Dr.Cogg

Ninjago City Expansion wishlist

With the Ninjago City Dockyards expantion coming out in a few months, I figured, I would like to see what everyone else would like as the next Expansion to Ninjago City, I'll start:

#1 Borg Tower

#2 SoG HQ and Dareth's Bar

#3 The Royal Castle

#4 Ronin's Pawn shop and Sky tram station

#5 Skylar's Noodle Shop

Edited by Dr.Cogg

2 hours ago, MOMAtteo79 said:

Can’t see images

1 hour ago, Dr.Cogg said:

This is a wish list

I think the issue is that your topic text is brief, and then most of the page is dominated by the 5 missing Flickr images in your signature so it looks like you were perhaps posting some concept art or something that is missing.

On topic, I don't think Borg Tower is very interesting (visually), but Yang Tavern or a proper royal castle could be a lot of fun!

Considering the installments so far have largely been based on the Ninjago Movie, I wouldn't mind one that included the high school (especially if it included Nya's cool motorcycle as well).

Here are a couple things that could be fun!

• Mr. Chen's noodle shop
  • A TV studio where they film "Good Day Ninjago" and the Ninjago news

I’d love to have one with a bunch of little stalls on the bottom, the tv station and maybe a flower shop or something and the first part of the robot hotel on the second floor, some kind of reference to the tv show like Chen’s noodles or something and the second part of the robot hotel on the third floor, and the head of the robot hotel on the “roof” section, with some kind of small build of ninjago tower at the top with swappable flags for garmadon and ninjago city.

I wish there were a good close-up image of it, but I'd like to see that vintage styled suspended monorail seen running throughout Ninjago City, which was also carried over to the TV show afterwards.

Anyone here aware of any good close-up images of that train? I was disappointed that it wasn't featured in the film's "Art and Making of" book. :sad:

Thought of something else I'd want to see in a Ninjago City expansion—the beachfront! I've started working on a concept on LDD, which makes for a fairly plausible layout on a base the size of Ninjago City Docks.

The absurdly decorated and excessive-lighting-equipped school bus. And although the NC set has Misako/Lloyd's apartment it is a complete disservice to the beautiful build seen in the movie (for the 36 people who actually saw the film :tongue:).

The school itself, noodle shop, newsroom and monorail per other suggestions would also be really cool.

On 5/13/2018 at 7:58 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

I wish there were a good close-up image of it, but I'd like to see that vintage styled suspended monorail seen running throughout Ninjago City, which was also carried over to the TV show afterwards.

Anyone here aware of any good close-up images of that train? I was disappointed that it wasn't featured in the film's "Art and Making of" book. :sad:

I would love to see that in a Ninjago city set, maybe a larger $400+ size set that way it would be of decent size. We know they aren't afraid to make super expensive sets and one set a year of modular Ninjago city sets seems likely given the fact Ninjago will probably just be an evergreen theme that won't end for a long time yet even if they re-brand them for the show. 

Things I'd love to see would be the robot tower thing, Good Morning Ninjago studio with Robin Roberts and Michael Strahan minifigures, the school and school bus, more variants of the small boats, the warehouse with smaller but still minifigure compatible mechs, the other n-pop girl, the narwhal guy, 

I feel like the warehouse would be a neat thing then have the freight yard behind it as part of it as well with the unloading crane and a cargo container or two and maybe a smaller size cargo ship, I hope we see a few more sets based on the idea the designs and colors used in the two so far are wonderful and so many easter eggs, also has there been any Nexo Knight easter eggs in either yet?

8 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

I would love to see that in a Ninjago city set, maybe a larger $400+ size set that way it would be of decent size. We know they aren't afraid to make super expensive sets and one set a year of modular Ninjago city sets seems likely given the fact Ninjago will probably just be an evergreen theme that won't end for a long time yet even if they re-brand them for the show. 

Things I'd love to see would be the robot tower thing, Good Morning Ninjago studio with Robin Roberts and Michael Strahan minifigures, the school and school bus, more variants of the small boats, the warehouse with smaller but still minifigure compatible mechs, the other n-pop girl, the narwhal guy, 

I feel like the warehouse would be a neat thing then have the freight yard behind it as part of it as well with the unloading crane and a cargo container or two and maybe a smaller size cargo ship, I hope we see a few more sets based on the idea the designs and colors used in the two so far are wonderful and so many easter eggs, also has there been any Nexo Knight easter eggs in either yet?

I'm not sure we'd see those particular figures in a Good Morning Ninjago studio—not just because it might require further negotiations for their likenesses to appear in an actual product as opposed to just the movie, but also because if I remember correctly the TV hosts varied by country.

Personally I am hoping for something a bit more high-tech than the Ninjago Docks. A hospital or office building or transit station. Or everything slammed together on a single baseplate.

Very nice, also I hope the rumor of Borg Tower being the next Expansion is true.

That Ninjago City expansion creation by Galaktek pagoda park is incrdible. I would love to see more sets with this kind of quality. I think a low rise expansion set would cool as well. Like a bunch of indie shops but with an asian decor to the architecture. I was originally star wars only in my collection but these Ninjago City sets pulled me in big time ;)

Most of the Ninjago City designs I see are multipurpose structures.   To MOC this, you sort of have to build a framework and let the structures fill the remaining space.

On 10/12/2018 at 6:51 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

It's Ninjago City meets Mortal Engines... :distressed: [NINJAGO CITY TANK]

Absurdity level: unprecedented! That's hilariously fun and awesome.

Here are a few other custom additions to Ninjago City shown off at the same BrickCon in Seattle:

Flickr - BrickCon 2018 

BrickCon 2018BrickCon 2018

4 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Absurdity level: unprecedented! That's hilariously fun and awesome.

Here's a better look around at the titanic creation courtesy of Beyond the Brick: