STHLM

[MOC] Bricklyn (Huskvarna 2018 edition)

My town is always changing. Buildings appear and disappear from time to time. This is what Bricklyn looked like at the annual Swebrick exhibition in 2018.

Somebody asked me if it's a CB (Community Build). I said no, it's a EB (Ego Build). :wink:

41711286002_dfc50f79b7_c.jpg

[MOC] Bricklyn 2018 ready for the exhibition by Nybohov Creation Ltd., on Flickr

40886281685_3a4756a5c2_c.jpg

[MOC] Bricklyn 2018 by Nybohov Creation Ltd., on Flickr

Finally, a movie:

39978622010_05bc537f5b_c.jpg

[MOC] Bricklyn 2018 by Nybohov Creation Ltd., on Flickr

Edited by STHLM

Now that's a layout:thumbup:

There is so much going on and your Mocs are all very well done. However, the thing I like the most is how you add realism to the scene with textures in the street and on the buildings. These small cracks and paint, that's falling appart are just awesome:wub:

10 minutes ago, Stefaneris said:

Now that's a layout:thumbup:

There is so much going on and your Mocs are all very well done. However, the thing I like the most is how you add realism to the scene with textures in the street and on the buildings. These small cracks and paint, that's falling appart are just awesome:wub:

Thank you!

I really like to add some scruffiness to my builds. It also makes the building process far more interesting.

Great work! It's awesome seeing some brickbuilt roads, and as Stefaneris said, the texturing is fantastic. I love seeing how busy the layout is but it's not cluttered at every single place.

This is a seriously great layout. I love your moc buildings and vehicles. As others have pointed out there is so much detail crammed in yet it doesn't look cluttered at all.

I really like the football pitch as well. :classic:

What a great layout, with so many details!  I really like your traffic light and that taxicab, and I love that big red bus!  :sweet:  Brilliant job on the lighting as well.

This is truly amazing!  Feast for the eyes and food for the coco.

Thanks for posting!

12 hours ago, KotZ said:

Great work! It's awesome seeing some brickbuilt roads, and as Stefaneris said, the texturing is fantastic. I love seeing how busy the layout is but it's not cluttered at every single place.

Thank you! I wasn't too keen on starting to use brick built roads at first, but it's really great to be able to add texture, man holes and water leaks etc.

11 hours ago, carebear said:

O My! Love this!

Everything bents perfectly

Great Great Work!

Greetings!

Thank you for your kind words!

11 hours ago, xadrian said:

This is amazing.  Could spend hours looking at this IRL.

Thanks! Some stood there, looking, for quite some time.

10 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

This is a seriously great layout. I love your moc buildings and vehicles. As others have pointed out there is so much detail crammed in yet it doesn't look cluttered at all.

I really like the football pitch as well. :classic:

Thank you! It's a bit hard to know when it's time to stop adding things. I think I got at least twice the amount of minifigs to the exhibition, but I couldn't add them all.

The football pitch went down really well with the kids (together with the flashing police car and the skate park). It's a bit funny, as that is the simpliest part of the layout.

8 hours ago, deraven said:

What a great layout, with so many details!  I really like your traffic light and that taxicab, and I love that big red bus!  :sweet:  Brilliant job on the lighting as well.

Thanks! Lightning make such a big difference. All the wires makes it hard to arrange the lay out, but it's so worth it.

The red bus is a favourite of mine too. It's supposed to be the touring bus for the band that is waiting outside the hotel:

34178525633_9a3811af0d_z.jpg

[MOC] NYC Fire Escape by Nybohov Creation Ltd., on Flickr

8 hours ago, JLSD said:

This is truly amazing!  Feast for the eyes and food for the coco.

Thanks for posting!

I'm happy to share it.

Wow, that's a wonderful layout! :wub: I'm a huge fan of your style (that sort of abandoned and run-down feeling), you're so talented! I really love the textures as everybody mentioned, and the brick-built roads and the foliage are just top notch! I really like the way you integrated some official modulars with MODing them heavily as well. No need to say your MOCs are incredible... Any upcoming MOCs? :excited: Keep it up! :classic: :thumbup:

36 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

Wow, that's a wonderful layout! :wub: I'm a huge fan of your style (that sort of abandoned and run-down feeling), you're so talented! I really love the textures as everybody mentioned, and the brick-built roads and the foliage are just top notch! I really like the way you integrated some official modulars with MODing them heavily as well. No need to say your MOCs are incredible... Any upcoming MOCs? :excited: Keep it up! :classic: :thumbup:

I've got an idea of another small abandoned lot (16x32), partly surrounded by 4218.pngturned 90 degreees like a fence.

I'm about to move house, so it will probably not happen in the nearest future.

13 hours ago, STHLM said:

The red bus is a favourite of mine too. It's supposed to be the touring bus for the band that is waiting outside the hotel:

Ah, I thought that might be the case with the trailer it has!  It's beautiful.  :wub:

11 hours ago, deraven said:

Ah, I thought that might be the case with the trailer it has!  It's beautiful.  :wub:

Thanks!

I've a few more rock bands, so I'll probably need to build some additional touring buses.

3 hours ago, tmctiger said:

Wow, very nice Layout! I like it! And so much detail in it ... *oh2*:thumbup: