Sign in to follow this  
SpaceJoey86

[MTF] Sourcing materials

Nilsen Borockovick, a skilled guild-master almost ready to set up shop, journeyed to Bardo to complete a few final projects. First he met up with a local woodcutter and ordered some timber - to be delivered to the location of his projects the next week

41931172941_6cfe0bfb34_z.jpgDSCN8418

The cost was one auric coin, with a further three to be paid on when the goods were delivered.

41212869444_b79d65314b_z.jpgDSCN8422

Also, all the trees were from a managed forest, and would be replanted to keep a steady supply available.

ooc - Couldn't find my sigfig so decided to use this character for now. Just a small build but I like it.

Nice layout, clever idea to use the masonry bricks lying like this. Good use of the sign as well. Looking forward to the continuation of your story!

Nice little build. :thumbup:

Does it only look like it, or are the green plates rather dusted? If they are: a smooth brush is all you need to get rid of it.

Another thing I noted is that the story makes little use of its context. It is implied that your character is supposed to be an instrument maker looking for the best wood available - but you could have spelled that out. Same for his motivation, which is most likely to ue the Bardo festival as an opportunity to make a name for himself in terms of instrument building. As it is, the story seems to be rather random to me.

Edited by Drunknok

A week later, Nilsen had finished his masterpiece: a wind powered organ.

28213241658_5b40abde3f_z.jpgDSCN8433

Although his skill was in optics, he decided to make something different, and this was it.

28213219528_30e7feb9d8_z.jpgDSCN8442

The music was slow and haunting, played solo and powered solely by the wind.

41366609994_28dd2a4e11_z.jpgDSCN8438

A fine continuation of your story, and an interesting take on an organ build. I like both, well done! :thumbup:

20 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

A fine organ !

16 hours ago, Drunknok said:

A fine continuation of your story, and an interesting take on an organ build. I like both, well done! :thumbup:

Thanks!