Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8

Episode 9 - you are here.

But the Corries' hopes for a quick chase and smooth sailing were bound to be overturned - instead they got something which most of them liked even more, a stiff and stormy northeastern gale.

41195979494_b187227b10_z.jpg

The little, overcrowded sloop sped through the water at an incredibly rate, and everyone was in quite capital spirits.  Sergeant Salt even put a hole through the sail with his pistol by accident in the excess of his delight.

27044225257_acdd24a67c_z.jpg

The Marshal (and his horse) stood at the bow of the little boat, taking in the exhilarating and charged sea air as the sloop dashed through the waves.

40106379120_495a04ef81_z.jpg

...And then it started to rain.  And rain, and rain.  It was a torrential downpour before long, and all the soldiers and officers were drenched, but they were still in good spirits, despite the fact that they had lost sight of the highwayman and the Surprise some time since.  

Plus, Ensign Silvers found something useful stowed away at the bottom of the boat...

41870156602_854d3b0fb2_z.jpg

To be continued...

A last overview:

41013923845_0afa722399_z.jpg

There you have it!  My build for this episode of the story, and this one was really a blast - had lots of fun watching it take shape, and was really happy with how it turned out. 

Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome as always!

Just another wonderful build! Fantastic job on the water and it's great to see all the soldiers and a horse jammed onto such a little boat! :iamded_lol:

Nice scene Garmadon! The wave looks great and the sloop is very well built, great minifig posing too.:laugh:

Great to see how utterly determined our Corries are. :pir_laugh2:

The dynamics of this MOC are fantastic!  :thumbup:

I see the guys are losing a barrel. Was it rum or water? Did they bring any rations along?

The other parties involved in this race or treasure hunt seem to be slightly better equipped (ship-wise).

the waves are very convincing indeed ... the small ship looks to be a very rough ride in those tall waves.  the posing is excellent and adds to the movement created by the waves and the angle of the boat.  I think the lost barrel adds to the thought that the waves are intense and the decks awash!

Very dynamic scene, Garm, amusing story and great posing.

After extensive work with waves myself, I can really appreciate the effort put into this! Well done!

Awesome build! That wave is stunning! :thumbup:

What color bricks have you used under the trans-clear?

That is an amazing wave! excellent display of the boat on the wave and the posing of the crew!

Wonderful build, in particular the wave is great!

Since those Corries do not exactly own the best ship, I wish they are all talented swimmers!

Fantastic job on the water and of course the whole thing is really humorous.  Especially the umbrella.  :roflmao:

Thanks all! :grin:

On 5/5/2018 at 7:31 PM, LM71Blackbird said:

Just another wonderful build! Fantastic job on the water and it's great to see all the soldiers and a horse jammed onto such a little boat! :iamded_lol:

Yep, had a lot of fun cramming them all in there! :pir-grin: :pir_laugh2:  Thanks mate!

On 5/5/2018 at 8:37 PM, Professor Thaum said:

lol... the crew is... just stunning !

Great job on the water, a masterpiece...

:grin:  Thanks Professor!

On 5/6/2018 at 2:26 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Great to see how utterly determined our Corries are. :pir_laugh2:

The dynamics of this MOC are fantastic!  :thumbup:

I see the guys are losing a barrel. Was it rum or water? Did they bring any rations along?

The other parties involved in this race or treasure hunt seem to be slightly better equipped (ship-wise).

Yes, they are obviously quite determined! :laugh:  Thanks Captain - and about the barrel, well, they had just commandeered the ship as it was, so it was probably a barrel full of just...

Umbrellas :grin: :rofl:

22 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Awesome build! That wave is stunning! :thumbup:

What color bricks have you used under the trans-clear?

Thanks Capt! :pir-sweet:  Mostly it's just normal blue (about all the bricks in that color that I have, actually :grin:), with a smattering of dark azure.  

9 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Wonderful build, in particular the wave is great!

Since those Corries do not exactly own the best ship, I wish they are all talented swimmers!

I hope so! :pir_laugh2:  Thanks, Keymonus!