Tezclatipoca

[GBW] -CP 06 - Deland Republic - Kilo Naval Base

Campaign 06 - Deland Republic - Kilo Naval Base

Map : Studica

Grid : E9

On the hunt for Weapons of Mass Destruction, the Kilo Naval Base of the Xenor Navy was an objective The Deland Republic could not leave out of control !

It was decided to take on the base and secure the safe it contains as it could protect some WMDs, acording to the SoF intel the high command received !

41064740885_7331c16c58_c.jpg

The only problem was the SAM launcher protecting the Kilo base.

41963866521_5a329e3865_c.jpg

The facility being well protected by its position incorporated inside a cliff, the only good access viable was to strike by air but the Missiles could shot down any aircraft passing by.

41245075784_8bbed93001_c.jpg

So, the high command decided to send F. Al'Hadrin team to shot down the missile control by sending them diving through the only soft spot they could find : a delivery way built inside the cliff itself.

41963690351_3a003af53b_c.jpg

40156761180_88d2024db4_c.jpg

The little diving team reached the cliff in no time and rushed upon the few guards quite quickly. The SAM was no more than an inoffensive decoration on the roof of the Naval Base.

41064477965_aeed9ed376_c.jpg

41244820284_f92076e24c_c.jpg

41064428735_66a0ddce56_c.jpg

Then, a black shadow passed upon the facility...

41963846671_4aeeb7f7ce_c.jpg

In no time, a paradropping team was launched from the aircraft and they fell upon the heads of the desoriented Xenor soldiers. Once the Base Commander down, the Xenor forces surrendered and the Kilo Naval Base was under the Paradrop control.

28092984398_2e73e50285_c.jpg

27095173337_cdf96e1201_c.jpg

27095149917_241e99259c_c.jpg

27095023937_afb382f1f7_c.jpg

41963788131_8ae70f373a_c.jpg

41919588832_188c8fb83e_c.jpg

41963553231_5c2b83cc08_c.jpg

41919397832_041ea23b1e_c.jpg

41064309075_567161749e_c.jpg

The safe was secured and it was up to the Major leading the Paradroppping team to open it to confirm (or not) the SoF informations. Were there any WMDs in this base ?

28092496888_4f56e84ded_c.jpg

Hope you'll like this one !

It is so far the best (and hardest) rockwork I've ever tryed ! Quite piece consuming but the result worth it IMO ! Don't hesitate to tell me what do you think of it in the comments !

Edited by Faladrin

Wow! I like the rockwork,it is good indeed!

Other good details: the safe door, the architecture of the building and the detail of the black shadow. 

Woaw very nice construction, the building is very well made :thumbup: and the scenario is very good with the combat divers and paratrooper :wink:

4 hours ago, sigpro said:

Wow! I like the rockwork,it is good indeed!

Other good details: the safe door, the architecture of the building and the detail of the black shadow. 

Thanks ! The Safe door was not planned initially and it gave me little problems to incorporate it at this place. All over this door are walls with uneven number of studs. I finallly decided to move the door correctly on jumpers to center everything. And it worked !

The black shadow is just me trying not to build an aircraft. :laugh::tongue:

4 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Love the airplane shadow, that's pretty darn original! :thumbup: Nice story as well, and an excellent build!

Thank you ! I suck in aircraft building :grin:  so, I found another way to use my paradropping ability. And then came out this shadow idea... I've thought about building a micro plane but the design was too obviously micro built and didn't fit the Base scale. So I changed it into a simple (but effective) shadow !

Glad you liked it !

2 hours ago, French Man said:

Woaw very nice construction, the building is very well made :thumbup: and the scenario is very good with the combat divers and paratrooper :wink:

Merci !

I am glad you like the scenario as it could be a very possible operation. I thought it like "How could a High Command would deal with such a Base ?"

Besides, if you pay attention to the Xenor soldiers faces, you'll see they are quite confident on their defenses and are not expecting a visit by air, nor by under the sea !

I like tha build. It's neat with clean lines. And have alot of interesting details as the airplane shadow, the parachutes, the interior, the rockwork. My only dissension is that you could use only the combat divers and a team of boat delivered marines, instead of the paratroopers :)

21 hours ago, paintballman said:

I like tha build. It's neat with clean lines. And have alot of interesting details as the airplane shadow, the parachutes, the interior, the rockwork. My only dissension is that you could use only the combat divers and a team of boat delivered marines, instead of the paratroopers :)

Thank you !

I loved doing the Paratroopers ! And making them little parachute was so fun, it reminded me my childhood doing this with plastic soldiers and throwing them through the 2nd floor window to see them fly ! (erhm... those little guys didn't fly very well...)

I couldn't let this opportunity passed by. I had Paradropping level, so I had to use it. But, yes, sure, probably just a naval team would have be sufficient...

21 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

Great job! I really like the building and all the jaunty angles used throughout the build

Thank you ! Those angles are pretty easy to do and are quite effective, yes ! An easy way (and not too piece consuming) to make a good wall texture IMO.

You’ve been awarded (9) points.

Judges’ comments…

This definitely takes the cake this round! Everything is done so nicely. The first thing that caught my eye was your landscaping around the water and the rock work. Everything was carefully put together to provide a little bit of realism. Your photos showing the guys coming up out of the water capture that cavern like view perfectly. The build itself is great with everything from the exterior brick detailing to the overgrowth on the roof. I would have liked to have seen a little more detail inside and I'm only saying this because you had so much detail outside haha. The SAM Launcher looks a little familiar to me, unsure if you did something similar in a prior build or borrowed the idea. Either way, this is definitely your best build yet. Keep Going!    

That first shot is amazing!  Lots of details added to this build.  Your shadow of the plane was a great idea.  And the paratroops dropping in was a very creative way to look at things from a different perspective.  Watch your lighting on some of the pics, but otherwise, this is a fantastic build.  Good job!

Be Sure to Update Your AARs. 

Thanks for playing!