Sign in to follow this  
Sci-FiFleetAdmiral

[Lester] Daimler-Benz Navigator CT

The all-new Daimler-Benz Navigator, Convertible Truck:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Navigator, the newest off-road automobile from Daimler-Benz, is the vehicle of choice for the rugged outdoorsman, the stubborn explorer, the far-flung military unit, or the discerning traveler.
Coming in Convertible or Hardtop Truck,  and Convertible or Hardtop Sedan, the Navigator is equipped with a flat-cylinder V8,  all-weather leather seats, removable soft top in the convertibles, ample rear trunk space, a reinforced steel bedrack for holding tools, and locking 4-wheel drive.
 A steel tow hitch at the back ensures that whatever won't fit in the trunk, you can pull behind you! 
The Navigator comes in Temple Gray, Sahara Tan, Jungle Green, and Atlantis Blue.

This is the rough-and-tumble automobile for all your exploration needs, so pick one up today!**

*Available at select Benz dealers in Europe, North America, and Asia.

27912533148_fdbf68422d_c.jpghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/95309146@N06/27912533148/in/dateposted/

The Navigator model features working steering, opening doors, folding windshield and removable top, plus it seats two minifigs, albeit uncomfortably.  I wanted to include suspension and opening hood, but ran out of time and space. :(

41063623314_5dc40a1061_c.jpghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/95309146@N06/41063623314/in/photostream/

*Promotional images used with permission of Colonel Jacque DeAthos.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you all like it, and may the best Adventurer win! :D

Edited by Sci-FiFleetAdmiral

Very nice!  I really like the overall shape of this vehicle.  Every tool has it's place while still maintaining the smooth lines.:classic:

Great job on the bodywork, especially with the grill, hood and fenders! Fantastic to see there is steering, too! :thumbup: The only thing I don't really like is the seating, which lacks texture and looks uncomfortable because of that, although the colour is just right. Another minor point of criticism: it would be nice to have a shot with the sitting behind the wheel. On the whole: well done! :classic:

Sweet, it's like an off-road El Camino from the 1930's! :thumbup: :grin:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

On 4/29/2018 at 1:34 PM, Lady K said:

Very nice!  I really like the overall shape of this vehicle.  Every tool has it's place while still maintaining the smooth lines.:classic:

Thank you Lady K!  :classic:

On 4/30/2018 at 6:49 AM, Exetrius said:

Great job on the bodywork, especially with the grill, hood and fenders! Fantastic to see there is steering, too! :thumbup: The only thing I don't really like is the seating, which lacks texture and looks uncomfortable because of that, although the colour is just right. Another minor point of criticism: it would be nice to have a shot with the sitting behind the wheel. On the whole: well done! :classic:

Thank you Exetrius.  I worked really hard to get the fenders and grill just right.  Yes, I am not really happy with the seating either, but the minifig chairs don't fit in that space, and in order for a fig to fit in the vehicle, I had to use plain brick for the back.

Well, since you requested, here it is.  I apologize for the late reply, weather was very poor for photos until this week. :sweet:

28432133698_28c8f06578_c.jpghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/95309146@N06/28432133698/in/dateposted/

On 5/1/2018 at 5:58 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Sweet, it's like an off-road El Camino from the 1930's! :thumbup: :grin:

Haha!  Thanks Digger!

2 hours ago, Sci-FiFleetAdmiral said:

Thank you Exetrius.  I worked really hard to get the fenders and grill just right.  Yes, I am not really happy with the seating either, but the minifig chairs don't fit in that space, and in order for a fig to fit in the vehicle, I had to use plain brick for the back.

Well, since you requested, here it is.  I apologize for the late reply, weather was very poor for photos until this week. :sweet:

Sweet picture, he fits right in I see!

You used regular bricks for the seating? In that case you could perhaps swap them for dark tan palissade bricks (https://brickset.com/parts/design-30136) to give it cushion-like feel. 

Edited by Exetrius