Here is a quick summary of a previous post.

Right now I'm planning on a new project and I could use some help.

It's a 1:8 scale model of Lexus' LC coupe powered by Lego Mindstorms EV3.

Currently, I have the rear axle built off the instructions from the Porsche 911 GT3 RS set.

tl3FDLw.jpg

I also made the engine for the LC500 on Lego Digital Designer and I am wondering if it is good enough to buy the pieces for it on BrickLink.

4TMN5r5.png

I also want to add the following features:

• Four or six-speed paddle-shift transmission
  • Retractable spoiler
  • Detailed interior
  • Fake V8 engine (but I would like to achieve moving pistons)
  • Full independent suspension

I would welcome some helpful comments about the V8 engine, axles, and the gearbox I planned to use before I order pieces on BL.

Thank you.

Just saying, you should have posted this on last topic.

It's a start, build for yourself and when people want to, they will comment.

I would say start working on the chassis now, then I can give feedback. Right now it is a Porsche rear axle.

Spoiler

Also, please don't PM people to comment on your builds again :thumbdown:.

@Aventador2004 I understand how you feel. I was just upset about the website because I used to get a decent amount of replies per post and now I usually get one per post. Maybe everyone else on the community is too busy. Lots of the big builders even make one comment per week.

Anyways, I got some progress with the engine on LDD but I feel like that the cover doesn't look like the one on the actual car.

I'll try spicing it up soon and then I'll post the picture of the finished product. :classic:

O0X3lXS.png

On 5/5/2018 at 11:18 PM, StudRobotics said:

@Aventador2004 I understand how you feel. I was just upset about the website because I used to get a decent amount of replies per post and now I usually get one per post. Maybe everyone else on the community is too busy. Lots of the big builders even make one comment per week.

Don’t build for the  recognition, build because you enjoy it.

Edited by Milan
Removed part where you call another member out.

On 5/6/2018 at 2:32 AM, Bartybum said:

Don’t build for the  recognition, build because you enjoy it.

Building Lego is a passion of mine and I enjoy sharing it with people who feel the same. I don't care about the recognition.

Here's the final model of the engine. I'll be ordering it on Bricklink along with some half-beams to build Didumos' PDK transmission.

2uxhbc4.png2018-Lexus-LC-500-engine-01.jpg

2 hours ago, StudRobotics said:

I don't care about the recognition.

“I was just upset about the website because I used to get a decent amount of replies per post and now I usually get one.” You pretty much contradicted yourself with two comments. *huh*

From what I can see you reposted the topic to get more people to comment on it.

Anyways, I’m curious to see what you’ll do with the build

Edited by Bartybum

@Bartybum Let's stick to the model.

@StudRobotics Why are you doing this again? Why opening another topic for the same WIP model, and using the very same pictures? I have already asked you before not to create new topics for the same model.

I recommend waiting with the engine detail until you have the chassis work and claddings for at least the front of the car - it should be much more important to get the body work right than the engine cover (at least in my opinion) and should save you money on parts that you might not need.

By the way. Is there a reason why you are building the V8 (which in the real car has a 10 speed AT Aisin gearbox) rather than the hybrid?

The V6 hybrid has a 4 speed AT gearbox + eCVT, which seems almost ideal for a Minstorms build. With this version you can use two motors + differential to recreate the eCVT and then you just need to make a 4 speed sequential gearbox.

On 5/8/2018 at 7:38 AM, Lasse D said:

I recommend waiting with the engine detail until you have the chassis work and claddings for at least the front of the car - it should be much more important to get the body work right than the engine cover (at least in my opinion) and should save you money on parts that you might not need.

By the way. Is there a reason why you are building the V8 (which in the real car has a 10 speed AT Aisin gearbox) rather than the hybrid?

The V6 hybrid has a 4 speed AT gearbox + eCVT, which seems almost ideal for a Minstorms build. With this version you can use two motors + differential to recreate the eCVT and then you just need to make a 4 speed sequential gearbox.

Thanks for the feedback. I believe that for this build that I'm going to combine features both on the LC500 and 500h, but call it a LC500. Overall, I'm going to build a hybrid-style chassis with a 4-speed transmission, and that replica fake V8 I ordered the pieces for under the hood.

Just came back from vacation yesterday (it was only for two nights, but it was fun) and finished the front axle and steering. It took me many tries to build and I finally got the result I was looking for. There is also a picture of the brick-built engine I made about a week ago.

TSZtZeN.jpgcSsbvpW.jpgVlApOfs.jpgI5E2EFQ.jpg