Stash2Sixx

[GBW] (Campaign 6) Commonwealth of Southern Territories - Airbase Juliet

[GBW] (Campaign 6)  Commonwealth of Southern Territories - Airbase Juliet

Studica E9

Both the Alliances have their differences, but when a third player enters the game talking about potential WMDs, both Alliances try to work together to deal with that threat first.  Many of the Nations have stepped forward from both Alliances to search the country of Xenor and locate whatever they could.  The Commonwealth of Southern Territories sent a squad of Marines into Airbase Juliet (real name unkinown because no one really gives two shits about Xenor as they are just led by the worst people in the world) to see if they could locate anything.  The National rebel group, Servants of Freedom, were able to drop some last minute intel to the nation of CoST.  They said their spies had been observing the airfield for about a week and had seen little to almost no activity at that location.

The Marines were dropped by helicopter about six miles out.  Even with all of their jamming equipment, they didn't want to set off any air defense systems near the airbase.  The Marines hiked through the terrain until they came upon the perimeter fence.  After checking all buildings in view and seeing no activity on the airfield, the team sliced the outer fence and began to creep forward into the base.  They moved from building to building, hangar to hangar, checked the control tower, turned off all SAM launchers but did not encounter any resistance.  After about 90 minutes, the team came upon the last hangar to be checked...Hangar 18.

"Sir, final hangar.  Looks like the intel the SoF gave us was accurate.  We haven't fired a shot yet.  We might want to note that this hangar does have a unique sign outside the doorway."

41248037084_d9721b1d7a_z.jpg

"Stay alert folks, still have one SAM to deal with."

28095571278_bd3d380cac_z.jpg

"Gentlemen, cut the sucker"

28095573168_348dd1d555_z.jpg

"Cables cut."

"SAM Launcher is dead, proceed to doorway, prepare to breach Hangar 18. Masks on!"

28095574748_a36b848644_z.jpg

The breach team put their gas masks over their faces and cautiously ventured into the building.  As they entered they were able to see fairly clearly as the lights in this building were still on.  Upon entering they immediately found a broken glass container.

41248028424_278c7f2357_z.jpg

"Well Sir, I think we know why this base cleared out.  Chances are they were screwin' around in here and had no idea how to deal with this stuff."

"Looks like they had more interest in making it than storing it properly!"

41067154075_59d8b411bd_z.jpg

"You, cover our asses and get that SAW on the door!"

"On it Sir!"

41067151765_ac48643b6c_z.jpg

"Well, look at all of these quaint little crates."

41248032384_825bdb1b87_z.jpg

"Sergeant, any clue what we're dealing with here?"

"Sir, I know they can go boom, but I don't know if they are mushroom cloud boom!"

40159646260_9db19fa2ac_z.jpg

"Alright team, good job securing the base.  Let's call the engineers in here and they can take a closer look"

"Skull Crusher to Black Angel, do you read, over."

"This is Black Angel, Skull Crusher.  I read you loud and clear, over."

"Black Angel, the airbase is secure. Zero enemies encountered.  All SAM sites defunct. Extreme minimal damage. Airbase can easily be repurposed for RoN usage ASAP.  Mission is a complete success, over"

"Roger that Skull Crusher.  Completing my perimeter check of the airbase, I can confirm all SAM sites are inactive.  Will land on your position in 15 seconds.  Calling in the Chinooks to assess and repurpose airbase.  Over and out!"

41922332582_44a1318d06_z.jpg

Spoiler

Here are three overview shots.  I did not want to forget them this time...

28095571508_c50e8f9dd1_z.jpg

41966363821_3557655bac_z.jpg

40159645700_1558fa0347_z.jpg

Believe it or not, I really wanted to do a hangar, so I made Hangar 18.  Yes, I was listening to a lot of Megadeth while building this!  There are a few new techniques for warehouse construction I haven't used before and wanted to try them out here first.  I need to redesign an engine shop for my LUG's rail display and this was great because I could try it on a smaller scale first.  I added internal details, but didn't want to go overboard as we all hate Xenor, but they can't be that big a bunch of morons.  Can they?  I figured the out of commission hangar would be more of a warehouse then a service/storage spot for planes.  Therefore, it would be somewhat clean due to the contents.

I found out that LEGO LEDs are great for a lighting effect...but if you want to actually light something up, then go with Lifelites or Brickstuff.  I've used both and they work so much better than the LEGO ones.  Wanted to achieve the just before dawn, low light feel, as if the sun was about to come up...but it just hadn't crossed the horizon yet.

Citizen Brick figures, Brickarms and minifig.cat gear. Signage was also CB.  The Apache was an AH-64D Longbow model released by Brickmania, but I made a few tweaks to it, added some antennae arrays and crafted it as an AH-64E.  Not a lot of noticeable differences, but there are a few. VX Gas is Brickmania's along with the printed crate.  The crate bombs are mine, the SAM launcher is mine, the building is mine, the story is mine...blah blah blah.  I think you all get it. And since I usually build my own trees, I wanted to totally cheat and use prefab trees.  I never bother so I thought it would be fun to drop a few Cypress trees in the build.

Wow! Good SAM launcher and helicopter, along with multiple details. The VX canisters are a cylinder version of those found in the film "The Rock".

Good!

6 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

I made Hangar 18.  Yes, I was listening to a lot of Megadeth while building this!

This. Yes. :thumbup:

You’ve been awarded (9) points.

Judges’ comments…

Very cool design here. The little things spread throughout the build really breathe life into it. It is obvious that this build was constructed with a certain image and photography in mind. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. It's good because your pictures look great, very well thought out and executed. The negative side of it is that the overall building structure is lacking that finishing refinement (Closed walls, Roof, Gap outside between plate with Helo and other exterior grounds) but this is minimal, I need to find something to critique. Great Job, I think maybe your best one yet. 

Be Sure to Update Your AARs. 

Thanks for playing!