Krischan1712

Hello, my name is Christian

Hello there,

I got back to Lego after many years when I built the Saturn V last year. After that, a colleage ask me the far-reaching question, if you could buy bricks separatly. After googling I found Bricklink, LDD and the likes, and by now I've got several shelfs full of models, and start running into problems to make more room.

I'm a big fan of Sci-Fi series, so I got a lot of StarTrek models, several from BSG and Babylon 5, some (unofficial) StarWars models, as well as some individual items from films and series (Dune, 2001, Interstellar etc.). I started building models from unofficial instructions, continued with reverse engineering models from pictures, and by now I'm designing my own models from scratch. I still wish to learn how to improve the stability of bigger models tho, it's a little bit disappointing when parts of the  model that look so stable in LDD just break off in real life ;)

If there is any interest, I can post some pictures of the models.

Best regards,

Christian

Hi Christian - welcome to EB!

The Saturn V is such a great set; I can see how that would grab your interest especially given your science/scifi leanings.

I'd love to see some of your MOCs.  It would be lovely to see some more Start Trek stuff since I think that's underrepresented in Lego when compared to the likes of Star Wars and general SciFi or Anime builds.  :classic:

Hello Christian, welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: Nice to see someone is coming back to Lego, getting really inspired and is building their own models. Please feel free to share pictures of them. I'm a big Star Trek and B5 fan myself, so you definitely got my attention here. :wink:

I like your collection of micro Star Trek ships!  Nice to see the DS9 station in there as well.  :classic:

And yes... I was also tempted by that TOS Enterprise set, but still can't bring myself to buy non-Lego, and I don't like their lack of creativity with the specialized "cheat" pieces like the nacelle pylons.  Still... it does look good.  :wink:

That Enterprise-E looks like a nice build.  Do you mind posting more pictures?