xadrian

Greetings from Central Texas

Greetings everyone.  I've been a lurker on EB for a while.  Just set up an account today, hoping to get more involved.  I'm a member of TexLUG here in central Texas.  It's a good group with very regular meetings and very talented people.

I've been collecting since I was a kid and while I never got rid of anything, I did have a dark age where I didn't buy much.  I started with Futuron and some Classic Space and the latest set I bought was the Tron Ideas set.

I'm currently designing an absolute mess of Microfighters.  I'm pretty addicted to the process and I'm hoping to get more actually built soon.

I've also designed the Texas State Capitol which will be displayed (hopefully) in the summer of 2019.  We're in the parts ordering process now.  It's coming in at about 62k of brick, so I'm worried about time, but I think we'll be okay.

That's all.  Hiya!

Welcome aboard, xadrian.  Do you have a backup plan if you can't get all 62K bricks?   :classic:

Hello xadrian and welcome to Eurobricks! The Tron set is high up on my shopping list as well. Also, feel free to post pictures of your MOCs. See you around!:classic:

On 5/7/2018 at 10:50 PM, dr_spock said:

Welcome aboard, xadrian.  Do you have a backup plan if you can't get all 62K bricks?   :classic:

Not really.  We're using both LUGBulk and Project Support, so both are the the mercy of TLG.  If we start getting to crunch time, we'll just have to BrickLink whatever else we need.

16 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

Hello xadrian and welcome to Eurobricks! The Tron set is high up on my shopping list as well. Also, feel free to post pictures of your MOCs. See you around!:classic:

Thanks!  The only things I've been doing are Microfighters in stud.io, but I have 56 of them.  I think people'd get tired of seeing those renders after a while. :)