Sign in to follow this  
letsbuild

[AMS-2] Dragify Your Set

Yup, it used to crawl.... but now it does burnouts.

(changed the white trunk for a black one) but the body is 90% original.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Edited by Permo
pic added

@Permo looking good! but maybe lower those pneumatics down fast before letsbuild sees :laugh:

i barely recognized the crawler without the stickers (i have it on a shelf here) can't wait to see it's performance!

how is the ir reception with the receiver upside down? will you tell us how many and wich motors are in it?

the upside down IR receiver (V1) is only to drive the M motor based pump for the pneumatic system (it has pneumatic front wheel brakes) and to switch the front lights on.

two V2 IR receivers are on the back of the roof, driving 4 L motors on the rear wheels and a servo for steering.

yeah there's illegal bits in there, but hey it's a dragster.

I don't have a camera but it's very fast, does burnouts and drifts, very fast and sharp steering.

5 hours ago, Marxpek said:

@Permo looking good! nice little ornament on the back as well :)

fun stuff! keep it up!

Ohw and i am done with my video, @letsbuild can i post it here? 

It's up to you on whether you'd like a topic of your own, or if you just want to post it in this topic. Just don't forget to enter your contest through a PM!

2 hours ago, Permo said:

800x600.jpg

Those wires aren't Lego, are they? You know non-Lego elements automatically disqualify your entry, right?

8 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

It's up to you on whether you'd like a topic of your own, or if you just want to post it in this topic. Just don't forget to enter your contest through a PM!

Those wires aren't Lego, are they? You know non-Lego elements automatically disqualify your entry, right?

Those are lights by brickstuff I think, look am up. They are just for programming hazard, turn, or brake lights.

Edited by Aventador2004

2 hours ago, Permo said:

It has an illegal battery :tongue:

2 hours ago, letsbuild said:

Those wires aren't Lego, are they?

Who cares about the rules! :laugh: Lets build cool cars and have fun with them.

15 hours ago, Permo said:

It has an illegal battery :tongue:

i saw that one coming :laugh:, but i would love you to change it, please do not disqualify yourself, your build deserves more!

i also do not own a camera but, a high end smartphone can do fine..

16 hours ago, letsbuild said:

for now i will just dump the video here, maybe when i have more time (and good pictures) i will make its own topic for it (if that is worth it..)

I will send you the PM once i have everything complete, for now i just like to show the video, it is not your average Lego presentation, more like a short biology documentary or something.

so here is my video:

Let me know what you think!

Edited by Marxpek

@Marxpek funny video !! and your Darwinmobile does it have any natural predators??  Good performance your model sports!!   

Edited by sirslayer

On 5/2/2018 at 12:40 AM, letsbuild said:

About the voting for last year, I unfortunately just never got around to doing it

Boooo! :thumbdown:

Ok, I am a little disappointed that the last AMS did not have the votes tallied up, but, not being one to hold on to the past I may have a small entry for this time :sweet:

Just one question. I do not have it motorised. Now I am aware of course what the M stands for in the topic title :tongue: but I made more of a manual modification rather than using the PF motors (still do not have IR) it still moves without pushing or gravity. Is this OK?

6 hours ago, MangaNOID said:

Boooo! :thumbdown:

Ok, I am a little disappointed that the last AMS did not have the votes tallied up, but, not being one to hold on to the past I may have a small entry for this time :sweet:

Just one question. I do not have it motorised. Now I am aware of course what the M stands for in the topic title :tongue: but I made more of a manual modification rather than using the PF motors (still do not have IR) it still moves without pushing or gravity. Is this OK?

Well, if you convince the audience that your model is better than the other, motorized, ones, then go right ahead!

This is a quick reminder to everyone that I need your entries PM'd to me by June 1st, whatever time zone you're in.

19 hours ago, Marxpek said:

Bwe gear section wheels on it?:wink:

No, I've gone for something much smaller than that... (for better acceleration rather than top speed :wink:)

EDIT: It's done: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/162045-ams-2mod-lego-9394-rc-dragsterdrifter-powered-by-a-buggy-motor/

Edited by mocbuild101