Spud The Viking

[GBW-CP6] New Brickika - Research Plant Golf

Map Name: Studica

Grid: E8

New Brickika was tasked with storming the science and research post 'Golf'. 

41071411475_d28756347b_z.jpg

Little did they know that Research Plant Golf was testing an electromagnetic rail gun. Why is it situated in a volcanic area? Well, geothermal energy powers this beast, the electricity enters through that large cable.

41071409725_5a6fe1b6ed_z.jpg

41252269604_5bd2ddcd6a_z.jpg

Loading clunky metal objects which is cladding to a missile that will be fired at over 5600 mph. The scientists prepare to fire the rail gun.

41252268304_761da9c046_z.jpg

Before firing, New Brickikan troops stormed the base, careful not to get too near the edge of the small walkway.

41926356382_721457f5ee_z.jpg

41970810691_a9c29804a7_z.jpg

With all resistance dealt with, the two elite forces decided it best to destroy the research facility as it was not the nuclear objective they were tasked in hunting. 

41071402015_a452d3cf58_z.jpg

New Brickika will now report the situation, that they have not found any trace of WMDs but have destroyed an electromagnetic cannon at Research Plant Golf.

Spoiler

I may have taken a bit of creative liberty in making a lava river through a research facility, hope the judges don't mind :look:

Here are some extra photos;

41252273314_d8c9cd9d6d_z.jpg

41252271664_22cf3ac857_z.jpg

28099524868_fc44955000_z.jpg

28099522628_c2cdb8082a_z.jpg

28099520658_04634f9655_z.jpg

Edited by Spud The Viking

Wow! I see resemblances with the Jedi Duel at the end of "The REvenge of the Sith".

Good details!

Nice one ! A research facility inside a volcano ! Great !

21 hours ago, sigpro said:

Wow! I see resemblances with the Jedi Duel at the end of "The REvenge of the Sith".

Exactly what I thought !

Good job !

23 hours ago, sigpro said:

Good details!

Thanks! I see the resemblence, I do love Star Wars.

1 hour ago, Faladrin said:

Nice one ! A research facility inside a volcano ! Great !

Exactly what I thought !

Good job !

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

As the other friends above said, it reminds Star Wars. I like all the little details in this build: the open hatch where the operator place the explosives, the projectile and the lava and the idea that geothermal energy powers the gun!

You’ve been awarded (7) points.

Judges’ comments…

The appeal of this build is in its originality. The concept of the facility breaks the mold from what is normally seen. Your detailing in the floor definitely took you some time to complete. The lava river was a little over the top, but you pulled it off. Biggest suggestion would be to approach some of your phots at level with the build. Top down shots are nice, but when you're level with build it allows you to see the details at a better perspective. You're builds keep getting better, keep it up!    

Interesting choice, although the mission was to secure the weapons, you changed that, and it did affect your score in my opinion.  Great overhead shots, but would have liked to see some at the minifig's perspective.  This gives an impression of realism, which I know may sound silly, but it can really give a different view of your build!  The lava detailing was good, but then as I move up throughout the rest of your build, the build felt bland.  Simple floors and simple walls aren't bad, but when you stay with a 32x32 build, this leaves a lot of room for details.  I feel you could have added some more.

Be Sure to Update Your AARs. 

Thanks for playing!