The astromech is awesome! Love the expression you used! :rofl:

@icm The pilot's tool is obviously a spectrometer beam of some sort... Right?

This is rather fabby, the SNOT technique makes a good shape to it. The compact look matches Classic Space very well.

One thing though, I like a bit more blue on a classic space MOC (unless it is the all grey look) so a little more blue in this and it would really pop.

Also, the "Astromech" is very funny. The expression is perfect and the spanner is very practical.

Thanks guys!

On 5/8/2018 at 9:30 PM, icm said:

the stick of cockpit glass

:laugh:

20 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

a little more blue in this and it would really pop.

Huh, interesting..I thought I used too much blue.  It's already in pieces, so a little too late to experiment.

Nice! I like the concept of building Star Wars in a Classic Space style, have you done any others like this?

When I was building my own Neo classic space y-wing earlier this year I thought of the same thing, as in what would it look like without the long panels at the back behind the engines. But I decided to keep it recognizable and have the full length.

Either way, this has a lot of neat qualities. I like the compact nature. I’ve been meaning to do something smaller.

in reality if you look at the original sets they didn’t have that much blue overall. The Neo classic space uses a lot more blue and that is what people see more often to gauge other builds by it.

whoa, frontpage?  Huh!  Neat, thanks!

6 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

Nice! I like the concept of building Star Wars in a Classic Space style, have you done any others like this?

Something A-Wing-ish is coming eventually, but that's about it.

25 minutes ago, TheLegoDr said:

in reality if you look at the original sets they didn’t have that much blue overall.

Yeah.  I really like the VERY old ones, set 442 for example.  Nothing but lovely gray, with trans-color accents.