norlego

[MOC] Bree and the Buckleberry Ferry

Bree and the Buckleberry Ferry

The Buckleberry Ferry is a raft-ferry at the main crossing point of the river Brandywine from The Shire to Buckland in Bree-land. Some miles east lies of the Village of Bree, the chief-village of Bree-land. This is the only area in Middle-earth where men, dwarves, and hobbits dwell side by side. 

Bree and the Buckleberry Ferry is a collaboration with myself and Northern LEGO. We built this for the Norwegian convention På Kloss Hold 2018 that was held in April, where it won a cool award. We used Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring as reference when building most of this, especially the raft-ferry and the Prancing Pony Inn. We're very proud of the outcome and the collab was a huge success for us. Let us know what you think, and I hope you like it. 

40103539910_7242ab04d0_z.jpg

For more LOTR and castle MOCs, follow me on Flickr.

Awesome job.  I love all the houses, the landscaping is great.  The river is nicely done.  The only thing off to me is the wall isn't the wall around Bree all wood not stone?  

I wish I could see it IRL! This is really amazing. Lovely work with the foliage and landscaping. It has a very naturalistic "flow". The water-effect is very impressive as well. Colours and texture just mimic a river surface nearly perfectly. Also nice to see the houses (great tudoring btw.) at "off-the-grid" angles. Adds to the organic feel. Just the gate looks a bit plain to me. Everything else - brilliant.:classic:

12 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Awesome job.  I love all the houses, the landscaping is great.  The river is nicely done.  The only thing off to me is the wall isn't the wall around Bree all wood not stone?  

Northern LEGO, who built that section, based the wall off of what you see in the movie, and what you see in the movie is a stone wall. 

10 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

I wish I could see it IRL! This is really amazing. Lovely work with the foliage and landscaping. It has a very naturalistic "flow". The water-effect is very impressive as well. Colours and texture just mimic a river surface nearly perfectly. Also nice to see the houses (great tudoring btw.) at "off-the-grid" angles. Adds to the organic feel. Just the gate looks a bit plain to me. Everything else - brilliant.

Thank you very much, appreciate the feedback. The wall is quite detailed when you take a closer look.

36 minutes ago, norlego said:

Thank you very much, appreciate the feedback. The wall is quite detailed when you take a closer look.

I don't mean the wall. The wall looks great. Just the gate appears a bit flat on the picture.

3 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

I don't mean the wall. The wall looks great. Just the gate appears a bit flat on the picture.

The gate itself isn't accurate to the movie as it has two houses hanging slightly over the front of the wall. It's flat because it's closed obviously, not quite sure what you mean. 

Nice to see that this gem made it to eurobricks :D I've already commented on this moc on other platforms but once more: this is an amazing creation! The accuracy, details, size, techniques used, everything is just spot on!

Amazing work, guys! So many things to admire here, the water effect, the medieval buildings, the foliage, the rocks... The color scheme works really well too. Indeed, that's something to be proud of! :wink: