TyGl200

Custom Painting Minifigure Help

So I've decided to start painting minifigures. I really need some help on figuring out how to remove printing and what paints to use. Help would be appreciated.

Edited by LuxorV
Fixed title. Please do not use all caps. Thanks.

If you look about 10 posts down there is this existing topic:

And this is useful for paint:

For starters, try Apple Barrel acrylics. Easy to use. Then you can try hobby miniature paints such as Tamiya or Mr Colour or Citadel paints. I personally use Vallejo paints and AK Interactive, although it might be a little pricey. You should also consider sanding and priming the fig before you start painting. Once finished painting, it is advisable to seal the minifig using a clear gloss spray (Spray about 2-4 layers). This prevents the paint from chipping.

Edited by DarthFargus Customs

On 5/21/2018 at 8:37 PM, DarthFargus Customs said:

For starters, try Apple Barrel acrylics. Easy to use. Then you can try hobby miniature paints such as Tamiya or Mr Colour or Citadel paints. I personally use Vallejo paints and AK Interactive, although it might be a little pricey. You should also consider sanding and priming the fig before you start painting. Once finished painting, it is advisable to seal the minifig using a clear gloss spray (Spray about 2-4 layers). This prevents the paint from chipping.

I like apple barrel, too. the spray is a nice touch as well, i use spray sealant!

On 10/17/2020 at 2:09 PM, Greg the Gungan said:

hey cann I use vallejo paint

Read the post two above yours. It specifically mentions Vallejo.

To remove print, just use a normal eraser on the lego piece. It's mad but it does work, just be persistent.
If there's elements you want to keep, mask them with some tape. I was able to remove individual small details from some lego heads.

Edited by Hidronax