MKJoshA

May 2018: Star Wars Epic Re-creation Contest

May the 4th be with you! It's that time of year again and we are hosting another Star Wars contest. Over the years there have been a lot of really good Star Wars video games. One example is Force Unleashed 2:

star-wars-force-unleashed-ii-7.jpg

For this contest you must re-create a moment from a Star Wars video game. Like this:

Force Unleashed 2

Artistic license is allowed, but the closer to picture-perfect-accuracy the better!

There are no size limitations, but you must include a screenshot with your Lego MOC. The screen-shot does not have to be your own (but kudos to those who do take their own screenshot!). If you use one from someone else, please credit them.

Rules

• Only one entry is allowed per person.
  • There is no maximum or minimum size limit.
  • At least two pictures must be submitted with each entry. The first picture should be the screenshot from the Star Wars video game you choose. The second should be your Lego re-creation.
  • The contest will run from 4th May to 4th June, 2018. As long as it's still June 4th somewhere in the world, you can still enter.
  • Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified.
  • There must be at least 10 entries for anyone to be eligible for prizes. If there are fewer than 10 entries, there will still be prizes, they will just not be the same as are listed in the prizes section.
  • This contest is open to all EB members, even if they joined EB after the contest has begun, with the exception of the Star Wars staff, who are not eligible to win prizes.
  • All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to being entered in the contest. You may be asked by a staff member to change your entry if it is too similar to an earlier creation.
  • All entries must be built from real LEGO. No clone brands, no third-party custom parts. Digital entries will be allowed. All digital entries must use only existing pieces in existing colors.
  • All entries must be posted as a new topic in the Watto’s Junkyard forum, the title prefixed by, "[Re-creation] - entry name". (For example, "[Re-creation] – Taking Out the AT-ST".) A link must also be included in this thread for your entry to count.
  • You may do a 'full-blown photo edit' with all the text, effects, background compositing, support erasing, and other effects on one picture. All your other pictures may have no editing other than color adjustment or background removal for a solid-color background. For obvious reasons, any photo editing that changes the shape, functionality, or color (not tint or adjustment, but actual color) of a LEGO piece is prohibited. It is also prohibited to use the Lego logo in any picture.
  • All entries are considered WIPs (Works In Progress) until the deadline passes. Until the deadline has passed, you are allowed to change and improve your MOC.
  • The winners will be decided by EB members voting.

Prizes

• First place will win 751212 Kessel Run Millennium Falcon
  • Second place will win 75211 TIE Fighter
  • Third place will win 75204 Sandspeeder

I like this! Now just to decide what game I want to do...

So question, does the creation have to be from gameplay, or can it be from game cinematics?

5 hours ago, Artizan said:

So question, does the creation have to be from gameplay, or can it be from game cinematics?

From cinematics is fine

Good thing I got an idea of which game I'm choosing for this contest. (It's 'Jedi Academy').

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

I have the feeling this will be the best Star Wars contest in a while. I can’t wait to build a entry and see the others.

Would a scene from a non-campaign game work? Like, just something from a regular battle in one of the Battlefront games?

19 hours ago, Graham Gidman said:

Would a scene from a non-campaign game work? Like, just something from a regular battle in one of the Battlefront games?

Battlefront is certainly allowed. As long as you can provide a screenshot, it doesn't matter if the game is story driven or not.

3 hours ago, LegoRacer1 said:

Do app games count?

If you can provide a screen shot, yes!

Wow only 5 days left already, some great builds so far though!

I've finished my entry, hoping to get it photographed and edited tomorrow

1 hour ago, Legofin2012 said:

Wow only 5 days left already, some great builds so far though!

I've finished my entry, hoping to get it photographed and edited tomorrow

Looking forward to your entry!

Finally got mine done, a shame there's only 5 entries so far though, hopefully there'll be a flurry of builds before the deadline!

From the game Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith for Nintendo DS