Sign in to follow this  
Hanso

[EV3]Delivery Station 2018, part of the largest train layout controlled by Lego Mindstorms

The Delivery Station unloads the train, separates the candies from the containers and delivers the candies to the visitors. The 2017 consisted of four parts:

1. Push mechanism: pushes the containers-with-candies from the train
  2. Roller mechanism: rolles the containers-with-candies to the lifts
  3. Lift mechanism: lifts the containers to separate the candies from the containers
  4. Locker mechanism: candies are stored in lockers, to be opened with the ticket reader

The order of the candies needed to be kept, so every visitor received the candy in the color he requested.

You can watch the 2017 here (starts at timestamp 2m39s):

For 2018, we keep the Push mechanism and the lockers. The part that will take care of separating the candies from the containers, is completely redesigned. The push mechanism however, was rather slow and - as you can see in the video - it needed quite some space due to the slider. So, that needed a redesign as well.

You can see the new version here (click on the photo to go to our Flickr page):

Delivery Station 2018 - New push mechanism

And of course a video:

Enjoy,
Hans

Edited by Hanso

Simple, effective and much faster than the old version. That's why we rebuild things! Good job, I'm looking forward to seeing all these components come together.

I really like the use of the inherent flexibility of LEGO connections to get that supple curve.

16 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

Simple, effective and much faster than the old version. That's why we rebuild things! Good job, I'm looking forward to seeing all these components come together.

Thanks ColletArrow. My colleague is rebuilding the part to separate the candies from the containers. I have seen the first version, and it is looking great. Sorry, no pictures yet.

11 hours ago, bombcar said:

I really like the use of the inherent flexibility of LEGO connections to get that supple curve.

Thanks bombcar. It wasn't too difficult to find a way to push all the bars simultaneously, but I had to think twice to find a way to push it in a supple cuve.

Eureka-logo.png

Suddenly, I had this Euroka moment. And then it was build in a couple of hours (first a proto, then the final build).