This thread will be for my entries to the Bardo Musicians Talent Fair 618

Category 1 - Preparations for the festival

It had been a long journey by sea for this group ... however they had little funds to spare as Miss Kitty fully insisted that real musicians ride in style in Bardo.  So they contracted a deluxe carriage to ride them around in style.  However the group found that this left them with a choice . . . food or lodging.  A vote was taken and the decision made that they will camp out on the edge of town so as to not starve for the duration of the Fair.  Billy Tom took to building a fire while Uncle Buck minded to the carriage.  Miss Kitty and Willy McKoy also known simply as Slim took some time to practice picking and fiddling before night fell.

camp open 4.lxfcamp open 3.lxfcamp open 2.lxf

And for those nay sayers that are counting studs and screaming that's not 16x16!

camp closed.lxfcamp closed 4.lxf

camp closed 3.lxf

Category 2 - Performance

The day of the Preformance had came and it was time to preform .... The Stages they had built for the Fair were quite ornate and featured some of the loveliest carved wood that Billy Tom had ever seen ... and Billy Tom did consider himself a keen eye on a good piece of whittling.  but the copper roof stained from the sea air with the gold embellishment was a sight to see for Willy.  The group preformed this new age music ... they called it "FOLK MUSIC".  They sung lovely songs such as "Ole Gregory Decker",  "Good ole Bru-haha Brew", "Great Orchid Flower", and "Run Pontelli Pets Run"

OleTimePickers.lxffrontband.lxf

Bandstand.lxf

(OCC: Yes I'm aware of the historical inaccuracy of the music links ... but hey this is BoBs and I was trying to tink of songs to link with BoBs events lol.  yes Jug bands date back to the 1600s)

Category 3 - Social outreach

The sisterhood of the Order of the Sacred Serpent were more than happy to have the Folk Group come to the Home for Wayward Abandon and Lost Youths.  While some of the children genuinely showed interest in the music others seemingly just wanted to play keep way ... as Billy Tom soon found out while chasing down a youngster who had stolen his bowler.

foldin Open5.lxf

foldin Open4.lxffoldin Open6.lxf

foldin Closed.lxf.png.lxf

Comments are more than welcome ..

Edited by Roadmonkeytj
added cat 3

lovely builds Roadmonkeytj, I really like the carriage, and espsially the use of the window pieces. The tree is very well done too.

Clever use of space on that first one! :rofl:  I'm liking that carriage, and the tree is quite nice as well :thumbup:  Plus, some awesome ornate woodwork on that second build!

3 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

Clever use of space on that first one! :rofl:  I'm liking that carriage, and the tree is quite nice as well :thumbup:  Plus, some awesome ornate woodwork on that second build!

I second.

Great entry, the carriage is my favourite.

2 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I second.

Great entry, the carriage is my favourite.

2 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Oddly enough I actually built these out of order lol so my goal was to out do my first build (cat 2) .... Im glad they went over so well thank you.

4 hours ago, Bart said:

lovely builds Roadmonkeytj, I really like the carriage, and espsially the use of the window pieces. The tree is very well done too.

Thanks! The windows were something I couldn't decide if I liked ... The buggy was built as one unit with a driver .... Then I had to go back and modify it to split it in two lol.

5 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Lovely entries.That's a really nice bandstand :thumbup:.

Thanks its what I pictured a grand Fair would have ... Its loosely based off a stand in my home town ... They always have live music in the summer on it.

Edited by Roadmonkeytj

Nice, on both accounts! :thumbup:

1st build: I absolutely love what you have done with the base! A really clever design, giving the build some "air to breath" while still being technically only 16x16 in size. The tree is well done, as is the carriage. And the scenes overall composition just works. Great stuff!

2nd build: The ornate woodwork is lovely. I also like the story, great use of other builds as "song inspiration"!

3rd build: Looking forward to it already! There is time until the 13th (not the 10th).

A couple of great vigs, I really like the travelling carriage - excellent choice of color!  And the pavilion is awesome, very ornate! :thumbup: 

6 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Nice, on both accounts! :thumbup:

1st build: I absolutely love what you have done with the base! A really clever design, giving the build some "air to breath" while still being technically only 16x16 in size. The tree is well done, as is the carriage. And the scenes overall composition just works. Great stuff!

2nd build: The ornate woodwork is lovely. I also like the story, great use of other builds as "song inspiration"!

3rd build: Looking forward to it already! There is time until the 13th (not the 10th).

Thank you ... It was actually your questions about the base that made me decide to hinge the scene and split the carriage 

And I say the Tenth because during the work week I only get a hour or so to work on them ... So if its not complete by then I wont have enough time to render and post lol

3 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

A couple of great vigs, I really like the travelling carriage - excellent choice of color!  And the pavilion is awesome, very ornate! :thumbup: 

I'm glad you liked them ... The colors were actually sand green and brown when I built it but the more I looked at the scene I felt it needed a contrasting color to the red outfits of the group .... So I recolored all the green blue then decided there was too much brown lol so it became lt blue.

Edited by Roadmonkeytj