Professor Thaum

[SR - FB April 18] the Cutty Shark

King's Harbour, nowadays, a new wing was added to the Royal Society School.

Doctor Thaum : A few weeks ago, I had the great honor to receive an invitation from the well known Royal Society of Natural Philosophy,

about my work with Celestia flora (especially marsh vegetation). I think that the drawings of my young apprentice who is pretty skilled with a pencil, played their part.

You can see here on the tableboard some of his drawings : a kind of giant Arum on your right side...

gq0o.png

And this particular one on your left side : the Hungarius Uncontrollibus Drosera from which I succeed making a cutting...

... That I'm proud to introduce yourself !

d99x.png

Baby Hungarius Uncontrolibus Drosera : gggrrroooOOOAAaaar

Doctor Thaum : This one is still an early seedling and its interest as ornamental plant is still debatable, but for a ship, it's a must have

we don't suffer any vermin trouble coming from Celestia... Let me show you... Callaghan please, free the rat...

Callaghan : Aye aye

Doctor Thaum : this seedling is called Cutty Shark. Cutty, because it comes from a cutting, and Shark because...

Cutty Shark : GNAAAP !!!

vylv.jpg

Doctor Thaum : As you can see this plant use snap trap to ensure its prey...and it is very quick, isn't it !

Fine Callaghan, you can get the rat's corpse back.

This seedling will digest such a meat in about 3 hours, and we have no time for the whole process.

Callaghan : gosh !!!!!

Cutty Shark : GNAAAAP !!!

b48h.jpg

Callaghan : help !!!

Doctor Thaum : My cutting !!! You're a bonehead Callaghan !! You are damaging my precious cutting !!!

Errr... cough cough Dear members I will ordering a garden full of wonderfull plants just next to this classroom, that I offer to the Royal Society of Natural Philosophy

You're a bonehead Callaghan, take your leg off my cutting !!!

Will be licenced as a small educationnal by the RSNP, or by myself

The full built and the blue sky + cloud background

ql4x.jpg

C&C welcome

@Bregir and @Ayrlego this is my initiation lecture to the RSNP :wink:

Edited by Professor Thaum

GNAP?!  :wub:  Tu manque les Schtroumpf noirs quelque part la dedans.

Nice scene Professor T and funny as always.

Brilliant scene, very well done and a great read as well! Welcome to the Royal Society of Naturial Philosophy Doctor Thaum. 

———-

Celestia, 1st May 618

Dear Doctor Thaum, 

It is with great pleasure I welcome you as a fellow in the Royal Society of Natural Philosophy. Although my continuing exploration of Celestia prevented me attending your presentation in King’s Harbour, I have had the honour of reviewing the notes from it. Your extraordinary work is very exciting and I believe will greatly assist in our understanding of the natural environment of Celestia. I look forward to continuing to follow your scientific work.

Kind regards,

Sir Dirk Allcock

Nice scene you have build. If that plant is only a baby/cuttling and already eating rat and the occasional leg. what does it eat when it fully grows o.O
Special mention towards the curtains, I like how you did them with the chains.

Very nice build and a wonderful story to go with it.

Is it not dastardly of Callaghan to be such delicious plant food.:wink:

Celestia, May 2nd, 618 AE

To Dr. Thaum, FRS

Notes on your lecture has reached us in the Celestian jungle and after sighting a few similar carnivorous plants on our own expeditions it found us most intrigued. We had not yet experienced the rather aggressive nature of the plants, but after reading about your findings we have conducted similar experiments and our conclusions appear to support yours. It would seem that the plant life on this island is not only beautiful, but also rather perilous!

We are both pleased to welcome you amongst our ranks as a fellow of the Society.

Sincerely,

Dr. Albert Brickingstone, FRS & Sir Anton Hughes, FRS.

Wonderful build, Thaum - Your interior is very nice, and I particularly like the window and the curtains around your specimen. And the plant itself shines too, of course, as does the remarkably well posed story!

Welcome to the RSNP - The Society will be happy to license the build, if you wish to donate it. :)

17 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Welcome to the RSNP - The Society will be happy to license the build, if you wish to donate it. :)

The built is for the RSNP... and it will be followed by a garden offered to the RSNP too

A brilliant and hilarious story, alongside a great build! Really well done! :thumbup:

I love your .... Hungry ... plants ... The story is also amusing ... I like how you edited the drawing pictures on the board