Darnok

Pirates Forum design

I noticed that most "Themes" subforums have a unique design, while some others have not. "Pirates" is among those without a unique design, and I wondered why that is. Could this be changed?

@Phred and @SkaForHire sure have to say something about it, but I would like to hear other opinions as well.

Hmm, I never really noticed it but you're absolutely right! It would be cool to get a unique design for this sub-forum.

Also, what about Brethren of the Brick Seas getting its own as well? The Great Brick War and Guilds of Historica have one...

Edited by LM71Blackbird

Interesting observation - I'm pretty sure there have been custom themes in the past.  I checked the Wayback Machine and found at least 1 there where the header image and theme colors had pirate elements, but maybe it was a fluke.  Maybe a matter of someone on staff just not having time right now?

Pirates used to have the most elaborate forum design.  I'd love to see it get some more distinguishing features.

I believe the one responsible for the unique design (Mr Phes) was very busy with work and hasn‘t returned since. @Phred probably knows more. 

15 hours ago, x105Black said:

Pirates used to have the most elaborate forum design.  I'd love to see it get some more distinguishing features.

Do you have a screenshot or a link from the WayBackMachine?

7 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Do you have a screenshot or a link from the WayBackMachine?

I don't have one.  I could try to find one, but it was before the transition to the new forum host.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140704184107/http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showforum=56

I wonder if there is a way to get this theme back with the new forum software, or at least something similar. @Phred Is there anyone left with knowledge how to set these up? Or is there anyone around who could do something? Who owns the assets from the old theme? Maybe @Bonaparte also has an idea?

You could scroll down to the bottom and there is a drop down for "Theme" and select "Pirates 2017" if you want something different than "busy" bunnies and bees.

There are even a couple test themes.  :pir-skel:

On 5/5/2018 at 10:24 AM, Legostone said:

I believe the one responsible for the unique design (Mr Phes) was very busy with work and hasn‘t returned since. @Phred probably knows more. 

I know Mr. Phes was going to work on something, but hasn't. :pir-cry_sad:
He was the one that made the awesome skins we had before.  It took a lot of work to get that skin working really well. 

1 hour ago, Legostone said:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140704184107/http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showforum=56

I wonder if there is a way to get this theme back with the new forum software, or at least something similar. @Phred Is there anyone left with knowledge how to set these up? Or is there anyone around who could do something? Who owns the assets from the old theme? Maybe @Bonaparte also has an idea?

Hinckley typically handles the forum-wide banners.  I know he is very busy - as am I - with Brickworld Chicago coming up, then Brickworld Wisconsin.  There likely wouldn't be anything done until after the shows are done. The banner image would be the easiest thing to update.  It looks like the web archive didn't save the banners. :look: 

On 5/8/2018 at 12:31 PM, Phred said:

I know Mr. Phes was going to work on something, but hasn't. :pir-cry_sad:

Ah yes...  life seems to have gotten in the way.

Actually, I started working on a new skin but didn't get very far - however, with enough nagging it could get finished one day.

1 hour ago, Mister Phes said:

Actually, I started working on a new skin but didn't get very far - however, with enough nagging it could get finished one day.

Do it. Do it!

3 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

That would be amazing!

There would however, have to be sufficient demand to justify finding the time...

Need well more than three people to get me motivated.

15 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

There would however, have to be sufficient demand to justify finding the time...

Need well more than three people to get me motivated.

I have spoken to 274 people about this matter since yesterday, and they all agreed you should do it. They also all think you are excellent for putting great effort into this forum - they all love you! :thumbup:

On 5/11/2018 at 1:54 PM, Mister Phes said:

Welcome back Mr. Phes. :pir-classic:

It would be greatly appreciated if you were to complete the pirate skin. :thumbup: 

oi that would indeed be cool to have a pirate look to our corner,

I don't mind the bunnies very much, as they scroll out of view very fast,  but i've head enough of the purple pink look to be honest 

Let's have a new shiny look here at the pirates forum!!! Hehehe! Really enjoyed the "do it" meme from "Starsky and Hutch" btw

Absolutely.  Eurobricks needs more diversity in forum themes among it's various subforums.  Pirates used to have one of the best...