Bob

Imperial Officers Mafia - Day Three

officersbanner.png

Day Three: A New Hope?

img_0471.jpg

Captain Jellico / Lady K was sitting in the "big chair" in the conference room, day dreaming about one day sitting here for real.

"Wow, this is great!"

img_0472.jpg

Turning away, Jellico failed to notice a scout trooper with a Fabuland axe enter the room.

img_0473.jpg

With a swing, the axe fell on the captain's head, severing it from the rest of his body, and creating a large mess.

"Gosh, what a violent kill. I'll be sure to not use this next time." 

img_0474.jpg

The next morning, Lord Vader addressed the officers after the NPC doctor failed to resuscitate the poor captain.

"I have very good news. Admiral Ozzel / Actor Builder was a Traitor! In addition, Captain Jellico / Lady K was a Traitor as well. Keep up the good work.

~~~

List of Characters (13):
tarkin.jpg
Grand Moff Tarkin - Played by: LegoMonorailFan
thrawn.jpg
Grand Admiral Thrawn - Played by: mediumsnowman
piett.jpg
Admiral Piett - Played by: Sandy
motti.jpg
Admiral Motti - Played by: mostlytechnic
daala.jpg
Admiral Daala - Played by: Rider Raider
yularen.jpg
Admiral Yularen - Played by: KotZ
veers.jpg
General Veers - Played by: fhomess
shelby.jpg
Admiral Shelby - Played by: Forresto
greer.jpg
Admiral Greer - Played by: Tariq j 
dellus.jpg
Colonel Dellus - Played by: LegoRacer1
needa.jpg
Captain Needa - Played by: Khscarymovie4
komec.jpg
Captain Komec - Played by: jluck
fenton.jpg
Captain Fenton - Played by: Peanuts

Gone but not forgotten:
isard.jpg
Director Isard - Played by: Kintobor (Loyalist)
ozzel.jpg
Admiral Ozzel - Played by: Actor Builder (Traitor)
jellico.jpg
Captain Jellico - Played by: Lady K (Traitor)

Reserves:

1) the imperial reporter

Rules:

1) Every player has received their own character. You are either a Loyalist or a Traitor. The town need to eliminate the scum and the scum need to outnumber the town. Any third party characters have their own win conditions. 

2) Every day you will be able to vote for a player. Voting should be done as so: Vote: Character (Player). Unvoting is to be done in the same fashion: Unvote: Character (Player). A majority vote is required to lynch a player. You must vote every day, or you'll receive some sort of devious punishment.

3) A game day will last 72 hours, but if a unanimous vote is acheived after the 48 hour mark and the day thread goes quiet, the day may end early to my discresion. You may not vote within the first 24 hours of the day. Once the day is over, you will have 24 hours to send in a night action if this applies to you. Nights will last at most 48 hours, but it usually won't and I'm just saying that so nobody faults me if I'm late. You may not talk about the game outside of the day thread.

4) The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5) You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6) You are encouraged to role-play in this game. I've provided a role for you to expand upon if you wish. With that being said, please try not to post out of character in the game thread. You may PM other players, but do so at your own risk.

7) If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances.

8) Don't edit your posts.

9) You must post in every day thread.

10) Try to be nice to your fellow players. It's a game on a LEGO forum.

11) Violation of your first rule will result in a 5-vote penalty and your second violation will result in your death!

Two dead traitors and all loyalists alive and kicking? So both the vigilante and whoever prevented the scum kill did a great job. Glad to know Jellico was scum, and even Ozzel, even though I didn't think so. That's going to be useful for voting patterns.

Excellent news! My instincts on Jellico were right, and I am really glad that we hit themark with Ozzel as well - so thanks to the people who convinced the rest of lynching him.

I hope this puts a the target off of my back at least somewhat, since it should feel incredulous that I secretly worked with both Jellico and Ozzel, doesn't it?

I am sure I'm not off the hook completely, but it's hard now to find the remaining scum as it is. If you still want to vote me out because of "scummy behaviour" yesterday, I urge you to look deeper and see who were trying to pull the strings towards lynching me yesterday instead.

That's what I will be focusing on today.

Wow. Don’t think we could have asked for a better outcome.

I’m pleasantly surprised about Ozzel, I admit I had my reservations about the lynch. I guess it just goes on to prove that his behavior is really not a tell either way. 

I don’t know why the scum wouldn’t kill last night, so maybe our blocker or doc got lucky. Contact someone you trust?

I’m afraid other obligations in distant reaches of the galaxy may force me to be less involved today than I have been, but we are making excellent progress in rounding up the last of the traitors. 

Analyzing Jellico’s contributions should also prove fruitful. I find it intriguing he was one of the last few hammer votes on Ozzel, and we may not have had a lynch without him. Maybe they didn’t know they were teammates? 

Woo! Good job everyone. 

Just now, mediumsnowman said:

Analyzing Jellico’s contributions should also prove fruitful. I find it intriguing he was one of the last few hammer votes on Ozzel, and we may not have had a lynch without him. Maybe they didn’t know they were teammates? 

Or did Lord Vader's end of the day timing screw the traitors royally? It could have been a planned thing to have Ozzel being lynched, claim vig at the last minute, and Fenton switch vote from Ozzel to Jellico to save them both while still looking loyal when either flipped scum later? 

I definitely plan to dig into the Ozzel/Fenton/Jellico interactions later.... 

And yes, whoever the doc is, you likely saved a loyal townie last night. Or a blocker did... so if we have a blocker, keep in mind there's probably a 50% chance that whoever you blocked is a traitor. IF you have some way to get that info out, it'd be useful. But at this point, probably not worth sacrificing yourself if you don't have a trusted method of communicating with others. And doc, there's high chance that whoever you protected is loyal. Both by numbers and by the 50% chance you saved their life, meaning they would have to be loyal. So same with you, if you have a way to share, that's useful info. Again, not worth sacrificing yourself over. 

The more I think about it, the blocker's actions are ALMOST worth revealing him/herself over. Not quite, but close. If they had a way to be 100% sure their target was scum, that would (IMHO) be worth outing themselves. But since they don't know whether they saved someone or the doc did, I wouldn't reveal myself yet if I were them. 

3 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

Or did Lord Vader's end of the day timing screw the traitors royally? It could have been a planned thing to have Ozzel being lynched, claim vig at the last minute, and Fenton switch vote from Ozzel to Jellico to save them both while still looking loyal when either flipped scum later? 

This makes more sense, I think, than the “unknown teammates” theory, though it does seem overly complex and timing-dependent with high-risk high-reward outcomes for the traitors.

Fenton was under suspicion Day 1, but managed to deflect conversation to Ozzel/Daala/Piett/Jellico Day 2. He may be one of the traitors we are looking for. 

28 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

Woo! Good job everyone. 

Assuming I was a traitor, why would I vote for Ozzel in the first place? I changed my vote yesterday because we were split among three candidates and it seemed to me like the day would end without a lynch again. If I was scum I could just keep my my vote on Jellico. I intended to change my vote because I thought scum would never claim to be a vigilante, since the real vigilante would kill them in the following night.

25 minutes ago, mediumsnowman said:

This makes more sense, I think, than the “unknown teammates” theory, though it does seem overly complex and timing-dependent with high-risk high-reward outcomes for the traitors.

Fenton was under suspicion Day 1, but managed to deflect conversation to Ozzel/Daala/Piett/Jellico Day 2. He may be one of the traitors we are looking for. 

Well, if Vader had not cut off voting at the correct time (most leaders I've scum hunted for don't watch the clock so closely....) then they'd have saved BOTH Ozzel and Jellico from lynching, stuck us with a second no-lynch day, and Fenton would have been able to claim later that he was super townie when either Ozzel or Jellico flipped scum, since the vote move was based on a PR claim and therefore quite reasonable. That is of course, based on the idea that Fenton is a traitor as well. With one about to get lynched, why not go for the high-risk high-reward option? 

15 minutes ago, LegoRacer1 said:

Well that's a great night! What's the average amount of traitors in a game?

Starting with 16 of us, I'd expect 4 or so. The Monster School had 4 in 14, Brickywood had 4 in 18. Trial by Jury had 2 scum teams of 2 each in 14.

Just now, Peanuts said:

Assuming I was a traitor, why would I vote for Ozzel in the first place? I changed my vote yesterday because we were split among three candidates and it seemed to me like the day would end without a lynch again. If I was scum I could just keep my my vote on Jellico. I intended to change my vote because I thought scum would never claim to be a vigilante, since the real vigilante would kill them in the following night.

I will grant that is a reasonable alternate explanation. Yes, scum claiming vig is a crazy claim for exactly the reason you say. The real vig wouldn't even have to wait, they could have killed Ozzel last night (although that'd be risky, since the scum would have any track/watch/etc ability they have pointed at Ozzel to catch the real vig). But the scum team could have 1. gambled that Isard was the vig since there was no night 1 kill or 2. have a watcher and claimed vig specifically to try and catch the real one, since Ozzel would have been busted soon anyway.

39 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

I will grant that is a reasonable alternate explanation. Yes, scum claiming vig is a crazy claim for exactly the reason you say. The real vig wouldn't even have to wait, they could have killed Ozzel last night (although that'd be risky, since the scum would have any track/watch/etc ability they have pointed at Ozzel to catch the real vig). But the scum team could have 1. gambled that Isard was the vig since there was no night 1 kill or 2. have a watcher and claimed vig specifically to try and catch the real one, since Ozzel would have been busted soon anyway.

I don't think the absence of a vig kill on Day One could ever imply it was Isard, I think it's normal for vigilantes not to kill on the first day, and usually the best option. True, it's possible that Ozzel claimed vig if the scum have a watcher, at least I can't think of a better explanation.

36 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

I don't think the absence of a vig kill on Day One could ever imply it was Isard, I think it's normal for vigilantes not to kill on the first day, and usually the best option. True, it's possible that Ozzel claimed vig if the scum have a watcher, at least I can't think of a better explanation.

I don't think Isard was the vig either - obviously not since we had a kill last night, but even without it, no, the lack of night 1 vig kill is not an indication like you said. But that doesn't mean the scum might not try to play as if it was true. 

Wow! That was the most incredible stroke of luck we’ve had. Good job on the Vig for killing Jellico, I knew there was something not right about her. 

45 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

A cig choosing not to kill would be the most likely option, or the Vig can only kill on even numbered nights. If you are the blocker, I would definitely advise blocking the same person, because if there’s no scum kill again, chances are that person is probably scum. 

4 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

I don't think Isard was the vig either - obviously not since we had a kill last night, but even without it, no, the lack of night 1 vig kill is not an indication like you said. But that doesn't mean the scum might not try to play as if it was true. 

Yes, I obviously know you didn't believe that, but your first theory hinges on the scum on day two believing Isard had been the vig, which I think is an unreasonable assumption to make. Of course, maybe Ozzel just didn't have a good reason to claim vig, and it was just desparation, as Piett said yesterday.

AHA!

I knew Ozzel was off and I'm glad I stuck to my gut and helped hold him to the fire.

Thank you to every loyal officer for taking a chance in yesterdays vote and most importantly let's not get complacent. 

We lucked out, big time. Especially with only one town death in three days. 

The surviving traitor/traitors amongst us will be in full survival mode and employ every trick they can muster.

They will attempt to divide us and get us to vote one of our own out today.

Right now we hold the advantage and as a result are the greatest threat to our con tinting survival.

Very very exciting day for the town! I thought Ozzel seemed more town but was pleasantly surprised to see him flip scum. I started to suspect Jellico yesterday so to see that I was right makes me feel good. 

Final Vote Count:
Admiral Ozzel/Actor Builder - 8 (mostlytechnic, KotZ, Forresto, jluck, Sandy, Tariq j, Peanuts, fhomess)
Admiral Piett/Sandy - 4 (LegoMonorailFan, Rider Raider, Lady K, mediumsnowman)
Admiral Daala/Rider Raider - 1 (Actor Builder)
Captain Jellico/Lady K - 1 (Khscarymovie4)
Colonel Dellus/LegoRacer1 - 5 (penalty)

Interesting to note Jellico voted for Piett and Ozzel voted for Daala. I will look back the last two days to see if anything note worthy happened from the two confirmed traitors happened. 

Having looked back at yesterday’s voting patterns there is something about Grand Admiral Thrawn I find interesting:

“Assuming Jellico’s vote count is correct and we have less than 24 hours left, in the interest of securing a lynch and not repeating Day 1, I’ll

Unvote: Admiral Motti (MT)

Vote: Admira Daala (Rider Raider)

in the hope that we’ll have something to go off of tomorrow, and I find the case against Daala more compelling than the case against Ozzel.

Is this bandwagoning? Maybe. I don’t feel strongly about Daala, but spinning our wheels for the second day in a row would give the traitors a huge advantage and put us in a very bad position goin forward”

Firstly he unvotes for Motti, and votes for Daala, who already has votes on her, note he also disagrees about lynching Ozzel as he finds Daala’s vote more compelling.

“I’m pressed for time at the moment and likely won’t be able to come online again before the end of the day. I think Daala would be the best and I don’t like the Ozzel train. If it would help I’d rather go for Piett than Jellico

unvote Rider Raider vote: Sandy (Piett)

please accept my hurried vote I’m trying to walk out the door”

He then unvotes for Daala and then votes for Piett, feeling he is a better case, he also states he finds Piett a better case than Jellico, now I’m not saying that everytime someone inadvertently defends a traitor they’re scum, but I do find it interesting that Thrawn avoided for two scum players, and ended up voting for others he found better cases. 

12 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

Having looked back at yesterday’s voting patterns there is something about Grand Admiral Thrawn I find interesting:

“Assuming Jellico’s vote count is correct and we have less than 24 hours left, in the interest of securing a lynch and not repeating Day 1, I’ll

Unvote: Admiral Motti (MT)

Vote: Admira Daala (Rider Raider)

in the hope that we’ll have something to go off of tomorrow, and I find the case against Daala more compelling than the case against Ozzel.

Is this bandwagoning? Maybe. I don’t feel strongly about Daala, but spinning our wheels for the second day in a row would give the traitors a huge advantage and put us in a very bad position goin forward”

Firstly he unvotes for Motti, and votes for Daala, who already has votes on her, note he also disagrees about lynching Ozzel as he finds Daala’s vote more compelling.

“I’m pressed for time at the moment and likely won’t be able to come online again before the end of the day. I think Daala would be the best and I don’t like the Ozzel train. If it would help I’d rather go for Piett than Jellico

unvote Rider Raider vote: Sandy (Piett)

please accept my hurried vote I’m trying to walk out the door”

He then unvotes for Daala and then votes for Piett, feeling he is a better case, he also states he finds Piett a better case than Jellico, now I’m not saying that everytime someone inadvertently defends a traitor they’re scum, but I do find it interesting that Thrawn avoided for two scum players, and ended up voting for others he found better cases. 

•  

As I’ve said a few times I agree this looks bad on my part, when you just boil it down to “he avoided voting for Ozzel and Jellico.” 

In reality it’s a lot more nuanced than that. Ozzel threw us all for a loop and I was wary of lynching him for what has been proven time and time again to not be indicative of his alignment. I’m glad it worked in our favor this time, however.

As for the Jellico/Piett split, as you can see, I did not have time to properly analyze each as I had been mostly focused on the Daala/Ozzel discussion and was quite literally walking out the door.

I didn’t have a strong read on either, but knew we needed a lynch, and honestly Jellico’s behavior yesterday reminded me of her gameplay in Tria by Jury, where she was town. That left Piett to vote for since Daala was nowhere near close enough to lynch or justify leaving my vote on when the final vote ended up being so slim. 

It looks bad on my part when you don’t consider all the factors involved, especially in my rushed vote at the end.

Sorry for being late. This is fantastic news! I'm glad people came around and voted for Ozzel after there was that back and forth we had about it. I don't have time right now to say more, but I'll be back in a few hours to deal out thoughts.

Wow, this is great! 2 scum down. I didn’t find either of them very suspicious, but I’m glad that I was wrong.

Captain Needa posted day 2’s day count already, so here’s day 1’s with it for further vote analysis.

51 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Final Vote Count:
Admiral Ozzel/Actor Builder- 8 (mostlytechnic, KotZ, Forresto, jluck, Sandy, Tariq j, Peanuts, fhomess)
Admiral Piett/Sandy - 4 (LegoMonorailFan, Rider Raider, Lady K, mediumsnowman)
Admiral Daala/Rider Raider - 1 (Actor Builder)
Captain Jellico/Lady K - 1 (Khscarymovie4)
Colonel Dellus/LegoRacer1 - 5 (penalty)

Final Vote Count:

Admiral Daala/Rider Raider - 1 (Lady K)
Grand Moff Tarkin/LegoMonorailFan - 2 (KotZ, LegoRacer1)
Captain Fenton/Peanuts - 2 (LegoMonorailFan, Khscarymovie4)
Colonel Dellus/LegoRacer - 3 (Forresto, Actor Builder, Tariq j)
Admiral Shelby/Forresto - 3 (Peanuts, mediumsnowman, Sandy)
Admiral Piett/Sandy - 2 (Kintobor, Rider Raider)
Admiral Yularen/KotZ - 1 (fhomess)
Admiral Komec/jluck - 6 (mostlytechnic, penalty)

These scum votes seem very spread out, the only time I can recall that they both were voting on the same target was when they both voted for me day 2. These votes don’t seem very informative to me, but if anyone else can find anything from it, please share.

*huh* 

@Sandy, for now I wish to offer an apology. :snicker:

I'll be back shortly to discuss these findings with everyone in more detail.

Some quick thoughts on Ozzel and Jelico.

Ozzel is Ozzel. I just think we got lucky this time and it turned out he was a traitor.

Jellico? I felt he was innocent because IMO he was being unfairly singled out for being "defensive". Now if course that can be a scum trait, but because Piett was among those accusing Jellico, and because I was extremely suspicious of Piett, this made me feel that Jellico was innocent.

Speaking of Piett, with the recent events that have taken place, I think it's fair to say that for now Piett isn't on today's chopping block. I still have my suspicions though.

8 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

Sounds risky, but like others have stated, high-risk high-rewards.

Man, there's nothing like catching two traitors at once.  Awesome night!

Hopefully our blocker and/or protector have someone they trust they can start sharing some information with.  

3 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Jellico? I felt he was innocent because IMO he was being unfairly singled out for being "defensive". Now if course that can be a scum trait, but because Piett was among those accusing Jellico, and because I was extremely suspicious of Piett, this made me feel that Jellico was innocent.

Hmm... are you trying to put up a preemptive defense here?

10 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

*huh* 

@Sandy, for now I wish to offer an apology. :snicker:

Apology accepted. :laugh:

I think today's strategy to weed out the remaining scum would be to list the people who are most likely to be loyal. There's much to be learned about how people accused and voted for each other in the past few days.

Grand Moff Tarkin/LegoMonorailFan - He strongly defended Jellico yesterday and even went as far as saying he's 99% sure Ozzel's town. That makes him either a scum or just extremely oblivious. He's currently on top of my list of suspects in any case.
Grand Admiral Thrawn/mediumsnowman - He's been very quiet, and was one of the people who pushed my lynch. So he's on list of suspects.
Admiral Piett/Sandy - I'd like to say, in the words of the great Hinckley, that I am "towniest of towns" having been a target of the scum yesterday, but I can only ask that you trust me. 
Admiral Motti/mostlytechnic - He has been very analytical and helpful, and disagreed with Jellico on several occasions, so I'm leaning towards him being town.
Admiral Daala/Rider Raider - She was voted for by both Ozzel and Jellico on both days, so it's safe to say she was an easy target to the scum with her relative quietness. Sure, she voted for me yesterday but I see no reason for her to be anything but town.
Admiral Yularen/KotZ - He has spent time evaluating ways for the town to win, and been an active contributor. I would trust he's town
General Veers/fhomess - He voted for both of the scum yesterday and even though he was inactive on the first day, he started contributing after that. I would see him as town.
Admiral Shelby/Forresto - He did not agree with lynching on Day 1 but was very strongly pushing for Ozzel's voting yesterday. Likely to be town.
Admiral Greer/Tariq j - He has been active and analytical as well, and has done nothing suspicious so he might very well be town.
Colonel Dellus/LegoRacer1 - He's obviously been busy with other things, so it's hard to tell one way or another. So a suspect he remains.
Captain Needa/Khscarymovie4 - He has voted both with the scum and against the scum. He hesitatingly voted for Jellico after his vote on Daala didn't catch wind, and was the only one of Jellico's voters who didn't switch for Ozzel. A suspicious person to say the least.
Captain Komec/jluck - Hasn't said much but he voted for the scum yesterday so he could be town.
Captain Fenton/Peanuts - He's another active officer and voted for both Jellico and Ozzel yesterday. He made a panic move at the end of the day that would've been detrimental for us loyals, but I'm inclined to say it wasn't deliberate. He's a likely townie in my eyes.

Thus, with the process of elimination, I would shift my eyes towards Tarkin, Thrawn and Needa, and on a lesser extent Dellus. Do the rest of you agree?

11 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

As I’ve said a few times I agree this looks bad on my part, when you just boil it down to “he avoided voting for Ozzel and Jellico.” 

In reality it’s a lot more nuanced than that. Ozzel threw us all for a loop and I was wary of lynching him for what has been proven time and time again to not be indicative of his alignment. I’m glad it worked in our favor this time, however.

As for the Jellico/Piett split, as you can see, I did not have time to properly analyze each as I had been mostly focused on the Daala/Ozzel discussion and was quite literally walking out the door.

I didn’t have a strong read on either, but knew we needed a lynch, and honestly Jellico’s behavior yesterday reminded me of her gameplay in Tria by Jury, where she was town. That left Piett to vote for since Daala was nowhere near close enough to lynch or justify leaving my vote on when the final vote ended up being so slim. 

It looks bad on my part when you don’t consider all the factors involved, especially in my rushed vote at the end.

Fair enough, Ozzel I can kind of understand since, without trying to meta game to much, his style has been like this in other meetings so this behaviour didn’t seem to out of the ordinary. 

I felt Jellico was a bit more reserved than her previous netting’s which is part of the reason I suspected her though. But I get you were ina rush with that vote change.

12 hours ago, Rider Raider said:

Admiral Daala/Rider Raider - 1 (Lady K)
Grand Moff Tarkin/LegoMonorailFan - 2 (KotZ, LegoRacer1)
Captain Fenton/Peanuts - 2 (LegoMonorailFan, Khscarymovie4)
Colonel Dellus/LegoRacer - 3 (Forresto, Actor Builder, Tariq j)
Admiral Shelby/Forresto - 3 (Peanuts, mediumsnowman, Sandy)
Admiral Piett/Sandy - 2 (Kintobor, Rider Raider)
Admiral Yularen/KotZ - 1 (fhomess)
Admiral Komec/jluck - 6 (mostlytechnic, penalty)

These scum votes seem very spread out, the only time I can recall that they both were voting on the same target was when they both voted for me day 2. These votes don’t seem very informative to me, but if anyone else can find anything from it, please share.

Looking at yesterday’s vote, I’d say there’s at least one other scum in the Ozzel lynch, possibly even two. Both Jellico and Ozzek were amongst the 4 lynch candidates so when I have the time a bit later I want to go over the Holorecordings to see exactly who said what. 

Day One is harder since the votes are so spread out, a couple of things to note though, Captain Jellico kept her vote on Daala, which I guess makes Darla look Town, but then maybe that’s what they want us to think :laugh:, this is where WIFOM gets complicated!

6 hours ago, fhomess said:

Hmm... are you trying to put up a preemptive defense here?

I was simply explaining my reasoning for believing that Jellico was innocent because Jellico was being scrutinized by someone that I was highly suspicious of at The time.

6 hours ago, fhomess said:

Oh and about the "I'm 99% sure Ozzel is town" thing, that was just an exaggerated hunch, but I also stated that it was better than nothing. How wrong I was! :laugh: