Bob

Imperial Officers Mafia - Day Three

Sorry for continuing to bring up the subject of why I thought a now confirmed traitorous Jellico was innocent, but I am currently under the microscope and it's my duty to explain myself.

Anyways, yesterday I stated the following which, among other things, I defended Jellico. 

Ok, so a couple of things. The three members in this room that are the highest on the chopping block are Daala, Jellico, and Ozzel.

Daala? I think she's still on a learning curve. Personally I don't think she's said enough to give me something to go on, but her recent posts show a higher level of commitment.

Jellico? I actually fail to see what makes him such an appealing lynch choice. "Defensive"? Is that all you have to go on?

Ozzel? Ozzel is Ozzel. That's not a get out of jail free card, but he's explained his absence, and he also informed us of the fact that he would be absent. In my eyes, he's no more guilty than most of the members here.

Of the three, who would I vote for if it would insure a lynch for today? Probably Ozzel. Not because I think he's scum, but because if we want a lynch, and these are the only three choices everyone keeps leaning towards, Ozzel is the best choice.

Why? Because Daala won't give us much to work with tomorrow, and Jellico is (in my eyes) innocent and a important member to have among us if we want to take down the traitors.

Ozzel is a helpful member too, but if we must lynch one of these three, he'll give us the most info without causing a serious blow to the town.

But that doesn't mean that I still don't stand by my vote for Piett. Here's a question. What makes Jellico a more appealing lynch than Piett?

Shortly after, Jellico replied to this. But it felt like he was just copying most of what I said.

I would like to add some thoughts to this as Tarkin has brought up some good points.  

Ozzel:  is behaving similar to how some of us have seen when we have crewed with him before on various missions.  He did state that he would be attending Imperial Officer Promotion University classes like many of us are, myself included.  To achieve a better position in the Officers Corp we have to advance through studies, however we still have meetings to attend to as we are currently together to find the traitors.

Daala:  while I still find some things suspicious and she isn't exactly being helpful to the situation, this could be attributed to still being newer to our crew than most here.  One thing she brought up that has been bugging me since day 1 is Adm Pietts behavior.  

Piett:  while I do agree that there have some active traitors on past crews I have served on; I have seen situations where both traitors have lead the loyals to their graves and where they have sat back so quiet and coasted through daily meeting after meeting till the end when their whole team were revealed.  

However, his back and forth statements and refusal to respond to my questions and then to turn around and demand of someone else to prove where he said what is hypocritical.  This point in itself now makes him the most scummy looking to me. I would also like to add that as soon as the first vote came off Adm. Motti he removed his vote very quickly to jump to the bandwagon on me with only echoing of others thoughts. 

Jellico:  ok so for myself, I have politely (and non defensively) asked for others to clarify where and why they think I said something I did not.  And yet most have cast votes for me because other have found me defensive? Please, explain how asking others to show where I said what I did is defensive.  

As for me I wil change my vote to Adm. Piett who makes a far better choice for todays lynch.  I still plan to keep an eye on Ozzel and Daala.

I'm not sure if he was pressed for time and that's all he could come up with, but it felt like he had pretty much copied most of what I'd said. This struck me as scummy, and made me rather suspicious of him.

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

Apology accepted. :laugh:

I think today's strategy to weed out the remaining scum would be to list the people who are most likely to be loyal. There's much to be learned about how people accused and voted for each other in the past few days.

Grand Moff Tarkin/LegoMonorailFan - He strongly defended Jellico yesterday and even went as far as saying he's 99% sure Ozzel's town. That makes him either a scum or just extremely oblivious. He's currently on top of my list of suspects in any case.
Grand Admiral Thrawn/mediumsnowman - He's been very quiet, and was one of the people who pushed my lynch. So he's on list of suspects.
Admiral Piett/Sandy - I'd like to say, in the words of the great Hinckley, that I am "towniest of towns" having been a target of the scum yesterday, but I can only ask that you trust me. 
Admiral Motti/mostlytechnic - He has been very analytical and helpful, and disagreed with Jellico on several occasions, so I'm leaning towards him being town.
Admiral Daala/Rider Raider - She was voted for by both Ozzel and Jellico on both days, so it's safe to say she was an easy target to the scum with her relative quietness. Sure, she voted for me yesterday but I see no reason for her to be anything but town.
Admiral Yularen/KotZ - He has spent time evaluating ways for the town to win, and been an active contributor. I would trust he's town
General Veers/fhomess - He voted for both of the scum yesterday and even though he was inactive on the first day, he started contributing after that. I would see him as town.
Admiral Shelby/Forresto - He did not agree with lynching on Day 1 but was very strongly pushing for Ozzel's voting yesterday. Likely to be town.
Admiral Greer/Tariq j - He has been active and analytical as well, and has done nothing suspicious so he might very well be town.
Colonel Dellus/LegoRacer1 - He's obviously been busy with other things, so it's hard to tell one way or another. So a suspect he remains.
Captain Needa/Khscarymovie4 - He has voted both with the scum and against the scum. He hesitatingly voted for Jellico after his vote on Daala didn't catch wind, and was the only one of Jellico's voters who didn't switch for Ozzel. A suspicious person to say the least.
Captain Komec/jluck - Hasn't said much but he voted for the scum yesterday so he could be town.
Captain Fenton/Peanuts - He's another active officer and voted for both Jellico and Ozzel yesterday. He made a panic move at the end of the day that would've been detrimental for us loyals, but I'm inclined to say it wasn't deliberate. He's a likely townie in my eyes.

Thus, with the process of elimination, I would shift my eyes towards Tarkin, Thrawn and Needa, and on a lesser extent Dellus. Do the rest of you agree?

I mostly agree. I have fairly strong town reads on you, for pushing against Jellico and hammering Ozzel, Admiral Motti, since he initiated the lynch against Ozzel, and also Shelby and Yularen, who voted early for Ozzel, when the scum would have no interest to see a bandwagon form. Also on Daala, since the scum seemed very intend on lynching her and it didn't seem like they were throwing her under the bus to me. And on myself of course, and I'm glad we were saved by Lord vader from my mistake yesterday. There are some others I lead town on, but not enough to rely on it.

I have also been somewhat suspicious of the Grand Admiral, and it really doesn't help that he didn't vote for any of the known scum yesterday, and was the first to derail what appeared to him to be a bandwagon on Ozzel (at least that's what he said), accusing them of "behind-the-scenes collusion". You also make good points on Tarkin, who I have also been paying attention to, and Needa, who was not on my radar before.

4 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Sorry for continuing to bring up the subject of why I thought a now confirmed traitorous Jellico was innocent, but I am currently under the microscope and it's my duty to explain myself.

Anyways, yesterday I stated the following which, among other things, I defended Jellico. 

Shortly after, Jellico replied to this. But it felt like he was just copying most of what I said.

I'm not sure if he was pressed for time and that's all he could come up with, but it felt like he had pretty much copied most of what I'd said. This struck me as scummy, and made me rather suspicious of him.

On 3.5.2018 at 4:28 PM, LegoMonorailFan said:

May I ask of you to say what those actions were? 

"Defensive"?

Are there any other suspicious actions Jellico has exhibited that you've noticed but that have escaped me and possibly others?

And yet, you didn't voice those suspicions, but instead continued to defend Jellico. How come?

I am present. As y’all saw on day 1, weekends aren’t great for me but I am following. 

Obviously thrilled with the outcomes so far. I’m interested in a couple things:

1) analyzing the voters on the lynch. I’d assume at least 1 of those voters is scum so I’d like to look more st who voted when. Also, who helped the argument as opposed to who just went along with it. 

2) a few people hedged there votes or switched around, never a good look  

This is where I plan to start from once I have enough time (and my laptop). 

20 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

And yet, you didn't voice those suspicions, but instead continued to defend Jellico. How come?

I'll admit the suspicion was weighing heavy on my mind. I guess In the end I assumed that it wasn't really much of a suspicion in the first place (that or like I said earlier maybe he was pressed for time), and continued on my way.

31 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

I'll admit the suspicion was weighing heavy on my mind. I guess In the end I assumed that it wasn't really much of a suspicion in the first place (that or like I said earlier maybe he was pressed for time), and continued on my way.

Even if the suspicion wasn’t there you still continued to defend Jellico and Ozzel though.

Of the three, who would I vote for if it would insure a lynch for today? Probably Ozzel. Not because I think he's scum, but because if we want a lynch, and these are the only three choices everyone keeps leaning towards, Ozzel is the best choice.”

You think it’s best to vote for Ozzel, but you assert the fact you think he’s not scum, possibly trying to convince others to think the same.

“Ozzel is a helpful member too, but if we must lynch one of these three, he'll give us the most info without causing a serious blow to the town.

But that doesn't mean that I still don't stand by my vote for Piett. Here's a question. What makes Jellico a more appealing lynch than Piett?”

Again, you praise Ozzel, saying he has a helpful member, and then you say Piett might be a better lynch choice, you then defend Jellico again by implying Piett is a better choice.

“I'll vote for Ozzel if it means a lynch. But right now I'm hoping we can lynch Piett since I find him to be a more preferred lynch candidate.”

Yet again, you assert the fact you feel Ozzel is town and Piett is better. You defended both Ozzel and Jellico a lot yesterday, as though you were hoping to get Piett lynched instead. But you kept hovering on Ozzel, so that way if he got lynched (which he eventually did) it would look as though you were leaps against him.

There's not much left for me to say. It boils down to the fact that I was of the opinion that Ozzel and Jellico were innocent, and that Piett was scum. We now know that Ozzel and Jellico were scum, and because of that my opinion of Piett has changed dramatically.

img_0444.jpg

"Yes, Senator Binks, I understand your frustration, but the name of the Death Star was approved by a Senate committee." the Emperor said.

"I understand that, Emperor, but it's unsettling towards my people." the Gungan replied.

"Why aren't you talking like you do in the films?" 

"Do you see George Lucas around? No? Then I don't have to talk like an idiot, do I?"

~~~

Voting is now open! With 13 players, 7 votes are required to lynch. 

3 hours ago, Peanuts said:

I have also been somewhat suspicious of the Grand Admiral, and it really doesn't help that he didn't vote for any of the known scum yesterday, and was the first to derail what appeared to him to be a bandwagon on Ozzel (at least that's what he said), accusing them of "behind-the-scenes collusion". 

I’ll be the first to admit I did not want to lynch Ozzel yesterday for behavior that has been proven time and time again to not be indicative of his alignment. We just got lucky this time and I’m glad I was wrong. 

Did 3 very quick votes appear to me like possible collusion and/or scum jumping on an easy bandwagon? Absolutely. With Ozzel confirmed scum is it more likely I was wrong again and it was merely coincidence? Probably. 

5 hours ago, Sandy said:

Grand Admiral Thrawn/mediumsnowman - He's been very quiet, and was one of the people who pushed my lynch. So he's on list of suspects.

I don’t think this is a fair statement. Sure, I haven’t been as active today as I would like to be, but I have other obligations. Was I not engaged and active in conversation Days 1 and 2?

I also wouldn’t say I pushed your lynch. As I said to Admiral Greer, I had to make a snap decision between you and Jellico, and didn’t have strong reads on either. I just knew we didn’t want to go into today without anything to go on, and you seemed like a better choice since I had no read on you and was leaning town on Jellico after her performance in the Trial. 

I think the best lynch candidate for today would be our very own Moff Tarkin. He really latched on to my unwitting defense of Ozzel, the reasoning for which I explained to Captain Fenton above. It seems to me he was likely one of Ozzel’s teammates and used me to try and steer the lynch away from him, which I fell for hook, line, and sinker.

Vote: Grand Moff Tarkin (LegoMonorailFan)

17 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

*huh* 

@Sandy, for now I wish to offer an apology. :snicker:

I'll be back shortly to discuss these findings with everyone in more detail.

I would also like to offer an apology. I am extremely busy right now, but I have some thoughts that may be useful that I will type later.

5 hours ago, Sandy said:

Apology accepted. :laugh:

I think today's strategy to weed out the remaining scum would be to list the people who are most likely to be loyal. There's much to be learned about how people accused and voted for each other in the past few days.

Grand Moff Tarkin/LegoMonorailFan - He strongly defended Jellico yesterday and even went as far as saying he's 99% sure Ozzel's town. That makes him either a scum or just extremely oblivious. He's currently on top of my list of suspects in any case.
Admiral Piett/Sandy - I'd like to say, in the words of the great Hinckley, that I am "towniest of towns" having been a target of the scum yesterday, but I can only ask that you trust me. 
Admiral Motti/mostlytechnic - He has been very analytical and helpful, and disagreed with Jellico on several occasions, so I'm leaning towards him being town.
Admiral Daala/Rider Raider - She was voted for by both Ozzel and Jellico on both days, so it's safe to say she was an easy target to the scum with her relative quietness. Sure, she voted for me yesterday but I see no reason for her to be anything but town.
Admiral Yularen/KotZ - He has spent time evaluating ways for the town to win, and been an active contributor. I would trust he's town
General Veers/fhomess - He voted for both of the scum yesterday and even though he was inactive on the first day, he started contributing after that. I would see him as town.
Admiral Shelby/Forresto - He did not agree with lynching on Day 1 but was very strongly pushing for Ozzel's voting yesterday. Likely to be town.
Admiral Greer/Tariq j - He has been active and analytical as well, and has done nothing suspicious so he might very well be town.
Colonel Dellus/LegoRacer1 - He's obviously been busy with other things, so it's hard to tell one way or another. So a suspect he remains.
Captain Needa/Khscarymovie4 - He has voted both with the scum and against the scum. He hesitatingly voted for Jellico after his vote on Daala didn't catch wind, and was the only one of Jellico's voters who didn't switch for Ozzel. A suspicious person to say the least.
Captain Komec/jluck - Hasn't said much but he voted for the scum yesterday so he could be town.
Captain Fenton/Peanuts - He's another active officer and voted for both Jellico and Ozzel yesterday. He made a panic move at the end of the day that would've been detrimental for us loyals, but I'm inclined to say it wasn't deliberate. He's a likely townie in my eyes.

Thus, with the process of elimination, I would shift my eyes towards Tarkin, Thrawn and Needa, and on a lesser extent Dellus. Do the rest of you agree?

I'm back, sorry for the abscence everyone. I think your list is pretty good I think after Thrawn's explanation I would move him to the third suspect in the order, starting with Tarkin, then Needa. And at that, I think Tarkin is more of a distant third. Due to this, I choose this:

I'm not meaning to follow Thrawn's lead, but I don't think a scum would cast the first vote of the day on their own team member. It's too risky for the scum to do, especially if there's (estimating based on past games) half of the team left.

Just looked over yesterday. Lots of interesting things. I will sort of copy Piett's strategy of naming everybody as I think it could be very helpful. 

Grand Moff Tarkin - he seems to be getting a lot of slack today, mostly because he never really attacked the two confirmed townies. While I think the 99% town was super wired, I doubt a scum would say that if the person is about to get lynched. To me nothing stands out, but nothing stood out about Ozzel either. 

Grand Admiral Thrawn - now this ones interesting. Something in particular was when 3 people voted for Ozzel in a short time, he said that the situation reeked of a behind the scenes situation. I have worked with Thrawn before and I have never seen him this worried about quick votes. It's off putting to me. Also good to note he voted for none of the scum yesterday, but instead Admiral Piett. 

Director Isard - Rest In Piece. No real thoughts as to why she was killed. Could have been easy target. 

Admiral Piett - I am leaning town on you as you were one of the first people to call out Jellico. 

Admiral Motti - interesting to note you were the first to vote for Ozzel. Nothing seems off to me about you. 

Admiral Daala - yesterday I thought you were the most scummy. But as it turns out both scum wanted you lynched at one point. Definitely leaning town on you. 

Admiral Ozzel - thought he was just being himself but was pleasantly surprised. He seemed to go after Daala alot yesterday making me believe she is town. 

Admiral Yularen - 2nd to vote for Ozzel. Nothing stands out to me. 

General Veers - seemed to go after Jellico yesterday. Interesting to note. 

Admiral Shelby - was 3rd to vote for Ozzel. At this point I could see scum maybe jumping on the vote, but she did go after Ozzel quite a bit yesterday. Seems more town to me. 

Admiral Greer - I remember him going after Jellico yesterday. Nothing suspicious yet. 

Colonel Dellus - I honestly forgot you were here. Anything to say? 

Captain Needa - me, well I know I'm good. I felt Ozzel acted like himself and not to scummy, I was wrong and glad of it. Jellico did strike me as odd contradicting himself in day one and being pretty defensive. Glad I was right on him. Daala seemed the most scummy yesterday as she hadn't even made an accusation or voted when I voted for her. But now that it turns out both scum though she was a good lynch I have changed my mind. 

Captain Kormac - been very quiet, even more then usual. Has me worried a bit. 

Captain Fenton - votes for both scum and pushed hard for a Jellico lynch. Seems like town to me. 

Captain Jellico - glad to see your scum and gone. You went after Daala and Piett yesterday giving me townie vibes from them. 

Out of everyone Thrawn, Dellus, and Kormac worry me the most. The latter two have been very quiet, Kormac is usually very talkative so this is very odd to me. Thrawn has been a bit quieter then usual, and his comment about 3 people voting for Ozzel in a short amount of time is not like his past self. 

Vote: Grand Admiral Thrawn (mediumsnowman) 

8 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

I have worked with Thrawn before and I have never seen him this worried about quick votes...

Thrawn has been a bit quieter then usual, and his comment about 3 people voting for Ozzel in a short amount of time is not like his past self. 

Vote: Grand Admiral Thrawn (mediumsnowman) 

I don’t understand why I’m getting flak today for being “quiet” 

I was plenty active the first two days and made it clear I wouldn’t be around as much today due to other obligations. My hurried vote and snap decision between Jellico and Piett that has sparked so much discussion is very much a result of that. 

I’ve very much been wary of quick-forming bandwagons in the past. Not sure where that point is coming from. Think I called one out in Brickywood, though it may have been a different game. They kind of blur together after a while. :blush:

2 hours ago, Bob said:

"Do you see George Lucas around? No? Then I don't have to talk like an idiot, do I?"

Ah, glad that there may be hope for that race yet....

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

I'm not meaning to follow Thrawn's lead, but I don't think a scum would cast the first vote of the day on their own team member. It's too risky for the scum to do, especially if there's (estimating based on past games) half of the team left.

Really? What better way to hide? And I'm saying that as someone who's now generally considered loyal after how yesterday went.... if I WERE scum you bet I'd start early votes on my teammates, knowing there was time to swing it around. I shouldn't be townread because I started the voting on ozzel - I should be townread because I stuck to it all the way to the end and didn't get swayed off of my suspicions. 

6 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

We only have your word that you were doubting your votes, and that's nothing compared to the way you fervently defended both Ozzel and Jellico yesterday. Even now you're trying to cover that up and explain it away, but it just feels so transparent.

I don't think there's any better option today but to...

Vote: Grand Moff Tarkin/LegoMonorailFan

6 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Pretty generous of you to assume Jellico was just pressed for time, when you were suspicious. The only thing I see in your favor is that you said you were 99% Ozzel was town, even after he already had enough votes for a lynch. Conventional wisdom suggests scum wouldn't do that, but of course that takes us into WIFOM territory.

35 minutes ago, Sandy said:

We only have your word that you were doubting your votes, and that's nothing compared to the way you fervently defended both Ozzel and Jellico yesterday. Even now you're trying to cover that up and explain it away, but it just feels so transparent.

I think our Grand Admiral is as good an option to lynch as the Grand Moff. Still, I'll

I have sat back a bit to see what might happen. I did read through some of the past few days and Tarkin seems to have defended traitors. He was one he pushed for a no-vote on day 1, if I am not mistaken.

Vote: Grand Moff Tarkin (legomonorailfan)

Wow, this is quite a run on Tarkin. So... who among them is a traitor? Or is he? I'm not convinced yet. 

I feel Tarkin has somewhat dug himself a hole here, he found Jellico's post suspicious...  and then he didn't. I've already stated my thoughts and case against him. His floundering on Ozzel also confused me, he kept saying Ozzel would me a good lynch, but then he kept defending him as well. Almost like he was trying to prepare for either outcome. I do find it a little worrying as to how quickly the bandwagon has formed, Thrawn and Captain Felton and myself had made points against Tarkin, but there seem to be some Sheepish votes as well with no concrete reasoning. 

The speed on which we’ve come to a decision about the lynch worries me. I also find Tarkin the most suspicious, so I will Vote: Grand Moff Tarkin (legomonorailfan), but I feel like coming to a conclusion this early is robbing us of discussion.

Hmm. As others have said, thus seems to be the same thing that happened yesterday with a quick run of votes. Dellus, Fenton, and Daala all stand out as bandwagon-y to me. Doing damage control mode after losing two teammates in the last day? 

Well, there's the 7 votes needed. So what next? I think Daala might be right that we're going to waste a lot of hours now. But then, there's a bunch of us who haven't voted yet - not enough to change the lynch (unless one of the 7 changes) but enough to make some discussion that should be fruitful on day 4. 

Well it looks like I've gathered a following since my absence. I'll be with you shortly.

Just now, LegoMonorailFan said:

Well it looks like I've gathered a following since my absence. I'll be with you shortly.

Please do, I certainly look forward to it. 

6 minutes ago, mediumsnowman said:

Hmm. As others have said, thus seems to be the same thing that happened yesterday with a quick run of votes. Dellus, Fenton, and Daala all stand out as bandwagon-y to me. Doing damage control mode after losing two teammates in the last day? 

Care to elaborate? I have both Fenton and Daala in my notes as lame reasoning on their votes, but I thought Delius at least tried to have a reason. 

1 hour ago, LegoRacer1 said:

I have sat back a bit to see what might happen. I did read through some of the past few days and Tarkin seems to have defended traitors. He was one he pushed for a no-vote on day 1, if I am not mistaken.

14 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

Care to elaborate? I have both Fenton and Daala in my notes as lame reasoning on their votes, but I thought Delius at least tried to have a reason. 

“Sat back to see what might happen” is never a good excuse for inactivity. That just seems like seeing where the lynch ends up and tagging along. The note Tarkin wanted a no-lynch Day 1 is a good observation, but I don’t think it’s indicative of alignment either way. 

“He defended traitors” is just parroting what others have said, and nobody argues that he didn’t want either lynched. The question is rather or not he knew they were traitors when he defended them. It’s similar to my situation, where I argued against Ozzel’s lynch and voted for Jellico in a snap decision that didn’t work out. I provided good reasons for my behavior, and Tarkin’s explanations have come up lacking. It’s a matter of intent, not whether or not he defended them. Nobody is arguing that. 

Dellus just seems like a middle-of-the-road bandwagon vote with weak reasoning and worse execution.

I want to say right off the bat that whether I get lynched today, tomorrow, or whenever, it will happen eventually. So because of that I think the best thing the town could do is lynch me today so I'm out off the way and not something that the traitors can use as a distraction later on. And you don't have to worry about accidentally lynching a doctor, blocker, etc. I'm just a plain old townie.

But that doesn't mean that discussion for today should take a dive simply because a lynch choice has been decided upon. So please, continue.

3 hours ago, Sandy said:

I wouldn't say I "fervently" defended Ozzel and Jellico. My "fervent" defense was that I thought Ozzel was just being Ozzel , and that Jellico was catching more slack than his behaviour warranted. And to top it all off, you were one of the head pursuers for lynching Ozzel and Jellico. And because I was suspicious of you at the time, it furthered my belief that Ozzel and Jellico were innocent.

50 minutes ago, mediumsnowman said:

There's definitely some bandwagoners among those voting for me.