lluisgib

Car with lights

indexed.gif V-LP-1F

I'm experimenting in the addition of LEDs in vehicles. It's not really difficult if you know some basic rules in electronics. This is the first car i've done

dsc_0057.jpg

dsc_0058.jpg

dsc_0059.jpg

Now I'm experimenting with light effects made with a microcontroller. You can see the first results at this youtube link:

In my BS Gallery you coud see pictures of the process of adding the LEDs in the cars

Brickshelf Gallery

Bye ;-)

Lluis

That looks really awesome, it would be cool in a big town layout where you could hide the wires underneath.

Did you need to Mod any pieces to put these in?

That looks really awesome, it would be cool in a big town layout where you could hide the wires underneath.

Did you need to Mod any pieces to put these in?

I'm preparing these cars (and other things i can't say now ;-) ) for the layout i want to present in the 2nd HISPABRICK in Barcelona.

To add the LEDs i have to make holes in some pieces. That's all.

dsc_0041.jpg

dsc_0044.jpg

dsc_0045.jpg

dsc_0046.jpg

The wires will be hidden in the baseplates or other special designed MOCs

Lluis

that looks pretty neat. I know they make flasher circuits that aren't very big, perhaps you could try that on the roof lights. If you had a bigger model, say a fire truck, you could fit the circuit and batteries inside, which would be pretty neat.

that looks pretty neat. I know they make flasher circuits that aren't very big, perhaps you could try that on the roof lights. If you had a bigger model, say a fire truck, you could fit the circuit and batteries inside, which would be pretty neat.

If you see the youtube link on the first post you will see flashing lights running :-) I'm using a 8 pins microcontroller because it gives me more functionality than other standard schematics

Lluis

Why don't you just use smaller batteries, like those for hearing aids or wristwatches, so that they can be hidden in small cars as well?

Cool, thanks for explaining that. You've got me all excited now, mentioning a big layout, and if it is going to have lights on the cars, think of all the other awesome things there might be!

Great work luisgib!

The leds have the right size to be integrated in lego model!

the result is very nice! And we don't see anything, exept for the link to the power source. But I think that you have plan to hide it in your layout...

And even if the result for the cars is really great, I will not do this to my car, because I don't want to make holes in my pieces.

But I like the extra feeling that the light brings...

Now, I'm curious to see your layout with all the lights everywhere!

And even if the result for the cars is really great, I will not do this to my car, because I don't want to make holes in my pieces.

But I like the extra feeling that the light brings...

Thanks to all of you for your opinions

Alex54, I understand your feeling (i have the same, too). I've bought new models to add the LEDs, because i don't want to do any modification to the models of my collection. Then, i don't mind to do some holes or other modifications. I understand that i must keep built these models forever.

Lluis

Wow. These look amazing, great work. I frankly don't mind the little modification of the peices, thanks to lego's capabilities, in many models, you can build gaps into models for the cable feed so you need no modification, except on the part where the light attatches.

Great stuff.

The Lights really did a great job! It reminded me of the first Exo-Force series when the little small light transparent brick emit red light from the Stealth Hunter.

I never actually got any sets, but I would imagine the LEGO Light-and-Sound sets would enable you to do this.

I welcome anyone correcting me here since I have no idea what was in those sets.

but I would imagine the LEGO Light-and-Sound sets would enable you to do this.

No you can't do this with the LEGO Light and Sound system. The bricks with light are too big to have the same result than Lluis (wich is really "thin"). And you have to use some electrical plates to supply the light with electricity.

Alex54, I understand your feeling (i have the same, too). I've bought new models to add the LEDs, because i don't want to do any modification to the models of my collection. Then, i don't mind to do some holes or other modifications. I understand that i must keep built these models forever.

Well, maybe I will buy some multi boxes of small sets like the Police car, it's the cheaper way to have a lot of cars to experiment the light system. But I don't think that I'm ready to test it now, I have some works with my layout without thinking how to integrate the power function in it.

So, I'm waiting to see how you will do this! ;-)

I am very impressed with your MOC, lluisgib. Very cooool!! I can't wait to see what model you come up with next w/o the wires showing.

Model On!!

I can't wait to see what model you come up with next w/o the wires showing.

Well :blush: :blush: This pics are from my prototyping area. All this MOCs (and others that i don't want to show actually) will go to a display. That's why the wires are shown. But next time i will try to hide the wires....

Lluis