On 5/10/2018 at 2:36 AM, cebelicamya said:

Thanks @AmperZand for your list, will add all of them. About the other chimpanzee i wasn't sure, becaues it officially diddn't came in any set. I have it, i got it from pick a minifigure station in lego store.

I also got my alternate this way, it is pretty confusing because it's not in any sets.

I’m sure you’ve all seen the leaks of the new Friends sets? We’ve got a few new animals: a baby dolphin in light aqua, a baby turtle in spring yellowish green, a baby narwhal in light pink and a beach assessory pack in coral that contains a few new under the sea animals, including a sea horse!

2 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

I’m sure you’ve all seen the leaks of the new Friends sets? We’ve got a few new animals: a baby dolphin in light aqua, a baby turtle in spring yellowish green, a baby narwhal in light pink and a beach assessory pack in coral that contains a few new under the sea animals, including a sea horse!

I'm pretty sure the pink animal is a baby beluga rather than a baby narwhal (no horn). I imagine that's what you meant though. Definitely lots of really fun and exciting creatures, and makes me wish LEGO Elves were still going so some of them could be reused in a mermaid story arc… ah, well, that's what MOCs are for, I suppose!

9 hours ago, Aanchir said:

baby narwhal (no horn)

It is usually only males that have a tusk so that do not prove anything.. Have not seen the mould yet, but since it is in friends maybe a beluga is more likely :shrug_oh_well:

On 4/16/2019 at 9:29 PM, Aanchir said:

I'm pretty sure the pink animal is a baby beluga rather than a baby narwhal (no horn). I imagine that's what you meant though. 

It uses a gold “unicorn” horn in the set though. :P

3 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

It uses a gold “unicorn” horn in the set though. :P

Does it? I must have missed that. I stand corrected, then!

On 4/17/2019 at 2:09 PM, ArneNielsen said:

Fantastic work, really inspiring!

Not sure from where, but many years ago I did get some octupussies in green:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/albion/strangebricks/green_octopus.bmp

And yes, they are LEGO, they have the @LEGO stamp.

Arne, Copenhagen

That was odd *huh* Is it possible someone have painted them green? If Lego have made them, maybe they needed them for a build in Legoland or similar :shrug_oh_well: Then someone found there way outside into your hands :sweet: From what I see on bricklink the octopus are only released in black, dark red and trans-light blue, so if yours is legit they should be rather valuable :wink:

9 hours ago, Roebuck said:

That was odd *huh* Is it possible someone have painted them green? If Lego have made them, maybe they needed them for a build in Legoland or similar :shrug_oh_well: Then someone found there way outside into your hands :sweet: From what I see on bricklink the octopus are only released in black, dark red and trans-light blue, so if yours is legit they should be rather valuable :wink:

A lot of weirdly-colored parts that never showed up in sets are produced either as prototypes or to test new molds for flaws/imperfections. There's quite a community out there of people who collect them. Ordinarily they're not expected to wind up in the hands of the public, but a lot have been given to employees over the years and then subsequently obtained by fans and collectors via either gifts or, on a decidedly more somber note, estate sales. :sad:

Here's a gallery of just one collector's acquisitions, which includes not only unreleased recolors of well-known LEGO parts, but also even some prototype parts that never ended up appearing in sets in ANY color! https://www.flickr.com/photos/66166063@N07/

Great thread!  As I am working on finishing my 4000 page Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide (bringing it forward from 1949-1991 to 1949-2019)... I was working on the LEGO Orient Expedition sets of 2003-2005... and I noticed one that you do not have (as best as I could tell) the Jun-Chi (guardian lion-dog) of the #7413 Passage of Jun-Chi set....

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=junchi&idColor=5#T=C&C=5

:wink:

In the 1950s TLG produced a pair of LEGO animal sets.  However these were not part of the LEGO System of Play, but were produced separately by TLG for much of the 1950s.  There were 2 sets produced, one boxed set 727 with 12 Farm Animals, and another set 728 with 9 Zoo Animals.....

7923899850_7d34e3b9d2_o.jpg

These 2 sets are extremely rare, and can easily sell at auction for 2000 Euros or more, depending on condition. 

These animals were also sold in individual clear plastic cubes, (lower left of this image) and command 100+ Euros each.

12122257696_5f46eb0d74_o.jpg

In the LEGO Collections in Billund, there exists a set of different prototype set models made using LEGO, and these plastic 2 dimensional zoo animals.  There was a compound (set) for Elephants, Polar Bears, Monkeys, Hippos, Swans, and animals of China.  Also included in this image is a series of farm and zoo animal mold test strikes in red.

5121513628_5cd54a13f2_b.jpg

From 1955-60 TLG produced a LEGO Town Plan board of this design (only in continental Europe)... and the prototype zoo sets above, were planned for this Town Plan board, but as a zoo layout which was planned for 1957.  However, this series of sets for the Masonite Town Plan board was never put into production, and the prototype sets were saved all these years.  (Note:  The board was in production, but only ever used for Town sets.)

7923927636_7a42faf165_b.jpg

All of these images and storyline comes from my 2800 page Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide chapter on LEGO prototype sets and parts.

Edited by LEGO Historian

Mind if I bump this thread? I recently purchased CMF Dumbledore that comes with the phoenix. I'm so happy such an amazing fantasy creature has received a modern redesign! I love it! :wub:

I grew up wanting the original one (from 2004 I believe), but of course it was sought after, and consequently: always expensive. Therefore, (and being not a particular Potter fan) I thoroughly appreciate the fact that the redesign is available at almost the lowest price point. Kudos to LEGO! :purrr:

7 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

Mind if I bump this thread? I recently purchased CMF Dumbledore that comes with the phoenix. I'm so happy such an amazing fantasy creature has received a modern redesign! I love it! :wub:

Pic

YTaPaVjx-LEGO-Collectible-Minifigures-CMF-71028-Harry-Potter-Series-2-12-1024x683.jpg

I am not a robot and this was not performed automagically.

On 10/26/2020 at 9:56 PM, Exetrius said:

. I'm so happy such an amazing fantasy creature has received a modern redesign! I love it! :wub:

Yes it looks amazing :sweet:

On 10/26/2020 at 9:56 PM, Exetrius said:

I thoroughly appreciate the fact that the redesign is available at almost the lowest price point. Kudos to LEGO! 

They did that with the turtle also, so maybe Lego have learnt that people want the animals in the CMF series and give us 5 per box instead of 3 :thumbup:

Animals are entering the Lego System as if it's the Cambrian Explosion! ;) The city theme is going wild! Haha, get it? 

Enough joking, let's see what we got:

• Elephant!
  • Elephant young
  • Male lion (tan with brown manes)
  • Male lion (white with tan manes)
  • Lion cub (tan)
  • Lion cub (white)
  • Small monkey (dark tan with tan face)
  • Small monkey (tan with dbg face)
  • Large snake (a recolour of the HP snake?)
  • Vulture (recolour of the bald eagle?)
  • Sheep!! 
  • Ray (recolour in the ninjago wave) 

60307-1.jpg?202105031136

10775-1.jpg?202105020528

Furthermore, new brickbuilt creatures with molded parts:

• Cerberus (HP)
  • Basilisk (HP)
  • Jungle dragon, water dragon, fire dragon, Overlord dragon (Ninjago)

I'm not really keeping count of the animals in the minidoll lines, but Disney: Raya The Last Dragon set feature multiple new animals too!

3 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Animals are entering the Lego System as if it's the Cambrian Explosion! ;)

:laugh:
And a new barn owl :wink:

On 5/3/2021 at 12:25 PM, Exetrius said:

Yep, it’s the Nagini mould, but the colouring and print on the new one is very accurate to an African Rock Python. Totally love that level of detail. 

2 hours ago, AmperZand said:

@Exetrius, It’s not a vulture. It’s an eagle. Specifically, a bateleur. Credit to @williejm for the identification.

Ah okay. Pity, actually. I feel like a vulture (I know, there are multiple species) is a much more iconic bird. 

^ I thought it was a vulture too when I first saw it. As I already have two different moulded eagles, I would have preferred a vulture. But it’s not a bad recolour.

On 5/3/2021 at 7:25 AM, Exetrius said:

Animals are entering the Lego System as if it's the Cambrian Explosion! ;) The city theme is going wild! Haha, get it? 

Enough joking, let's see what we got:

• Elephant!
  • Elephant young
  • Male lion (tan with brown manes)
  • Male lion (white with tan manes)
  • Lion cub (tan)
  • Lion cub (white)
  • Small monkey (dark tan with tan face)
  • Small monkey (tan with dbg face)
  • Vulture (recolour of the bald eagle?)
  • Sheep!! 
  • Ray (recolour in the ninjago wave) 

60307-1.jpg?202105031136

10775-1.jpg?202105020528

Furthermore, new brickbuilt creatures with molded parts:

• Cerberus (HP)
  • Basilisk (HP)
  • Jungle dragon, water dragon, fire dragon, Overlord dragon (Ninjago)

I'm not really keeping count of the animals in the minidoll lines, but Disney: Raya The Last Dragon set feature multiple new animals too!

Are we counting dinosaurs as animals?

Happy World Lion Day! Lion is always one of my favorite animals so I wrote Gryffindor-theme mask. :) 

Edited by DBlegonerd7