Bob

Imperial Officers Mafia - Day Two

Just now, Sandy said:

It was not without basis, there was plenty of time left at that point and I would rather vote for someone I feel strongly about rather than just anybody.

You're accusing me of doing things you're doing yourself!

I agree about voting for the strongest suspect. However, you need to document your suspicions. When I voted, I gave reasons. Your vote was this (quoted below) - one statement by Jellico quoted by you, and you saying Jellico was non-committal. That's not a lot of basis for a vote. 

10 hours ago, Sandy said:

Earlier today before the voting started I named you as one of the people who were non-commital yesterday - vocal, sure, but not really helping to get results. 

I'm looking for a lynch, which kind of requires people to band together, don't you think? Stubbornly sticking to our original votes is exactly what the scum wants us to do.

Unvote: Motti (mostlytechnic)

Vote: Jellico (Lady K)

14 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

What I find suspicious is how I made an actual case with some evidence, everyone ignored it (including the other two who voted with me!) and there's this sudden swing over to Jellico. I still find Ozzel the most suspicious among us. And what REALLY looks bad to me is how both Yularen and Shelby have kept their votes on Ozzel. Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but it makes me feel like Ozzel and one of them (at least) are scummos. They now feel safe that Ozzel isn't getting lynched today, so they're keeping votes here so they can point to them later if he is lynched/killed later and turns up traitor. And they can jump over to another bandwagon last minute "to get a lynch" 

And this reeks to me - at the time, there was what, one vote on Jellico and 3 on at least 2 other people? So to "get a lynch" you threw your hat at someone - at the time - not a serious candidate without much basis for your vote? 

I've kept my vote on Ozzel because I believe we will benefit the most from his elimination the most out of those on the block.

I don't know if he's scum but he is coasting. Evey post is an explanation of his inactivity without any input or analysis of the day or even recent comments. If we got any ibsight from him in those rare posts I would be okay keeping him in. Add that to a weakly explained vote and he doesn't look so good.

You can't only participate ocassionally and NOT add anything substantial to the conversation. 

If Ozzel is scum then he's playing a perfect game so far and pepole are defending him.

Tomorrow when we bicker about how there wasn't a lynch today, remember how we could've gotten Ozzel.

Remember that a few particulars amongst us railroaded the justified attempt by claiming it was a bandwagon, tht somehowr scum were perpetrating it, only to turn around and do the exact same thing to Daala and Jellico. 

So don't say we gave no reason when this entire day both Yularen and myself have fought and made a case against Ozzel. 

I'll vote for Ozzel if it means a lynch. But right now I'm hoping we can lynch Piett since I find him to be a more preferred lynch candidate.

Just now, LegoMonorailFan said:

I'll vote for Ozzel if it means a lynch. But right now I'm hoping we can lynch Piett since I find him to be a more preferred lynch candidate.

I'd switch my vote to Piett if it means a lynch as well.

Unfortunately right now the vote seems split. I think Ozzel and Jellico both have 4 votes against.

I don't know about Jellico yet. I just know Ozzel's behavior will likely remain the same. If Town that's extremely unfortunate. If scum it's a very clever way to stay under the radar. 

Ozzel I think is our best bet. 

2 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

I do believe that given the activity level of Piett and the statements about traitors being active does make him more suspicious than Ozzel.  I agree about keeping an eye on Ozzel, maybe re-visiting this tomorrow.  Could Piett be traitor and be active, yes, could he be acting scummy and be loyal, again yes.

Adm Piett is still our best choice for today.

People come on. We have a sliver of time to get something  accomplished today.

We can't go into day three with no lynch.

If this is to be the last post of the day then I must applaud the rebel scum at brilliantly splitting the vote once again. 

I have zero doubt that some of the deflecting and gaslighting of today was enacted by scum. 

We were on the verge of greatness, we were this close to providing Lord Vader a suspect. 

11 minutes ago, Forresto said:

If this is to be the last post of the day then I must applaud the rebel scum at brilliantly splitting the vote once again. 

I have zero doubt that some of the deflecting and gaslighting of today was enacted by scum. 

We were on the verge of greatness, we were this close to providing Lord Vader a suspect. 

True, but which one?  There have been valid points made for all the suspects of today, even one on the vote for me those voting either believe it or just wanted on what they thought would be the fast bandwagon of the day.  Many of us officers have witnessed what happens with a no lynch day 2.  Day 3 won't be any better. I agree about Ozzel being scummy, but Piett is more so to me.  

And we do still have one non voting.

I agree, we need a lynch. My personal preference on the four current vote-havers is Ozzel, then Daala, Piett, and Jellico, in that order. I wold strongly prefer to lynch one of the first three - I haven't seen much in the case against Jellico to convince me. I will be around to change my vote if needed, but for now, I'm keeping it on my top suspect. 

14 minutes ago, Forresto said:

The question is who's splitting the vote? Those who vote for Ozzel, those who vote for Jellico, or those who vote for Piett?

1 minute ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

The question is who's splitting the vote? Those who vote for Ozzel, those who vote for Jellico, or those who vote for Piett?

I would think tomorrow we should take a closer look at those who jumped on votes already started without giving new thoughts or comments.  

1 minute ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Why not all 3? I imagine the scum aren't putting all their eggs in one basket. The town does a good enough job as is providing several suspects, the scum can latch on to a few of the arguments and spread the vote thin. 

My question is, is anyone going to give in? Everyone is afraid of being wrong, but as it stands there's no reward for being right. I think Actor Builder, LegoRacer1, and mediumsnowman could really help the process by leaving their dead end (for today) lynches and pushing for another one. If just 1-2 were to join a voting block, I'm pretty sure the momentum would carry us over. Several people have expressed willingness to switch, but no one wants to be first.

Just now, jluck said:

If just 1-2 were to join a voting block, I'm pretty sure the momentum would carry us over. Several people have expressed willingness to switch, but no one wants to be first.

I'll be first then, hoping it proves me to be a man of my words and pro-lynch.

I find Ozzel more weird than scummy, but if it's the majority's choice then let's test it out.

Unvote: Jellico (Lady K)

Vote: Ozzel (Actor Builder)

2 hours ago, Lady K said:

Jellico:  ok so for myself, I have politely (and non defensively) asked for others to clarify where and why they think I said something I did not.  And yet most have cast votes for me because other have found me defensive? Please, explain how asking others to show where I said what I did is defensive.  

I never said I voted you because you defended yourself, I voted for you because you called out others w8thout having said much yourself. 

I’m pressed for time at the moment and likely won’t be able to come online again before the end of the day. I think Daala would be the best and I don’t like the Ozzel train. If it would help I’d rather go for Piett than Jellico

unvote Rider Raider

vote: Sandy (Piett)

please accept my hurried vote I’m trying to walk out the door 

If we don’t get a vote today, we’ll be in exactly the same boat tomorrow. 

28 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Technically everyone is splitting the vote, whichever way you look at it. Ozzels contributions have not been helpful, and I would be happy to vote for him if it secures us a lynch. 

2 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

I never said I voted you because you defended yourself, I voted for you because you called out others w8thout having said much yourself. 

I wasn't referring just to you, but more so to the others that seem to have no basis for voting for me other than jumping on the 'me somehow being defensive'.  This early on in the meeting, I understand if some find me un-trustworthy, it happens every single meeting I attend; I just prefer actual post quotes from me for proof of the suspicions against me.  Know one knows whos who at this point except the traitors.

So now we still have 3 candidates - Ozzel with 5 votes, Piett with 4, and Jellico with 4. Plus a single vote sitting on Daala still. And one person (Delius) who hasn't voted, and hasn't even been around all day.

For what it's worth... those members voting against Jellico have been far less talkative (by post count) than those voting for Ozzel or Piett. 

2 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

What I find suspicious is how I made an actual case with some evidence, everyone ignored it (including the other two who voted with me!) and there's this sudden swing over to Jellico. I still find Ozzel the most suspicious among us. And what REALLY looks bad to me is how both Yularen and Shelby have kept their votes on Ozzel. Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but it makes me feel like Ozzel and one of them (at least) are scummos. They now feel safe that Ozzel isn't getting lynched today, so they're keeping votes here so they can point to them later if he is lynched/killed later and turns up traitor. And they can jump over to another bandwagon last minute "to get a lynch" 

I think Ozzel is the best bet, be it due to inactivity, flying under the radar, or just general cagey-ness (sp?).

I still don't trust Piett, and I'd like to evaluate him more tomorrow. Also as Motti mentioned, Delius hasn't done anything? Those are the two we should look into tomorrow.

1 minute ago, KotZ said:

I think Ozzel is the best bet, be it due to inactivity, flying under the radar, or just general cagey-ness (sp?).

I still don't trust Piett, and I'd like to evaluate him more tomorrow. Also as Motti mentioned, Delius hasn't done anything? Those are the two we should look into tomorrow.

Well, at this point, my assumption on Delius is that he's stuck in a long meeting or something. TOTAL silence like this is usually innocent. But as always in these events, guilty until proven innocent :) 

Just now, Lady K said:

I wasn't referring just to you, but more so to the others that seem to have no basis for voting for me other than jumping on the 'me somehow being defensive'.  This early on in the meeting, I understand if some find me un-trustworthy, it happens every single meeting I attend; I just prefer actual post quotes from me for proof of the suspicions against me.  Know one knows whos who at this point except the traitors.

Oh ok, I have quoted posts before only italics, since I wasn’t able to do the quote between topics thing.

Just now, mostlytechnic said:

So now we still have 3 candidates - Ozzel with 5 votes, Piett with 4, and Jellico with 4. Plus a single vote sitting on Daala still. And one person (Delius) who hasn't voted, and hasn't even been around all day.

For what it's worth... those members voting against Jellico have been far less talkative (by post count) than those voting for Ozzel or Piett. 

Like I said, I’m willing to vote for Ozzel, I have seen this behaviour in the past and when I was sure he was scum, he wasn’t, which totally wasted the days vote. But I feel like at this stage, we need a lynch in order to have some kind of meaningful discussion on Day Three. Inactive players are generally better to lynch early on in the game since if they aren’t active now, there’s not guarantee they’ll be active in future days.

Unvote: Captain Jellico (Lady K) 

Vote: Admiral Ozzel (Actor Builder

4 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

Well, at this point, my assumption on Delius is that he's stuck in a long meeting or something. TOTAL silence like this is usually innocent. But as always in these events, guilty until proven innocent :) 

Which is why I voted for Dellus yesterday.

And was chastised for it being seemingly non committal when I said it was due to their inactivity. 

13 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

I'm careful to provide a soft defense here, but generally speaking you are correct. Disengaged players are players that have little to play for.

2 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

May I ask of you to say what those actions were? 

"Defensive"?

Are there any other suspicious actions Jellico has exhibited that you've noticed but that have escaped me and possibly others?

True, I was the one to start the vote for Jellico and I don't think there were any particular actions, I just found him overly defensive. I don't trust people who quickly hop on other cases, traitors in my experience will rather be eraly supporters of an accusation than initiate one. I don't trust Piett.

59 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

I agree, we need a lynch. My personal preference on the four current vote-havers is Ozzel, then Daala, Piett, and Jellico, in that order. I wold strongly prefer to lynch one of the first three - I haven't seen much in the case against Jellico to convince me. I will be around to change my vote if needed, but for now, I'm keeping it on my top suspect. 

My personal preferences are Jellico, Piett, Ozzel, Daala. I would rather lynch one of the former two, but I agree we need a lynch today, so I will

Unvote: Captain Jellico (Lady K) and

Vote: Admiral Ozzel (Actor Builder)

I'm not 100% sure where we are on the vote count but we absolutely need a lynch today.  I find Ozzel to be pretty similar to my past experience with him, so I can't say I feel good about this.  If he does turn up loyal, then I'll be looking closely at those who pushed us this way, too.

Unvote: Captain Jellico (Lady K)

Vote: Ozzel (Actor Builder)