Bob

Imperial Officers Mafia - Day Two

officersbanner.png

Day Two: Rinse and Repeat

img_0455.jpg

Director Isard / Kintobor was walking the halls at night. A lone mouse droid rolled by her, but otherwise the hallways were empty.

img_0456.jpg

The door opened, and an AT-AT Pilot appeared. 

"Hello there, Director." the pilot said.

"Oh, hello!"

"I've got something for you!" 

img_0457.jpg

blamo!

And the Director was dead.

img_0458.jpg

"Well, Lord Vader, it appears she's been shot to death." the medic said. 

"...Really? I couldn't tell." 

img_0460.jpg

Inside the conference room, the assembled officers, minus the Director, were chatting amongst each other or doing other things when Darth Vader entered.

img_0461.jpg

"I"m very disappointed that you didn't produce someone to me yesterday. Unfortunately, as well, last night, Director Isard was killed in the hallway. She was a Loyalist. Now, I want a traitor found, and I want them alive!"

~~~

List of Characters (15):
tarkin.jpg
Grand Moff Tarkin - Played by: LegoMonorailFan
thrawn.jpg
Grand Admiral Thrawn - Played by: mediumsnowman
piett.jpg
Admiral Piett - Played by: Sandy
motti.jpg
Admiral Motti - Played by: mostlytechnic
daala.jpg
Admiral Daala - Played by: Rider Raider
ozzel.jpg
Admiral Ozzel - Played by: Actor Builder
yularen.jpg
Admiral Yularen - Played by: KotZ
veers.jpg
General Veers - Played by: fhomess
shelby.jpg
Admiral Shelby - Played by: Forresto
greer.jpg
Admiral Greer - Played by: Tariq j 
dellus.jpg
Colonel Dellus - Played by: LegoRacer1
needa.jpg
Captain Needa - Played by: Khscarymovie4
komec.jpg
Captain Komec - Played by: jluck
fenton.jpg
Captain Fenton - Played by: Peanuts
jellico.jpg
Captain Jellico - Played by: Lady K

Gone but not forgotten:
isard.jpg
Director Isard - Played by: Kintobor (Loyalist)

Reserves:

1) the imperial reporter

Rules:

1) Every player has received their own character. You are either a Loyalist or a Traitor. The town need to eliminate the scum and the scum need to outnumber the town. Any third party characters have their own win conditions. 

2) Every day you will be able to vote for a player. Voting should be done as so: Vote: Character (Player). Unvoting is to be done in the same fashion: Unvote: Character (Player). A majority vote is required to lynch a player. You must vote every day, or you'll receive some sort of devious punishment.

3) A game day will last 72 hours, but if a unanimous vote is acheived after the 48 hour mark and the day thread goes quiet, the day may end early to my discresion. You may not vote within the first 24 hours of the day. Once the day is over, you will have 24 hours to send in a night action if this applies to you. Nights will last at most 48 hours, but it usually won't and I'm just saying that so nobody faults me if I'm late. You may not talk about the game outside of the day thread.

4) The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5) You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6) You are encouraged to role-play in this game. I've provided a role for you to expand upon if you wish. With that being said, please try not to post out of character in the game thread. You may PM other players, but do so at your own risk.

7) If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances.

8) Don't edit your posts.

9) You must post in every day thread.

10) Try to be nice to your fellow players. It's a game on a LEGO forum.

11) Violation of your first rule will result in a 5-vote penalty and your second violation will result in your death!

I can't believe it. She's gone.

Ive known Isard since the academy. We weren't friends, I just knew her with her wonky eyes and strange hair color and prodigious dedication to red uniforms. 

You will be avenged director. 

Veers if this security tape is anything to go by you may want to be careful. Traitors are posing as AT AT pilots. 

3 minutes ago, Forresto said:

I can't believe it. She's gone.

Ive known Isard since the academy. We weren't friends, I just knew her with her wonky eyes and strange hair color and prodigious dedication to red uniforms. 

You will be avenged director. 

Veers if this security tape is anything to go by you may want to be careful. Traitors are posing as AT AT pilots. 

Hopefully the cop has accessed the tapes and was able to  see the scum changing. That would be really helpful.

Our Intelligence Director is gone, that's very unfortunate. I didn't like her, few people did, but she dedicated her life to finding and killing those who oppose the empire. If she's not a hero, I don't know who is.

Well, time to read through yesterday's holologs again. At first glance, she voted for Admiral Ozzel and Admiral Piett, and was voted for by Admiral Daala.

On 28.4.2018 at 5:34 PM, Forresto said:

No strong opinions? I'm the one who got yelled at for being the first to say we needed to start discussing whether we lynch someone or we dont. 

Fair enough, you did express that opinion. For what it's worth, your response to my accusation and vote yesterday didn't ring particularly scummy to me. Doesn't mean I trust you or anything, just I'm not any more suspicious of you than of any other Officer at this moment.

Not cool, we lost our Director last night; she served the Empire well. We better give Lord Vader the results he wants today or.......I do not want to speculate on that.

Here is yesterday's final votes.

Vote Count:
Admiral Daala/Rider Raider - 1 (Lady K)
Grand Moff Tarkin/LegoMonorailFan - 2 (KotZ, LegoRacer1)
Captain Fenton/Peanuts - 2 (LegoMonorailFan, Khscarymovie4)
Colonel Dellus/LegoRacer - 3 (Forresto, Actor Builder, Tariq j)
Admiral Shelby/Forresto - 3 (Peanuts, mediumsnowman, Sandy)
Admiral Piett/Sandy - 2 (Kintobor, Rider Raider)
Admiral Yularen/KotZ - 1 (fhomess)
Admiral Komec/jluck - 6 (mostlytechnic, penalty)

The loss of Director Isard is unfortunate. She was an invaluable cog in the machine of our great Empire.

Any speculation as to why she, of all people, was targeted? With only one death last night it would seem probable Director Isard was the work of the traitors and our vigilante, if we have one, stayed home.

I’m not sure if we can glean anything from discussions she partook in yesterday, as a result of the no-lynch and typical random targeting that takes place on the first night in these types of... games.

Admiral Shelby still seems suspicious to me and General Veers could be worth looking into, though unless anyone steps forward with any particularly... juicy information, we are in much the same position as yesterday.

5 minutes ago, mediumsnowman said:

I’m not sure if we can glean anything from discussions she partook in yesterday, as a result of the no-lynch and typical random targeting that takes place on the first night in these types of... games.

Admiral Shelby still seems suspicious to me and General Veers could be worth looking into, though unless anyone steps forward with any particularly... juicy information, we are in much the same position as yesterday.

As Captain Fenton noted, below are the people who she voted for and was voted by.

2 hours ago, Peanuts said:

Well, time to read through yesterday's holologs again. At first glance, she voted for Admiral Ozzel and Admiral Piett, and was voted for by Admiral Daala.

I think that's too risky of a move for scum to take, doing a revenge kill night one, but I'd be glad to be wrong.

You will be missed Director Isard. 

55 minutes ago, Lady K said:

Not cool, we lost our Director last night; she served the Empire well. We better give Lord Vader the results he wants today or.......I do not want to speculate on that.

Here is yesterday's final votes.

Vote Count:
Admiral Daala/Rider Raider - 1 (Lady K)
Grand Moff Tarkin/LegoMonorailFan - 2 (KotZ, LegoRacer1)
Captain Fenton/Peanuts - 2 (LegoMonorailFan, Khscarymovie4)
Colonel Dellus/LegoRacer - 3 (Forresto, Actor Builder, Tariq j)
Admiral Shelby/Forresto - 3 (Peanuts, mediumsnowman, Sandy)
Admiral Piett/Sandy - 2 (Kintobor, Rider Raider)
Admiral Yularen/KotZ - 1 (fhomess)
Admiral Komec/jluck - 6 (mostlytechnic, penalty)

Thank you for the vote count Captain Jellico. It seems the late Director voted for Admiral Piett. I don't know if there is a connection between the vote and Isard's death, but I don't see an experienced Admiral like Piett killing someone who voted for them, but it is a thing to note. I would like to ask why our dear Admiral Kormec withstood from voting. If you did not want a lynch that is ok, but why not a least vote? Is there any one from yesterday you found even a little suspicious?

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

I think that's too risky of a move for scum to take, doing a revenge kill night one, but I'd be glad to be wrong.

My guess is that she was picked because her death might give us the littlest to work with in sniffing out the traitors. So my question is why her and not someone else? What traits made her an appealing victim to the the murderer, and who else shares those traits but was not chosen by the murderer?

2 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

It seems the late Director voted for Admiral Piett. I don't know if there is a connection between the vote and Isard's death, but I don't see an experienced Admiral like Piett killing someone who voted for them, but it is a thing to note.

The director and I didn't see eye to eye, but that doesn't mean I wanted to kill her. Most likely the traitors are trying to draw focus on me as an experienced officer. I fear I am next in line if the scum don't manage to convince you to lynch me...:sceptic:

1 hour ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

What traits made her an appealing victim to the the murderer, and who else shares those traits but was not chosen by the murderer?

Isard fought the rebels a long time, so I believe her experience led her to her doom. I too am experienced, so my life is on the stake. 

Ozzel am grief-struck!

Isard was a good good worker. Why, oh why, must traitors exist at all?

I should let you guys know, these next two weeks I'm in the midst of finals at university, so I may not be as active as I would like. 

9 hours ago, KotZ said:

Very sad to have lost the good Director, it seems unlikely that he would revenge kill. As that would have been read into the next day (just as we're doing now). 

I'm still not entirely convinced by Colonel Dellus's voting, he votes for a what is clearly a joke vote, realises he can't start a bandwagon, so hops on to the next available one (Tarkin). 

7 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

My guess is that she was picked because her death might give us the littlest to work with in sniffing out the traitors. So my question is why her and not someone else? What traits made her an appealing victim to the the murderer, and who else shares those traits but was not chosen by the murderer?

In past Holographic documents I've read, on Day one especially, scum kills don't always have concrete reasoning behind them, but more "We need to kill someone, let's pick somebody" and it just so happens that the poor Director was that someone.  

9 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

Any speculation as to why she, of all people, was targeted? With only one death last night it would seem probable Director Isard was the work of the traitors and our vigilante, if we have one, stayed home.

It's either because of her experience, or because of her activity in the thread. I believe she was killed because she was loyal, and her contributions in the thread were not high-profile enough to be protected that night.

9 hours ago, KotZ said:

As Captain Fenton noted, below are the people who she voted for and was voted by.

I agree, especially because there is no point in taking revenge over a few votes on day one. I tend to believe it's not her votes that got her killed, except maybe the fact she was voting actively.

7 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

The better question is why anyone else and not her? On night one, she would be as good a scum target as any other loyalist around here.

I don't have time to but could someone quote all of Dalla's comments yesterday and put them here? 

I thought she got into it with someone briefly but everyone moved on.  

13 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

We need to focus more on who should be brought before Lord Vader today rather than who might be a target for tonight; especially if we fail and choose the wrong officer, Lord Vader will not look kindly on that.

11 hours ago, Sandy said:

The director and I didn't see eye to eye, but that doesn't mean I wanted to kill her. Most likely the traitors are trying to draw focus on me as an experienced officer. I fear I am next in line if the scum don't manage to convince you to lynch me...:sceptic:

Isard fought the rebels a long time, so I believe her experience led her to her doom. I too am experienced, so my life is on the stake. 

I believe both her experience and activity put her at risk.  In the past when I have served with her before, she actively spoke out and asked question, drew conclusions and made good observations.  She will be sadly missed. Even though she was with us only a day; her thoughts from yesterday should be looked at.  

13 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

I'd think she was killed because she was part of that blank middle group. She wasn't a town leader or a major past player so she wasn't likely to be protected night 1. Beyond that, I don't see much more of a reason.

Also, sorry for my absence at the end of day 1. I ended up getting called for an emergency repair to a droid and I forgot all about our terrible situation going on in here. I didn't place my vote before I left so I'll accept the penalty votes. Honestly, as I said in day 1, had I voted it would have been out of obligation anyway as I'm not big on those day 1 lynches.

15 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Thank you for the vote count Captain Jellico. It seems the late Director voted for Admiral Piett. I don't know if there is a connection between the vote and Isard's death, but I don't see an experienced Admiral like Piett killing someone who voted for them, but it is a thing to note.

You can take notes all you want, but I am not to blame for this. 

One thing is clear: yesterday's votes were like shotgun fire, and it must not happen again. I am not anymore wiser today than I was yesterday about the situation, but we must congregate to start making results. I myself am most suspicious of the people who were against a lynch and tried to keep the votes scattered yesterday, such as Jellico and Veers. And Shelby is still under my scrutiny for being non-commital, like this:

47 minutes ago, Forresto said:

I don't have time to but could someone quote all of Dalla's comments yesterday and put them here? 

I thought she got into it with someone briefly but everyone moved on.  

If you have a good theory, why not share it with us when you find the time?

On 4/25/2018 at 3:24 PM, Kintobor said:

These rebellious officers managed to somehow slip under the Intelligence committee? Blast. We'll have to double our efforts. 

On 4/26/2018 at 8:50 PM, Kintobor said:

I'll note that I don't suspect Daala at this point. Often times the first few votes is just getting the ball rolling, and I find nothing suspicious in Daala doing so.

On 4/27/2018 at 5:55 AM, Tariq j said:

To be fair, even if there was some kind of mechanic, it's only Day One, so we wouldn't know about it until later in the game. 

I agree with the last part, the thing is it all depends on how well we utilize the voting patterns the next day. And this is where I'm concerned, say we do make a lynch today and try and analyse the voting patterns tomorrow, how successful will we be? Its all very well saying we're  going to use the patterns, but is there a guarantee we're going to catch a scum? 

I'm curious has there ever been a game where a scum has been caught and lynched based mostly off voting patterns? For most of the games I've played it's usually down to a night action result like a track or an investigation that a scum has been caught.

On 4/27/2018 at 12:20 PM, Kintobor said:

What would you classify as special enough that it needs to be brought up at this point? If the town's power roles did know anything, they'd be foolish to bring it up in a room with traitorous ears in it.

Also, looking through the recordings of Day, I spotted this statement from you, Admiral:

So you're not willing to stick your neck out? You're fine with joining a bandwagon? That to me sounds like you're trying to fly under the radar. Please, explain this to me, because at this point in time I find you the most suspicious person in this room, Admiral.

Unvote: Admiral Ozzel (Actor Builder)

Vote: Admiral Piett (Sandy)

I would advise you to begin speaking, Admiral Piett.

On 4/27/2018 at 4:14 PM, Kintobor said:

Allow me to expand on my point then. I don't trust anyone at this point. However, in terms of how scummy people are, Daala is low on my list. I don't find anything she's said too suspicious, and I'm not focusing on her at this time.

We don't have a lot to go off of, but I'd prefer having information tomorrow based off of today, rather than fumbling through the motions tomorrow as we try and have some kind of Day 1 lynch on Day 2.

If you're refusing to vote now, there's a reason for it. You're waiting for a bandwagon, or your waiting for the end of the day. That is scummy in my eyes, and doesn't help the town. Something that you have yet to do. Motti, if you had to vote for someone right now, who would you vote for, and why haven't you done so already?

A vote is more than just explicitly wanting someone lynched. It can be a persuasive tool to get someone to speak up. My vote was initially on Ozzel as a placeholder since I disagree with Ozzel's point on waiting to lynch on Day 2, and he was the first to say so. It's anti town in my eyes, and reeks of scum trying to sway the town. Piett just so happens to be saying things I find suspicious, and I want his statement on what he's said I find just about everyone on the "no Day 1 lynch" train suspicious, but Piett's statements are more scummy in my eyes. We all need to cast a vote, Greer. 

You haven't cast a vote either, Greer. Waiting for something to come along and happen? A bandwagon perhaps? I'm asking you the same question I'm asking Motti: if you had to vote for someone right now, who would it be?

There you go Sandy. 

14 minutes ago, jluck said:

I'd think she was killed because she was part of that blank middle group. She wasn't a town leader or a major past player so she wasn't likely to be protected night 1. Beyond that, I don't see much more of a reason.

Also, sorry for my absence at the end of day 1. I ended up getting called for an emergency repair to a droid and I forgot all about our terrible situation going on in here. I didn't place my vote before I left so I'll accept the penalty votes. Honestly, as I said in day 1, had I voted it would have been out of obligation anyway as I'm not big on those day 1 lynches.

Ok, seems reasonable enough. Who would you have voted for though? Even if it was an obligation it is still something. 

2 minutes ago, Sandy said:

One thing is clear: yesterday's votes were like shotgun fire, and it must not happen again. I am not anymore wiser today than I was yesterday about the situation, but we must congregate to start making results. I myself am most suspicious of the people who were against a lynch and tried to keep the votes scattered yesterday, such as Jellico and Veers. And Shelby is still under my scrutiny for being non-commital, like this:

I do agree that Sandy has been pretty non-committed to her choices but she has acted like this in the past. I think the point you have for Jellico is interesting. He did say that having 10 different choices was unproductive yet did not help but just adding another person to that list. 

Opps, anytime I said Sandy I ment Shelby.

6 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

There you go Sandy. 

Ok, seems reasonable enough. Who would you have voted for though? Even if it was an obligation it is still something. 

I do agree that Sandy has been pretty non-committed to her choices but she has acted like this in the past. I think the point you have for Jellico is interesting. He did say that having 10 different choices was unproductive yet did not help but just adding another person to that list. 

Opps, anytime I said Sandy I ment Shelby.

Such as? 

There is this werid narrative I'm uncommital that's entirely false and is only be propagated by two people.

I committed to my vote against Dellus to get them talking. If they didn't engage more then i'd vote for them to be lynched because I believe day one you vote out the least active person.

20 minutes ago, Sandy said:

My suspicions lie with Veers for going after me for trying to get the discussion on track, and possibly Ozzel.

The latter of whom had a minor scuffle with Daala yesterday but I haven't had time to go back confirm.

1 hour ago, Lady K said:

Even though she was with us only a day; her thoughts from yesterday should be looked at.  

Didn't we discuss this yesterday? Since we know our dear Director Isard was loyal, and had no time to work if she was a PR, she was just in the dark as the rest of us. The only people who know anything at this point are the traitors. Knowing anyone who died Night 1 was loyal does not lend any credence to their theories. 

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

My suspicions lie with Veers for going after me for trying to get the discussion on track, and possibly Ozzel.

I took issue with what appeared to be an attempt to scuttle the conversation about who was scummy and who wasn't before it got started.  I agree completely with Admiral Piett that yesterday's voting pattern was a bit of a waste.  The lack of any primary candidates meant that we are no better off today than yesterday, and I think all those who've been strongly arguing against a day 1 lynch have allowed us, as a group, to be noncommittal.  Even if we didn't settle on a day 1 lynch, we should've narrowed down the list of top suspects to a few.  We didn't do ourselves any favors.

49 minutes ago, mediumsnowman said:

Didn't we discuss this yesterday? Since we know our dear Director Isard was loyal, and had no time to work if she was a PR, she was just in the dark as the rest of us. The only people who know anything at this point are the traitors. Knowing anyone who died Night 1 was loyal does not lend any credence to their theories. 

Hopefully we can get a town block going quickly.

Just now, fhomess said:

I took issue with what appeared to be an attempt to scuttle the conversation about who was scummy and who wasn't before it got started.  I agree completely with Admiral Piett that yesterday's voting pattern was a bit of a waste.  The lack of any primary candidates meant that we are no better off today than yesterday, and I think all those who've been strongly arguing against a day 1 lynch have allowed us, as a group, to be noncommittal.  Even if we didn't settle on a day 1 lynch, we should've narrowed down the list of top suspects to a few.  We didn't do ourselves any favors.

I'll take partial blame for being noncommittal. I think right now the tops suspects, from what I've gathered in thread, are you, Shelby, Daala.

On 4/26/2018 at 10:09 PM, Forresto said:

I suppose if I have to vote I will.

Colonel Dellus (LegoRacer1) 

If only to motivate him to get involved in the conversation more.

Still uncertain of whether a Day One lynch is beneficial.

I think if we do lynch today it should for the least active, since they contribute less to the conversation, lines that can serve as clues to their allegiance. 

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

Such as? 

There is this werid narrative I'm uncommital that's entirely false and is only be propagated by two people.

I committed to my vote against Dellus to get them talking. If they didn't engage more then i'd vote for them to be lynched because I believe day one you vote out the least active person.

You say I suppose if I have to vote which sounds as if your not putting much thought into the vote. You also never agree or disagree with a day 1 lynch, you just stay uncertain. I will point out however that I have seen you act like this in the past while on the good side. 

On 4/27/2018 at 8:41 PM, Lady K said:

The problem I am seeing here is that for a lynch today we need to have nine of us, yes thats 9 of us, agree and present Lord Vader with our suspect.  However, even though 12 of us have voted; four haven't:  myself, Capt. Komec, Adm. Daala, Adm. Greer, no one is agreeing on anything.  We have ten (10) choices?  *huh*  How is this going to be productive for Day 2?  We are going to have to start over.

I really would like to hear more from those who haven't voted before the time runs out.  Thoughts?

This is sort of off to me. Jellico says that having to many choices is bad and unproductive, yet votes for somebody with only one vote just adding more main lynch choices. Sort of odd if you ask me. 

6 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

This is sort of off to me. Jellico says that having to many choices is bad and unproductive, yet votes for somebody with only one vote just adding more main lynch choices. Sort of odd if you ask me. 

To be fair even if Jellico had voted for the person with most votes it might not have made a huge difference, but I do agree that her behaviour yesterday was suspicious, I pointed out earlier he didn’t contribute hugely, just agreeing with the general .consensus and voting. 

1 hour ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Exactly. Actions speak louder than words, and even though he questioned other people's productivity, Jellico was just as guilty of steering us away from a lynch.

I really hope people will stick together tonight when the voting starts and lynch one of the wishy-washy middle-of-the-roaders.