French Man

[GBW] - CP6 - Deland Republic - Foxtrot Naval Base

With the revelation surrounding the Nukes found in Xenor, the Deland Republic High Command decided to send troops on sites which could potentially contain Nukes.

The plan was audacious : cross the Xenorian territory by the main road, make an artillery preparation on the naval base of Foxtrot and attack it on two points : North and South. A long vehicle column, composed by part of the 5th Marines Regiment and Armored Cavalry with a support from 25th EAR (Artillery), start from Carrefour, where they were stationed, in direction of the South, goal : Foxtrot.

At the south entrance of the Foxtrot base ( situated in the historical sector of the city, this entrance is less important that the north and east ones, which are large for the military convoys) three soldiers discuss :

- Have you heard what is fall in the North/East of the base in the night? ask someone

- Yes, I didn't slept all night

- Do you think that can occured on the base ? ask the 3rd soldier

- Maybe, But here we don't fear anything, if they attack it's by the sea or at the North entance, but not here, I'm sure !

- Yes you are right

5 min later : 

- I'm hungry !! When the replacements soldiers arrived ?

- Yeeees me too, they are always in delays !! Even the crew of anti-air defense MILAN are at the mess !

27089594487_7bf6d3be13_c.jpgEurobricks - GBW - CP6 #1 by French-Man, sur Flickr

But they will not be able to eat this meal waited for so long, the forefront of the DR Marines is arrived.

- In combat position ! Give the alarm! We need reinforcement!

But reinforcement will not be able to come, at the same moment the DR Armored Cavalry attack the North entrance.

28087310168_60512724d3_c.jpgEurobricks - GBW- CP6 #2 by French-Man, sur Flickr

The Humvee had just stopped when a shoot from the Xenorian gunner kill the pilot. Angry by the loss of one of their comrade, the Marines get out of their vehicle and go to the assault of the entrance's checkpoint.

41240122254_686148900e_c.jpgEurobricks - GBW - CP6 #3 by French-Man, sur Flickr

40151740400_dbc58e313f_c.jpgEurobricks - GBW - CP6 #4 by French-Man, sur Flickr

41958404231_1d280f4f5d_c.jpgEurobricks - GBW - CP6 #5 by French-Man, sur Flickr

41059381075_4fa2cc5633_c.jpgEurobricks - GBW - CP6 #6 by French-Man, sur Flickr

The Marines kill 2 Xenorian soldiers and the last one surrender to them.

41958382581_203da7a786_c.jpgEurobricks - GBW - CP6 #7 by French-Man, sur Flickr

41059355635_99a3b429ba_c.jpgEurobricks - GBW - CP6 #8 by French-Man, sur Flickr

The soldiers of the Deland Republic can now search the traces of Nukes in the base.

This is my entry for CP6.

Full view : 

28087318898_99ef405028_c.jpgEurobricks - GBW - CP6 #9 by French-Man, sur Flickr

The Humvee (I can make more photos if you would) is a lot of inspired by the Project Azazel model one (it's a builder that I admire).

Very good details:

The humvee,  the T-wall,  the fountain and the machine gun in the corner. And the FAMAS!

A good build !

I like this Humvee ! And it seems we've got FAMAS in the Deland Republic Marines ! Nice ! I should find myself a bunch of it !

Good job !

Nice action scenes! Well done!

On 9/5/2018 at 11:54 AM, Faladrin said:

...And it seems we've got FAMAS in the Deland Republic Marines ! Nice ! I should find myself a bunch of it !...

This damn Nexter Systems is selling everywhere the FAMAS....Is the main rifle of my Vergina Iron Guards also... :tongue:

Edited by paintballman

You’ve been awarded (6) points.

Judges’ comments…

Okay so I like this build but I don't love it. To me this seems more like a sidebuild than a Campaign build. It is a little bit too simple. To make it better, you might have considered building on a bigger template. You tried fitting a few things in here that really cramped your space (SAM by the gate is top example). Your attention to detail was pretty good though, it just needed a little more maybe in terms of buildings and things. Your Hummer looks excellent and very nicely done. Can't wait to see your next build.     
Your build was for a naval base, but all we got was a guard post gate.  There also were no signs of anyone securing any weapons.  Be sure to actually complete the missions at hand.  There is plenty of room to modify the original missions, but at the heart of it, you still need to complete the missions given.  Nice job with the Humvee and giving credit to Project Azazel, he is a talented builder and worthy of the credit.  Overall, I think you could have used a bit more detail on your terrain, it just appears flat.  Be sure you are careful with your lighting, some pics are well lit and look great (wounded soldier on the edge of the build lying on his back, great shot!) others look very dark (last shot of the topic).  Don't hesitate to buy a solid colored sheet and use it as a back drop.  People tend to use paper, but once you see those lines for the different pieces, for some, that's all they see and it tears away from your build.

Be Sure to Update Your AARs. 

Thanks for playing!