Dr.Cogg

Ninjago City Expansion wishlist

Well if Lego did the royal palace it would have to be horizontal,  while Borg Tower would be vertical.

I like the idea of the beach and the theatre, I would also like to see Ronin's pawn shop (with his black armor on display), a news studio (for gale), small police station and post office.

23 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I don't know, I think not having horizontal sections would be a bad thing. For me, I only currently really have the space to display the sets as a "row" along a wall. Having too many corners in that format could get repetitive fast and could cause collision issues in spots where features overhang the edge of the plate on non-adjoining sides. Heck, even if you display the sets "in the round" you would still need at least one more 32x32 horizontal section (or two 16x32 sections) to complete a full "block" of buildings.

I also don't think the Docks displays too badly on its own (even if it lacks some of the grandeur of the original City), plus I don't think it's fair to assume that any future horizontal expansion would have to choose to trade elevation for width the same exact way it did. If anything, I would prefer to have variety and worry that without varying the orientation of sections, the series would run out of interesting things to do with corners twice as quickly as it would otherwise.

I feel you on the space limitations, which is the true foe of all AFOLs.    I guess what I mean to say is that the Docks is long, low, and flat, whereas 70620 and 71741 are both vertically layered slices of architecture, which is both aesthetically pleasing and distinct from every other Lego product (and uniquely designed clone product).   A horizontal section without corners that keeps the same vertical layering could work.

I just hope we get a 4th set in the series, which is the furthest thing in the world from a guarantee.

Edited by CopperTablet

Ninjago City Aquarium - Not sure how LEGO would pull this off, but this expansion by eyescream54 just screams Aquarium to me. I imagine a greenhouse or amphibian habitat at the lower level, and some large neon fishtanks at the upper level, with neon signage and satellites spread about. Maybe an observatory and restaurant on top.

Ninjago City Farms - This may be wishful thinking on my half, but hear me out. A farm expansion could have a similar layout to Docks, where it is a long 32 x 48, complete with a small rice field, some traditional homes, and perhaps a tree or two. If connected with temple island, it would not have to be three levels. However, I am confident the designers could pull off a triple-tiered farm set regardless. As the Gardens focused in on nature, with the large trees and little islands, a farm expansion would be a nice compliment.

1 hour ago, Cocoa said:

Ninjago City Farms - This may be wishful thinking on my half, but hear me out. A farm expansion could have a similar layout to Docks, where it is a long 32 x 48, complete with a small rice field, some traditional homes, and perhaps a tree or two. If connected with temple island, it would not have to be three levels. However, I am confident the designers could pull off a triple-tiered farm set regardless. As the Gardens focused in on nature, with the large trees and little islands, a farm expansion would be a nice compliment.

maybe the farms could be at street level, with homes at the riverfront on the bottom, then platforms with farms above those, or something like that. 

Is there a brick built Ninjargon alphabet anywhere online? I'm starting work on a Ninjago City expansion (television station/movie theater, Kabuki theater, Lou's house, and coffee shop) and English lettering is hard enough, much less fictional language lettering. Additionally, does anyone know if there's a comprehensive list of sets with prints/stickers in Ninjargon?

Oh yeah, and Jay's dead dad's (whose name escapes me) like penthouse is the third like section, I completely forgot about it

Anything. Literally anything. I just want more expansions. 

@GeneralNumberOne In the first book of instructions for Ninjago City there’s the alphabet & numbers. 

Edited by Vindicare

On 1/3/2022 at 3:02 AM, Vindicare said:

Anything. Literally anything. I just want more expansions. 

@GeneralNumberOne In the first book of instructions for Ninjago City there’s the alphabet & numbers. 

I meant like has anyone done the whole alphabet out of like plates/tiles/bricks? I've been trying, but I can't quite manage to get some stuff right

5 hours ago, GeneralNumberOne said:

I meant like has anyone done the whole alphabet out of like plates/tiles/bricks? I've been trying, but I can't quite manage to get some stuff right

Ooh, yeah...those angles would be tricky. The best way I can think of is using those quarter circle tiles but the edges obvious wouldn’t be smooth. There’s those triangle tiles(2x2 “cut” at a slant) but are really too big...

On 2/4/2021 at 8:15 PM, Cocoa said:

Ninjago City Aquarium - Not sure how LEGO would pull this off, but this expansion by eyescream54 just screams Aquarium to me. I imagine a greenhouse or amphibian habitat at the lower level, and some large neon fishtanks at the upper level, with neon signage and satellites spread about. Maybe an observatory and restaurant on top.

I did the Aquarium thing a few years ago:

50868908088_1f28a9cf80_c.jpg

More on flickr

On 1/1/2022 at 4:30 AM, GeneralNumberOne said:

Is there a brick built Ninjargon alphabet anywhere online? I'm starting work on a Ninjago City expansion (television station/movie theater, Kabuki theater, Lou's house, and coffee shop) and English lettering is hard enough, much less fictional language lettering. Additionally, does anyone know if there's a comprehensive list of sets with prints/stickers in Ninjargon?

Oh yeah, and Jay's dead dad's (whose name escapes me) like penthouse is the third like section, I completely forgot about it

There is a language table in the Ninjago City instructions. It's got to be online somewhere. Like Star Wars Aurabesh its just a straight swap to english letters.